You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

• 2 weeks later...

Why the fuck did they send twats to infiltrate an environmental group in the first place? 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/activist-deceived-relationship-undercover-officer-110406202.html

The Metropolitan Police and the National Police Chiefs Council have been ordered to pay compensation to Kate Wilson. 

On 12/12/2021 at 20:37, Rico1304 said:

Minneapolis defunded their police. Crime went up.  They have now restored the budget.  

Minneapolis did not defund their police.

There are lots of complex reasons for the rise in violent crime.

Here's more than 13 words, which provide a more intelligent version of what's been happening in Minneapolis.

https://theconversation.com/amp/why-voters-rejected-plans-to-replace-the-minneapolis-police-department-and-whats-next-for-policing-reform-171183 

My cousin is a copper. He once chased someone with a 7 inch knife and a fake handgun across playing fields after a robbery. Caught him and got a commendation. He also got the queen's police medal for bravery after getting shot. 

Proper sound bloke as are most of the coppers I know. But you'll always get a few twats

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

My cousin is a copper. He once chased someone with a 7 inch knife and a fake handgun across playing fields after a robbery. Caught him and got a commendation. He also got the queen's police medal for bravery after getting shot. 

Proper sound bloke as are most of the coppers I know. But you'll always get a few twats

He got shot by a fake handgun? 

Jokkng aside, you are right. I have worked with the police over the years in different roles, and I’ve met a good number of wankers in the force. However I have met more ‘Bobbies’ who are great, and committed to being a  true public servant in the right way, through work and also with my arl fella being in the police for 30 Years. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I have a recently retired brother in law who is a sound fella.

He had people deliberately trying to run him down, had people coming at him with machetes, knives, guns aimed at him, you name it as well as having to tell people their loved ones had died, including children.

I also have two nephews who joined after leaving the Royal Marines, both good men who I've known since they were born.

I've had good experiences with the police and bad, with one in particular springing to mind which happened in the mid 80's, (long story), but on the whole, as I've said before somewhere on this thread, they do an important job and we'd be fucked without them.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

He got shot by a fake handgun? 

Jokkng aside, you are right. I have worked with the police over the years in different roles, and I’ve met a good number of wankers in the force. However I have met more ‘Bobbies’ who are great, and committed to being a  true public servant in the right way, through work and also with my arl fella being in the police for 30 Years. 

The shooting was a couple of years later,  he was main headline on TV news at time. Our surname isn't common and my dad found out when a reporter turned up at the door to ask had his son been shot. Good old British press

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Denver’s Program to Dispatch Mental Health Teams Instead of Police is So Successful it is Expanding 5-Fold

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/denver-star-program-expands-in-2022/

After dispatching mental health teams, instead of police officers, to certain 911 emergency calls, the city of Denver is proclaiming their pilot program a huge success—and expanding it significantly.

Since June 2020, the Support Team Assisted Response (STAR) has deployed medical and behavioral health clinicians to respond to over 2,200 low risk calls reporting trespassing, intoxication, or mental health crises involving poverty, homelessness or addiction.

In all that time, STAR teams have never called for police back-up due to a safety issue, according to their January report.

In January, the City Council unanimously allocated a $1.4 million contract for the STAR program’s expansion, paying for five additional white vans and hiring 7 clinicians, 4 paramedics, and two emergency medical technicians.

The Denver Post reports that STAR teams have driven hundreds of miles, assisted suicidal people and schizophrenics; they’ve also handed out water and socks and connected people to shelter, food and resources.

STAR’s advisory team, consisting of 15 volunteer citizens, hope that with six vans, they can respond to more than 10,000 calls a year. Funding for the expansion was bolstered by a $1.4 million grant from the Caring For Denver Foundation.

“This innovative approach—meeting people where they are, with the right services, at the right time—is a game-changer for Denver,” said Bob McDonald, DDPHE Executive Director and Public Health Administrator for the City of Denver.”

Importantly, it is also saving money for the city. If the STAR vans can help someone in crisis, that frees up police to handle a robbery or domestic violence call.

“STAR is minimizing unnecessary arrests and unnecessary costs—whether that be jail costs or emergency room costs,” Councilwoman Robin Kniech said.

Denver residents can specifically request STAR assistance by calling 720-913-STAR (7827) or by calling the non-emergency number 720-913-2000.

“When STAR pulls up, people in crisis can be assured that two non-judgmental, client-centered, supportive people who are willing to listen are getting out of that van to help,” said Chris Richardson, LCSW, the Mental Health Center of Denver’s Associate Director of Criminal Justice.

Expanding to other cities

Other cities in Colorado, including Pueblo, Colorado Springs, and Fort Collins, have called Denver with intentions to start similar emergency services to dispatch unarmed health professionals.

Nearby Aurora was among the first to replicate the model, launching their Aurora Mobile Response Team in September.

Data collected from 759 of the residents served so far shows that nearly three-quarters had been medically diagnosed with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety, or major depression.

“It’s the future of law enforcement,” Denver police Chief Paul Pazen said in a 2020 interview with the Denver Post. “We want to meet people where they are and address those needs and address those needs outside of the criminal justice system.”

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/07/2022 at 11:11, Kepler-186 said:

A review of recent BBC programme Sherwood from a woman who was in a relationship with a “spy cop”. 

Just imagined Tim Sherwood playing a maverick undercover detective. Tell me that wouldn’t be the best thing on telly this year. 

6BBA0D77-7F94-464C-A685-5CC2E21FFD34.jpeg

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...