You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Slagging off Soccer Saturday - 3rd Jan edition

Redder Lurtz

On 26/08/2020 at 19:00, Section_31 said:

They've sacked their entire panel EXCEPT for Merson, the worst pundit in football history.

The only explanation I could think of was that they feel they have a duty of care towards him

29 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The vast majority of pundits in this country are fucking shite, why are you making a thing about their skin colour? 

Sky sports are by clearly employing someone based on the colour of their skin.   Micah fucking Richard isn't the best they can do, no Alex Scott. 

Both utterly dreadful with countless better options out there, including three they've just sacked. L

Just now, Grinch said:

Sky sports are by clearly employing someone based on the colour of their skin.   Micah fucking Richard isn't the best they can do, no Alex Scott. 

Both utterly dreadful with countless better options out there, including three they've just sacked. L

Again. Why are you obsessed with skin colour? 

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Explain how Matt Le Tissier is more competent than Micah Richards.

35 minutes ago, Champ said:

The only explanation I could think of was that they feel they have a duty of care towards him

Would be astonishing if true given that he's a grown man. Imagine never being able to sack someone - ever - in case they go the pub.

On the subject of Le Tissier, he grew up in the Channel Islands and played for Southampton his entire career. A Wiki search suggests that he is still involved with football in Guernsey so, his Sky Sports stint aside, (the studios are in Isleworth, Middlesex) he's not been based in London for any length of time. So why does he always sound like central casting for Eastenders?

As for the possibility of Richards joining the show, he seems to be everywhere anyway. Him and Merson would be a thick-fest.

52 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The vast majority of pundits in this country are fucking shite, why are you making a thing about their skin colour? 

Because thats what it is about now. I don't watch it anyway but it doesn't surprise me that they've let them all go so they can get in a more diverse panel, much like what BT Sport do on a saturday.

But Richards is utter garbage. He can't even string a coherent sentence together.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Because thats what it is about now. I don't watch it anyway but it doesn't surprise me that they've let them all go so they can get in a more diverse panel, much like what BT Sport do on a saturday.

But Richards is utter garbage. He can't even string a coherent sentence together.

You don't watch the programme, so you don't know whether the old panel was any good.

You've no idea who the replacements will be, because Sky haven't mentioned any names.

But you know that this is definitely about race. Definitely. 

Give yer daft little head a wobble. 

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I can put up with his incoherence. It's his inability to put his bias aside which makes me switch over or mute the sound when he's on. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

That's what YOU'RE saying it is about now.

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

You don't watch the programme, so you don't know whether the old panel was any good.

You've no idea who the replacements will be, because Sky haven't mentioned any names.

But you know that this is definitely about race. Definitely. 

Give yer daft little head a wobble. 

What are you on about? They have been on the panel for years. I don't watch it now but i have in the past.

Unless you've been living under a fucking rock the last couple of years, everything is now about representation. Movies, TV, Sport, everything. They won't replace three middle aged white fellas with another three middle aged white fellas will they?

Ive done work for the BBC in the recent past and I've been actively asked to switch around people in the work i do according to their skin colour so don't go telling me to give my head a wobble, i know exactly what I'm talking about.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

What are you on about? They have been on the panel for years. I don't watch it now but i have in the past.

Unless you've been living under a fucking rock the last couple of years, everything is now about representation. Movies, TV, Sport, everything. They won't replace three middle aged white fellas with another three middle aged white fellas will they?

Ive done work for the BBC in the recent past and I've been actively asked to switch around people in the work i do according to their skin colour so don't go telling me to give my head a wobble, i know exactly what I'm talking about.

Christ, you poor thing. How have you not already retired from the stress of your arduous professional life? First, the horror of having to work with black people and then you had to give up your wages to the Americans because of Covid? Sickening. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Christ, you poor thing. How have you not already retired from the stress of your arduous professional life? First, the horror of having to work with black people and then you had to give up your wages to the Americans because of Covid? Sickening. 

Who said i worked with black people? Talking out of your arse as usual. Oh and you can't read.

10 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So, what you're saying is that representation is a bad thing? That having people on the telly who look and sound like the viewers at home is something we should avoid?

You don't know what you're talking about. 

I started off by saying it's unfortunate that if a black person gets the job nobheads would cry tokenism.  I did not reckon on the nobheads going on the attack before anyone was appointed.