You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

I get the point though. At least we have the good grace to keep our animal cruelty hidden away on farms and in abattoirs, which shows we at least have a modicum of shame over it. Whereas a society that tolerates dancing bears is utterly shameless.

I think the battery hens are more a necessity of mass meat consumption than anything to do with animal cruelty. I mean, I realise it's extremely cruel to the chickens but it would be a lot simpler to knock dancing bears on the head than it would to get rid of battery farming.

I suppose it depends where you draw the line. I don't see mass meat consumption as any more of a necessity than dancing bears. I have managed to do without both through my whole life.

Aye, but thousands of jobs will depend on the mass produced chicken industry now.

Our house is a great place for animals to come. Two dogs living the life of riley. Budgie we found on the path outside is still going strong years later. Tortoise has a nice life. We even had a small lizard which the kids brought home from school. Class project. Several kids volunteered and took the lizards home. Naturally we got one as our kids are suckers for acquiring animals. Mrs G indulges it.  

All the other lizards died within days, but ours lived a lovely life for four years in our house, only to die just recently. Mrs G got it a glass cage and a heat lamp, and then from time to time she would go and buy crickets, or send the lad outside to catch some to feed to the lizard. 

If I were an animal I would love to live in our house. 

Can't abide cruelty to animals. Even the last time I went to a zoo a few years ago seemed a bit like a guilty pleasure. 

Our house is a great place for animals to come. Two dogs living the life of riley. Budgie we found on the path outside is still going strong years later. Tortoise has a nice life. We even had a small lizard which the kids brought home from school. Class project. Several kids volunteered and took the lizards home. Naturally we got one as our kids are suckers for acquiring animals. Mrs G indulges it.  

All the other lizards died within days, but ours lived a lovely life for four years in our house, only to die just recently. Mrs G got it a glass cage and a heat lamp, and then from time to time she would go and buy crickets, or send the lad outside to catch some to feed to the lizard. 

Can't abide cruelty to animals. Even the last time I went to a zoo a few years ago seemed a bit like a guilty pleasure.

A lizard?

You let Pete Price in your house?

• Upvote 2

Know that feeling Rev, at one point we had the following menagerie;

3 horses

2 dogs

2 cats

10 rabbits

2 guinea pigs 

I always feel guilty at zoos, but apparently a very high percentage of the animals wouldn't survive in the wild with their injuries and ailments. If true, it paints the zoo's in a slightly different light.

I always feel guilty at zoos, but apparently a very high percentage of the animals wouldn't survive in the wild with their injuries and ailments. If true, it paints the zoo's in a slightly different light.

Sadly,the zoos often provide excellent breeding programmes which prevent possible widespread extinction too. Sad but understandable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Remember being on a train in Inida. It had to stop and everyone piled off for some air. Nearly every single Inidan man was lobbing stones at the monkeys nearby for a laugh. Evil cunts, no issue with hunting for meat etc but this sort of cruelty for the sake of cruelty is a cunts trick.

I for one hail our new Ape overlords

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Remember being on a train in Inida. It had to stop and everyone piled off for some air. Nearly every single Inidan man was lobbing stones at the monkeys nearby for a laugh. Evil cunts, no issue with hunting for meat etc but this sort of cruelty for the sake of cruelty is a cunts trick.

I for one hail our new Ape overlords

Wouldn't do it with Orang Utans as you'd end up covered in their shite.