You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

xmas lights/council estate

windass

They can look ok, went past a huge house in Cardiff yesterday, looked bloody brilliant, then got lost went through some hell hole of an estate and it looked positively shite.

I think allot comes down to the taste, the huge house stuck to a winter theme, no blow up santa and no plastic snow man, just blue and white lights and enlarged snow flakes, im not easily impressed when it comes to christmas lights, or christmas for that matter but this one had me slowing my car down to look pissing off the person behind me.

I know that hell hole estate. It's called Wales.

I caved in to kid pressure and put up some lights outside ours for the first time last night. Looks a little dodgy, and certainly lowers the tone of the neighbourhood, so I'm getting some more tonight.

Was this on the way to Cardigan? You probably passed very close to where I live then, if you went the way I imagine you did.

The roads around Tregaron are ace on the motorbike. Well, in the couple of weeks a year that they're actually dry that is.

a twatter in the car, an accident or something yesterday on the ?A487 or A470 or what ever, had me heading out to Pontrhydfendigaid to turn back in to Aber. Where to you live? i had you down for somewhere like Plwmp??

• 11 months later...

Bump

Why, i really do need to ask why? I came home last night to find 3 houses on the street have decorations up. It's November the 23rd and they all have a tree positioned in the window and lights near the guttering. Christmas is the 25th of December 5 weeks away. I can accept putting Christmas decorations up the 1st of December ( i do it around then myself taking them down the day after boxing day) I'm normally each to their own but this year the bastards are really making me feel incompetent having yet to do any Christmas present shopping for the kids.

I don't mind them, especially when they are proper chavvy. It gives me something to look down upon and be all snooty.

I was on site round Halloween, and I saw a full mock graveyard. Someone had erected about 20 headstones in their front garden and decorated the house up as abandoned. it was fucking immense, but also fucking well tacky. Damn it, I'm going round there next year to see if they do it again.

By the way, those lights on page one of this thread that I took a picture of last year or when ever it was, are getting a switch on next week. They haven't taken them down from last year.

I agree with Rk, who the fucks business is it but the occupiers what they put in there window, are people that fucking snooty (haha yeah you RJ) they're actually bothered by what somebody elses house looks like ?? kids like them, they don't cause any harm, I couldn't care if it was June Or December when they put them up if I'm honest.

I agree with Rk, who the fucks business is it but the occupiers what they put in there window, are people that fucking snooty (haha yeah you RJ) they're actually bothered by what somebody elses house looks like ?? kids like them, they don't cause any harm, I couldn't care if it was June Or December when they put them up if I'm honest.

Look at my post above though. How would you feel if you had loads of the cunts flashing into your Bedroom during the night?

If he complained to them, he'd probably end up in Hospital. Shootings are regular occurrence around his way.

Personally, I think it's funny when he suffers but I'd be fucking fuming if it was me.

Haha, I think it's boss. Particularly if it's really over the top. Nothing better than a good gawp, it brightens up my day. Also the kids love it and that's what crimbo is about. If it's on an important building I might get shitty, but only as it may result in more work; but that's virtually never the case anyway.

So I feel a little superior, but fuck it. I probably am.

Yes they do, and mine then feel its time to start giving me grief about ours. Three times I've been asked tonight "when can we put our decorations up". Not happening.

I don't mind them, especially when they are proper chavvy. It gives me something to look down upon and be all snooty.

I was on site round Halloween, and I saw a full mock graveyard. Someone had erected about 20 headstones in their front garden and decorated the house up as abandoned. it was fucking immense, but also fucking well tacky. Damn it, I'm going round there next year to see if they do it again.

By the way, those lights on page one of this thread that I took a picture of last year or when ever it was, are getting a switch on next week. They haven't taken them down from last year.

There's a house round the corner from mine where they do it up every Halloween, and charge people a quid to come in and look round, and give the money to charity. People queue up in their hundreds to get in. I couldn't be arsed waiting in the mile long queue but my lad went this year and said it was immense. It must be really scary because you see loads of people running out. Here's a picture from the local rag.

?type=display

Look at my post above though. How would you feel if you had loads of the cunts flashing into your Bedroom during the night?

If he complained to them, he'd probably end up in Hospital. Shootings are regular occurrence around his way.

Personally, I think it's funny when he suffers but I'd be fucking fuming if it was me.

Can't be that bad can it?