You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

Just won’t happen, aren’t all the police associations against it? Every copper I know is against it. Just not worth the risk, or the fact they’ll be hung out to dry after th inevitable mistakes.

BBC reporting that they've not been able to recruit the 1,000 extra firearms officers they were aiming for. I have to say, I like the reasons given: some applicants aren't good enough; some don't apply, because they didn't join the Police to be a gunslinger; some are deterred by the degree of scrutiny; etc.

Speed awareness course, £85, fine. 

Then insurance companies start asking if you've been on a speed awareness course. 

You legally don't have to tell an insurance company if you've been on a speed awareness course.  I've been told that by a copper and by a trainer at a speed awareness course.  

I drive a company vehicle that's fitted with a Telematic system that apparently reports back if we're speeding or braking and cornering too harshly, so I have had to adjust my driving somewhat (lots) to compensate for it.  I don't believe in speeding through town centres, villages or built up areas anyway.  Then I bought a bike last year, and it became a different ball game in terms of speed.  I still stick to 30 and 40 where I'm meant to, but once I'm out on the open road speed limits tend to be forgotten about.  It gives me a conflict though, I know I risk losing my job if I get caught at over a ton, but the adrenaline rush I get at nearly 150mph is addictive.  Hearing the howl of the exhaust pipe as I'm cranking the revs up and changing up the gears is pure exhilaration.

It's sure to end in tears, one way or the other.  But fuck it, you only live once.

I manage the reporting for our company's telematics system.  Some of the stuff you see is horrendous.  It shows the acceleration and slamming on the brakes.  You'd think people would be taking it easy driving to jobs because we're not harsh on timekeeping, we'd prefer them to take it easy because our insurance costs go through the roof whenever our vans are involved in accidents.

We bring them in when the reports tell us they're taking the piss.  We get a map of their journey and their speeds on different roads.  The vehicles have speed limiters at 70mph so motorway driving isn't the issue.  It's the high acceleration in built up areas that gets on my tits.

BBC reporting that they've not been able to recruit the 1,000 extra firearms officers they were aiming for. I have to say, I like the reasons given: some applicants aren't good enough; some don't apply, because they didn't join the Police to be a gunslinger; some are deterred by the degree of scrutiny; etc.

Pathetic Worms.

• Upvote 1

Police are like the rest of us some decent some clowns. They merely uphold the law not make them. Given the sheer volume of terrorists allowed to roam in this country the nature of terror threat since mass immigration across Europe became the norm arming them sadly seems to be necessary, having said that body cameras are a must for the sake of evidence given how inherently dishonest we as a society has become

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

Police are like the rest of us some decent some clowns. They merely uphold the law not make them. Given the sheer volume of terrorists allowed to roam in this country the nature of terror threat since mass immigration across Europe became the norm arming them sadly seems to be necessary, having said that body cameras are a must for the sake of evidence given how inherently dishonest we as a society has become

Not sure whether the content or the grammar is worse

Are you the poster formerly known as 'The Chap?' Most definitely a previous poster.

I agree a little regarding the terrorists though. There are at least 600 potential terrorists who meet almost every day in a big old building in London yet nobody bats an eyelid while they make plans to drop bombs and invade countries. Country's gone mad.

Are you the poster formerly known as 'The Chap?' Most definitely a previous poster.

I agree a little regarding the terrorists though. There are at least 600 potential terrorists who meet almost every day in a big old building in London yet nobody bats an eyelid while they make plans to drop bombs and invade countries. Country's gone mad.

There are 3.5k people being watched by the security services. That includes right wing, left wing and religious nut jobs.

• Upvote 1

What does that mean? It’s just bollocks. If we replaced all 650 MPs do you think the world would be a safer place? Why? Who do we replace them with?

I'm saying that we'd have a lot fewer terrorists. What defines a terrorist in the first place?

And who pissed on your cornflakes this morning?

I'm saying that we'd have a lot fewer terrorists. What defines a terrorist in the first place?

And who pissed on your cornflakes this morning?

You’re right, I’m a bit grumpy. Maybe it’s because about a year ago a real terrorist blew up some kids just down the road from me.

Yeah, those Polish terrorists really give me the creeps...

You started of ok here and then fell into the usual xenophobic and racist nonsense halfway through. You could have stopped at the first sentence but decided to embellish it with the usual xenophobic and racist nonsense. Must do better.

Yeah, those Polish terrorists really give me the creeps...

You started of ok here and then fell into the usual xenophobic and racist nonsense halfway through. You could have stopped at the first sentence but decided to embellish it with the usual xenophobic and racist nonsense. Must do better.

I guess I am only one of the many surveyed along with Europe who rates them as issues oh and the security forces

Anyway as for referring to a specfic group that was you piss off adding your own thoughts to mine

I guess I am only one of the many surveyed along with Europe who rates them as issues oh and the security forces

Anyway as for referring to a specfic group that was you piss off adding your own thoughts to mine

Europeans are scared of Polish terrorists too?

Europeans are scared of Polish terrorists too?

Twice you have mentioned poles i have not, I said the other EU states rated immigration and terrorism as the top two issues affecting their country according to a you gov poll