You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are you doing for new years?

Remmie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm staying in. I've never been a great celebrater of New Year. I had a really tough few years, and I always dreaded New Year and didn't have a lot to look forward to. This is the first year I can remember that I actually feel really positive about the the coming 12 months, and I'm actually quite excited.

My evening will comprise of films, wine, games with the kids, cheese, olives, and internet. So pretty much the same as every other night, but with cheese.

Am off to squeeze with the crowds to try to catch some fireworks but will probably be disappointed like last year and take 4 hrs to walk home in the cold when the public transport system gets paralyzed by the hordes of drunken revellers.

happy 2009 denizens of TLW!!

I'm alone at home too, but instead of being depressed about it I actively made sure I declined to go out and stayed in, because stood in a pub or at a party counting down to new year every year is something I don't like doing. Will go out next year I guess, and for this one Liberty City's MSX FM guided me in, just so that I didn't have to hear any of the neighbours doing the countdown, that would've been annoying, heh.

To the DJ Timecode and MC Codebreaker!

Hope you have a good new year anyway all.

Edit : I didn't manage to avoid hearing the fireworks though. Will have to remember to get headphones on another time. :whistle:

Guest TK-421

I went to a party. There were young people there including a Lucy Liu lookalike who didn't smile much. I'm home eating pasta and drinking cava.

I had a quiet one myself, hence me being online. Me and Vader got a chinese in and after midnight I had a quick drive to my cousin's house and saw some of my family there, only for an hour or so before getting off.

A lot quieter than usual but I have realised that the older you get the less interested I am in new year. I was watching Father Ted at midnight - was enjoying it too much to turn it on for the overhyped countdown for the overhyped occasion.

"Ted, Jack isn't dead afterall!"

We watched a daft DVD (can't remember what it was called - the Brit one that rips off everything from Mad Max to Aliens), drank a bottle of red with some steak and salad, before scoffing a load of cheese and going to bed at about half ten. Had a fairly shite nights sleep due to fireworks, dehydration and excess cheese dreams. New Year, Schmew Year.

Am now feeling largely restored through the power of OJ, coffee, toast and tea. A bath, more lazing around with a book or messing on the new Wii will undoubtedly help in that regard. Then it's off to grab a paper (lazy paper boy not delivering on NYD) on the way to Bidston Hill or the North Wirral Coastal Park for a walk, before a spot of lunch and then a big family gathering in North Wales.

I had a quiet one myself, hence me being online. Me and Vader got a chinese in and after midnight I had a quick drive to my cousin's house and saw some of my family there, only for an hour or so before getting off.

A lot quieter than usual but I have realised that the older you get the less interested I am in new year. I was watching Father Ted at midnight - was enjoying it too much to turn it on for the overhyped countdown for the overhyped occasion.

"Ted, Jack isn't dead afterall!"

I didn't realise it was midnight until about 20 minutes later when I checked my text messages reading, "Happy New Year!!!!!!!" "OMG HAPPY NEWYEAR!!!" etc.