You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Sopranos Scenes

Section_31

Some great scenes in here. One that comes to mind is when Tony and Adriana were involved in the car crash on the way to score some coke. The scene where the chinese whispers start with some guy at the end saying "the doctors had to remove Tony's cock from her mouth" superb.

I miss the show so much.

*cries*

The scene where Jonny Sac tells Tony they should stop meeting in deserted locations as 'its undignified'.

Tony lets Jonny talk down to him over Tony Blondetto killing Billy Leotardo for a minute or two before coming out with one of the greatest lines in the entire series....

"You know what Jon, I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself! You, Phil or whoever?..he's my fuckin' cousin"

...then just walks away.

Awesome television.

Johnny Sac is ace. What I love about the mob is that they're a mix of characters, some are stupid, some are highly intelligent, in many ways they fall into the life through tradition, family, friendships and upbringing, but they're not always necessarily drawn to it like with - say - a British criminal organisation because they're greedy arseholes. Bobby Bachala for instance is a pretty sound guy, Blundetto, Ralphie (who himself says he should have been an architect but had to drop out of school to look after his brothers and sisters) and Sac especially are pretty articulate people.

Section, what do you like more: The Sopranos or The Wire?

Tough one mate, I honestly couldn't split them as I rate them for different reasons, although I'd actually put The Shield above both of them personally.

Sopranos was a cultural phenomenon though and is probably ranked alongside the likes of Elvis and Disney in the pantheon of iconic cultural American 'brands.

There's been nothing like it before or since, it redefined television because up until then it was seen as being 'beneath' the film industry, now it's actually seen as being above the film industry by many critics because of the slew of top class drama that got commissioned when tv execs realised there were people out there who wanted to watch good shows.

If anyone goes to NY soon they should do the Sopranos tour, it's sensational, I've had a drink in the real Badda Bing. Me and my mate also reenacted the scene where Christopher gets shot outside the diner, which included me lying down and my mate running off and pretending to shoot me with his finger, as tourists looked on baffled - we were 28 at the time.

Superb post that, Mark. I didn't watch it while it came out, so can't possibly comment about how it changed and redefined television. I've watched both of them for the first time in the last two years. Started re-watching The Sopranos recently and think it is better than The Wire. Just think there is more to some of the characters and you get a better insight into their lives.

I love rewatching episodes of The Sopranos and noticing stuff that I completely missed (or have forgotten about) the first time round.

Superb post that, Mark. I didn't watch it while it came out, so can't possibly comment about how it changed and redefined television. I've watched both of them for the first time in the last two years. Started re-watching The Sopranos recently and think it is better than The Wire. Just think there is more to some of the characters and you get a better insight into their lives.

I love rewatching episodes of The Sopranos and noticing stuff that I completely missed (or have forgotten about) the first time round.

My view tends to change to a degree depending on what I'm watching at the time. I'm watching the Wire at the moment so I'll probably put that at the top of the tree when I've finished, until I watch the Sopranos again!

Mikey Palmice was one of my favourites. The first season was written as a film, and when they commissioned a second Chase shit himself a bit and had to go back to the drawing board and introduce new characters, but I think if he'd known it was going to go on for a few years he'd have kept the likes of Palmice around.

[YOUTUBE]i9Wl-ojsxZQ[/YOUTUBE]

Still don't know how to stick up you tube clips.

But I was gripped right from the very start, the scene when T and Chrissy are trying to run down the schmuck that owns T money as he had that manic grin on his face had me crying with tears of laughter.

[YOUTUBE]8VliMfJwn_I[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...