You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He was brilliant yesterday and made a mockery of the ridiculous myth that he lacks technical ability.

I'd have him at RB all the time, especially when MS comes back. He's solid defensively and uses the ball a lot more intelligently than the vastly overrated Arbeloa.

I think Carra has improved massively going forward as a right back and his crosses are very good.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you're going a bit over the top. Sami's passing is always very good and despite not having a lot of pace he's very calm on the ball.

Nonsense. Sami is a ledge, and has his moments going forward, but his distrubution has been average at best for years. He's prone to off balance aimless hoofs.

Nonsense. Sami is a ledge, and has his moments going forward, but his distrubution has been average at best for years. He's prone to off balance aimless hoofs.

Think you could make a case for that being the norm in Houllier's days but for the past 3 years , at least, his passing has been very accurate. There were at least 3 occasions yesterday when he pinged it wide in a manner that reflected Alonso.

To be honest I think his poor distribution is a bit of a myth. He's got a very good football brain.

Been at his best when played at right-back. Odd.

For my money, a Hyypia Agger partnership has more going for it, a far nicely blend of strengths(more composure on the ball, aerially more dominant), sadly Hyypia isn't a few years younger. Not having a go at Carra, just how i see it.

You're way off the mark there. People pick out Carra's og's as a sign of weakness whilst completely overlooking his goalsaving blocks eg Deco at the bridge. Even Sami is on record as saying Carra is the best defender in England.

You're way off the mark there. People pick out Carra's og's as a sign of weakness whilst completely overlooking his goalsaving blocks eg Deco at the bridge. Even Sami is on record as saying Carra is the best defender in England.

Way off? How? Where did i bring up Carra's OG's?

So Sami thinks that, wouldn't be the first time a player has been kind in his appraisal of a teammate, cause in no way is Carra the best defender in the League, he might have been at some stage, for a period of time, but he's in no way the best, don't think you'd argue otherwise would you?

And what have i said here really? That, oh woe of woes, an Agger Hyypia(a much younger Hyypia too mind) partnership has more going for it than a Carra Agger one, in part because of what Carra can offer at right-back(which is nothing Arbeloa doesn't, with the added bonus of being defensively more solid). I mean WOW! Really? Do people forget how important a player Sami has been for us? Or is this purely a scouse thing with scousers taking offence at what they perceive as a knock on Carra?

I'll leave this here, as its only going to go one way, and then in circles, so i'll be the bigger man :P ;).

Carragher should not be playing RB, He is one of our few players who we should not move about to acomodate other players. I have always stated I want to see Darby there before I see Carragher

Although I believe he has been getting unfair stick from some sections of fans, Carragher hasn't been our best player this season, although as ever he has been consistant and is showing no signs of letting up.

He will never score the goals like John Terry, but he reads the game to perfection.

Personally I look forward to a Skrtel and Carra CB Pairing. They are our two best defenders.

I would've liked to have seen Darby (and Spearing instead of Lucas) come on in the last twenty yesterday in place of Carra, it was a chance missed to see how he'd do at a relatively easy part of the game when Bolton had pretty much given up.

With that twat Davies on the park and the the dirty blueshite McCann they would have been targetted from the off for a bit of rough housing. It would have been a great test for them at 3 nil to see how they handled it

He will never score the goals like John Terry..................

Im certain if Jay was prepared to lead with the arm more or just barge through players, he may not score as many as that thug but he'd certainly have a few more.

Some clowns on tv were actually discussing whether there should be a rule that says england captain's shouldnt be sent off in non international games! I kid you not! That just illustrates what mongo can currently get away with.

Personally I look forward to a Skrtel and Carra CB Pairing. They are our two best defenders.

Wouldnt disgaree too much with that but a pairing of JC and SH is probably our next best.

Im certain if Jay was prepared to lead with the arm more or just barge through players, he may not score as many as that thug but he'd certainly have a few more.

Some clowns on tv were actually discussing whether there should be a rule that says england captain's shouldnt be sent off in non international games! I kid you not! That just illustrates what mongo can currently get away with.

Wouldnt disgaree too much with that but a pairing of JC and SH is probably our next best.

Where was this?