You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The new doctor

WaltonRed

This isn't about the performance, I suspect she'll be great, it's about the lack of a female presence in high up TV production jobs and how men appointing women in lead roles isn't significant when they won't give the showrunner job to a woman nor do many women get gigs writing for the show.

I was talking about the impact, not the performance.

There's a lad I used to work with, 29, who's a total sci-fi / comic book nerd. Gets dressed up, goes to conventions, all that sort of shit.

Last Christmas time he came into work with his Doctor Who scarf, shit eating grin cos he'd just bought himself a "sonic screwdriver". The daft cunt even showed me pics of his K9 he'd made out of cereal boxes and cannbalised roller skates.

Anyway, delighted with this news about the woman Doctor Who for no other reason than it's gonna fuck up my mates little fantasy shenanigans big style; either grow up and pack up your shit or get yourself down to Ann Summers and get yourself a Wonderbra, you cross dressing virgin fruit loop.

Call me a cunt if you like.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It genuinely astounds me that a generation of people who lived through the war were scared of daleks. 

'Yeah this fucking wheelchair used to appear with a plunger on its head and we'd all dive behind the couch, I preferred the simpler times when my street used to get bombed and Mr Brown the barber would stumble out with his kneecaps hanging off saying 'don't worry lads, tell your dad me scissors are okay!' 

• Upvote 4

There's a lad I used to work with, 29, who's a total sci-fi / comic book nerd. Gets dressed up, goes to conventions, all that sort of shit.

Last Christmas time he came into work with his Doctor Who scarf, shit eating grin cos he'd just bought himself a "sonic screwdriver". The daft cunt even showed me pics of his K9 he'd made out of cereal boxes and cannbalised roller skates.

Anyway, delighted with this news about the woman Doctor Who for no other reason than it's gonna fuck up my mates little fantasy shenanigans big style; either grow up and pack up your shit or get yourself down to Ann Summers and get yourself a Wonderbra, you cross dressing virgin fruit loop.

You can just imagine the excitement yesterday for the return of Game of Thrones, then to be shot down by a female Dr Who.

I bet some Grandmothers got ignored and cats got kicked, Don't Disturb signs firmly on doors, Domino's menus at the ready and taking a bashing.

Probably don't the only things getting bashed, bet some message boards went down quicker than Katie Price.

• Upvote 1

You're a cunt

but not for this post, just in general.

uss-sadnessprise.jpg

• Upvote 4

It's been shit since Tom Baker left

This. Peter Davison was ok, but Baker and McCoy were shite.

I haven't given the new series the time of day, apart from when I watched some of the first episodes and realised that in the time between McCoy and Eccleston (with a nod to McGann) they'd moved from crap practical effects to crap CGI. Welcome to the future.

This. Peter Davison was ok, but Baker and McCoy were shite.

I haven't given the new series the time of day, apart from when I watched some of the first episodes and realised that in the time between McCoy and Eccleston (with a nod to McGann) they'd moved from crap practical effects to crap CGI. Welcome to the future.

"I don't watch it but I know it's shit."

You and Sticky sound a bit like Homer Simpson claiming that music peaked in 1974.