You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks he's been imperious this season? Last-ditch tackles seem to have completly left his game such is his positioning and he's clearly helped Skrtel become a better defender.

Carragher no longer relying on physical attributes - to the extent a defender can- makes me think he could go on for another 3 or 4 years as our main CB.

I think he's been consistently brilliant this season, which is no less than I expect from him.

Underrated by our own fans and by the national media. If you ask opposition players though, they will tell you just exactly how good he is.

I think he's been consistently brilliant this season, which is no less than I expect from him.

Underrated by our own fans and by the national media. If you ask opposition players though, they will tell you just exactly how good he is.

Agreed.

He doesn't need to stand out to be having a great season, that just shows how well the team as a whole has been playing.

Superb defender, and taking my rose tinted glasses off, for a second, is a better defender, than anything the English team has at the moment.

Is one of the first names on the teamsheet, along side Stevie, Nando and Pepe.

Who underrates him? Being a Liverpool defender is more difficult here than most places because we have so much posession that there's quite often not a lot to do for large parts of the game for the defenders so they have to be sharp and focused.

It's the games when we are under a bit of pressure that show how good Skrtel can be but he doesn't have the same ability to stay prepared as Carra does; that has to come from experience. The only downside to Carra is him being so good might mean we lose Agger who'll want to play more than he has been.

There was yet another debate on TalkSport last week about Carragher and England.

Adrien Durham the fella who slated carragher live on air was saying that Carragher should be given the RB position for England and be 2nd choice CB behind Rio and Terry.

What made him change his tune?

There was yet another debate on TalkSport last week about Carragher and England.

Adrien Durham the fella who slated carragher live on air was saying that Carragher should be given the RB position for England and be 2nd choice CB behind Rio and Terry.

Jamie is hardly going to play right back for England when he refused to do it for us - Durham only changed his tune to get people ringing in

I don't know of any defenders in world football who are demonstrably better than him. He's also one of the most consistent players around. He doesn't even really have bad games, just the odd - and they really are odd - moment in a game every now and then. His intelligence is fantastic, as is his movement, organisation, anticipation and leadership. A phenomenal player, in my view.

I don't understand why some of our support (admittedly only a small section) are keen to write him off and have him shunted out to right back or, even worse, dropped in order to accommodate a Skrtel- Agger partnership. Yes, Agger's great on the ball and is arguably the best ball-playing defender we've got (although I personally think it's Aurelio), but. call me a traditionalist, I like my defenders to be able defend first and foremost. Carragher does that better than anybody else in the squad and he easily has another 3 good years in him. Not only is he a model of consistency, but he's the heartbeat of this club and his influence can't be underplayed. I feel we'll miss a lot more than a great defender when he eventually hangs up his boots.

As a out and out Defender he's up with the best,but what i have noticed is that he seems to be playing at a slower tempo,which is ideal in Europe but not best in the quicker tempo of the Prem,can be annoying at times,when we want to play at a higher tempo.

I think it cannot be under-estimated how important it is to have a 'designated' leader of the defense like Carra.

His organising and vocal presence is absolutely superb.

Theres no jostling between the two centre halves shouting over each other. You listen to Carra, simple as.

Am I the only one who thinks he's been imperious this season? Last-ditch tackles seem to have completly left his game such is his positioning and he's clearly helped Skrtel become a better defender.

Carragher no longer relying on physical attributes - to the extent a defender can- makes me think he could go on for another 3 or 4 years as our main CB.

Nope you're not.

Just a shame he and Sami wont be getting title winners medals this season.

Cuz he's a cunt. And he assumed Carragher was acting like a baby by effectively resigning his england career when he neither understood or questioned why he would do it. When Carra rang him live on air and told the twat to stop flapping his lips about something that he knew nothing about, his opinion changed, but now Carragher's claim that he is second only to Terry, after the King injury debacle, has highlighted the wafer-thin backup England has defensivly and tools like Durham decide maybe Carragher wasn't over-reacting afterall, and maybe he should have been selected above those other shithouse players england have. Anyway its only england, by carragher retiring from internationals - he's prolonged his club career for another 2 years atleast hopefully.

I don't understand why some of our support (admittedly only a small section) are keen to write him off and have him shunted out to right back or, even worse, dropped in order to accommodate a Skrtel- Agger partnership. Yes, Agger's great on the ball and is arguably the best ball-playing defender we've got (although I personally think it's Aurelio), but. call me a traditionalist, I like my defenders to be able defend first and foremost. Carragher does that better than anybody else in the squad and he easily has another 3 good years in him. Not only is he a model of consistency, but he's the heartbeat of this club and his influence can't be underplayed. I feel we'll miss a lot more than a great defender when he eventually hangs up his boots.

Hurrah! On the nose 100%. Reina got all the accolades for breaking the fastest to 100 cleansheets record but Carragher must have played in most of those games and should therefore shoulder the merit. He is a fucking immense representation of everything this football should be - and those who claim he's not automatic selection anymore need to wake up. Fucking loves him i do. Easily my favourite player.

Cuz he's a cunt. And he assumed Carragher was acting like a baby by effectively resigning his england career when he neither understood or questioned why he would do it. When Carra rang him live on air and told the twat to stop flapping his lips about something that he knew nothing about, his opinion changed, but now Carragher's claim that he is second only to Terry, after the King injury debacle, has highlighted the wafer-thin backup England has defensivly and tools like Durham decide maybe Carragher wasn't over-reacting afterall, and maybe he should have been selected above those other shithouse players england have. Anyway its only england, by carragher retiring from internationals - he's prolonged his club career for another 2 years atleast hopefully.

Would that be the same Adrian Durham who did a live show from Carra's restaurant promoting Carra's book?