You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

Love the way you don't hear from Charles for years until someone bumps a police thread. 

136489.7a13025a-d398-4496-bfd8-4604b3519

"So this wee man doesn't post about football, beer, Star Wars or tits but the minute some poor bugger takes a nosedive down a flight of stairs all of a sudden it's blues and twos and TJ hooker turns up on the thread with his pants down and his willy dangling out son? I can smell something here folks and I'm fresh out of clothes pegs". 

• Upvote 4

Do you live in the real world?

Yes,I do. While the comment is partly sarcastic there is no doubt minorities are targeted more by the Police. Now its Muslim types(brown skinned middle eastern) previously it was(and still is in some places) afro caribbean types and throw in the report from a few years back that found the Metropolitan Police to be 'Institutionally racist' then yes I am very much living in the real world. Are you?

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Motorists 'could be handed speeding convictions even if they are only 1MPH over the limit'

Motorists could be convicted of speeding if they are 1mph over the limit under a proposal from Britain’s road policing chief, it's been reported.

Anthony Bangham is said to have called for an end to the 10% plus two miles buffer over the stated limit that most police forces allow.

Chief Con Bangham, the National Police Chiefs’ lead on road policy, said traffic officers should stop being “apologetic” for handing out speeding tickets and those should stop “whingeing if they get pulled over”.

Current practice means motorists in a 30mph zone can get away with driving 35mph, or 68mph in a 60mph zone.

Speaking at the Police Federation Roads Policing Conference yesterday, West Mercia’s Chief Con Bangham told delegates: “Let’s change the message.

"I do not want the public to be surprised, I want them to be embarrassed when they get caught.

“They need to understand the law is set at the limit for a reason.

“If booked at 35 or 34 or 33 [in a 30mph zone] that cannot be unfair because they are breaking the law.”

Chief Con Bangham also said speed awareness courses have become the “expected norm”, and there should more penalty points, fines and prosecutions to instil fear in drivers.

But one MP claimed that a proposed zero-tolerance policy would make “criminals of good drivers”.

So what is this cunts agenda then? More money from catching speeding drivers? 

I was always under the impression that the tolerances in place served to stop the courts throwing out speeding cases based on individual car speedometers. It's very easy to sneak up to 31 and not realise it, a little bit of common sense was always in place generally and if you're caught speeding today then very few people have any sympathy.

Maybe the police are shocked at how easily the public have submitted to being fined without questioning it that they now feel phase two is just blatantly fucking drivers, without a condom?

Maybe the next step is to take away the criminal element of speeding and enforce mandatory speed limiters in to cars, based on GPS data stored in the car and from satellite. If your car literally cannot travel at more than the legal limit then the police might be able to utilise the time and resources they spend on catching them, towards catching criminals? Oh but they can't milk criminals for cash can they? 

The standard of driving on our roads is appalling, there are a lot more problems than speeding. Nobody seems to want to fix any of the problems, just milk drivers for more money. 

You phone the police and tell then you've been burgled, not interested. Some kids are speeding on motorbikes outside, not interested. But an otherwise upstanding member of society going to work at 31 MPH, criminal bastard!

Police are not all cunts, it's just getting harder to spot the ones that aren't. 

Coming soon to Kwik Fit, speedometer calibrations. That would be no defence, it's your responsibility to ensure your car is fit for the road.

It would be a legal mine field. Calibrated or not. Challenges would be in the 1000’s. How often would the speedo need checking? Once a year, once a month, weekly?

Plus without cruise control it is virtually impossible with a dial, not digital, speedo to maintain a accuracy of within 1mph.

It would be a legal mine field. Calibrated or not. Challenges would be in the 1000’s. How often would the speedo need checking? Once a year, once a month, weekly?

Plus without cruise control it is virtually impossible with a dial, not digital, speedo to maintain a accuracy of within 1mph.

Exactly why it is enforced the way it is now, as I said earlier. 

Unless of course implementing a GPS based speed limiter, which IMO is still a few years off. My car is capable of this already, most new cars would be with a little tweaking but not everyone drives a modern car. While having the limit of my cars speed limited automatically would be a pain, it would be nice to see those twats in their BMWs having to drive like the rest of us. 

In America New York cops are moaning because the number of ‘get out of jail free’ cards they are able to hand out to friends and family is being cut (I think to about 20 a year). Now that’s mental.

On the speeding thing I bet the rank and file officers who’d have to enforce that are equally annoyed.