You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

7 hours ago, rb14 said:

No I didn't. I mentioned nothing of the sort. And I'm asking what the massive issue is. What is the massive issue? And what qualifies it as "massive"? I'm asking for clarity. A number of people on here have told me fairly emphatically that nobody on here is saying it's "men". 

This is a thread on "Police are cunts." I really don't want to pursue the issue of homicide and/or male violence on this thread. To suggest Couzens is somehow representative of police is disgraceful. To suggest he's representative of men is disgraceful. What happened to this wholly blameless woman is utterly appalling, disgraceful and reprehensible. I hope he rots. 

I'm afraid there are lots of things wrong with the police, who have to try to balance a very tricky, perhaps impossible task of public servitude and upholding law and order. Mostly, they get it right, often they get it very wrong. 

Again, i don’t see anyone saying he’s representative of men, and I’ve not seen people say he’s representative of police officers either.

the fact a police officer has abused his power to do this has caused concern and a break of trust of other police officers, but that’s not the same thing.

the main concerns as I’ve seen them are not that now all male police officers must be like him, but rather - if another one is how would you know or protect yourself? And more prominently - if this man was known to have been of questionable character, had done other inappropriate stuff like exposure, was sharing dodgy stuff in a WhatsApp group with other make officers, and the police do nothing about it, like they’ve done nothing about loads of other stuff they’ve had flagged to them because they prefer to sweep this kind of thing under the carpet and are a demonstrably institutionally racist and misogynistic organisation, how do they stop another bad apple from causing harm to another woman.

thats not saying all make police officers are just waiting for their opportunity to rape and murder women, it’s two fair questions though.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rb14 said:

No I didn't. I mentioned nothing of the sort. And I'm asking what the massive issue is. What is the massive issue? And what qualifies it as "massive"? I'm asking for clarity. A number of people on here have told me fairly emphatically that nobody on here is saying it's "men". 

This is a thread on "Police are cunts." I really don't want to pursue the issue of homicide and/or male violence on this thread. To suggest Couzens is somehow representative of police is disgraceful. To suggest he's representative of men is disgraceful. What happened to this wholly blameless woman is utterly appalling, disgraceful and reprehensible. I hope he rots. 

I'm afraid there are lots of things wrong with the police, who have to try to balance a very tricky, perhaps impossible task of public servitude and upholding law and order. Mostly, they get it right, often they get it very wrong. 

The massive issue is violence against women and factors such as the low number of rapes which get to court.

Again,I would have thought that was self explanatory.?

No one has said he is representative of all police however the low number of police officers punished for crimes against women,their cack handed approach to the vigil,and their car crash advice last week,suggests the issue may be more complex than 1 bad apple.

• Upvote 1

So sat night the woman from across the street comes banging on our door saying her love in boyfriend has hit/attacked her . I decided to call the police and reported it. 

While waiting she says he hit her on the head and dragged her down the stairs. 

One young copper comes  and takes a statement from her before his cunt of a sidekick turns up , cocky as fuck telling her " If you really want to make an official complaint then he'll be arrested , and if he says you assaulted him , you'll also be arrested " 

She reluctantly says she wishes to proceed. Coppers go over to "her' house to get a statement from him , then come back and arrest her saying she used a knife during this altercation, thereby deciding on the spot that he was completely innocent and blameless. 

Next morning my wife and two friends go around to see her she's bruised and crying , he's pissed and refusing to leave the house threatening pressing charges if she kicks him out. 

Nice work plod.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, rb14 said:

I was about to go and agree with you, to an extent, then thought bollocks to it. 

Actually, it isn't all men but it's too many men, it's too many coppers, any number is too many. What part of that is too hard to grasp? This is really only scratching the tip of the iceberg, do you really think all things come to surface? What about those coppers taking selfies with the sisters found dead last year? They didn't commit the crime, another man did, but they took pictures and shared it around with their peers. Their peers, 6 others were brought in for questioning i believe - could be more. We're still talking about a handful in a huge force, but if this is what makes it to the public domain, it makes you wonder what doesn't.  I've mentioned men a few times. I'm more than open to some female copper horror stories? Genuinely, is it relative in number to that of male acts? 

It is an issue. Violence in general is an issue, but fuck me, male on female violence is a massive issue and it's not just about the violence, it's about the dogshit attitude that women are to laydown and take it because of a sense of male entitlement. 

So for you who is wanting figures, how many women have to die at the hands of men for it to be considered a massive issue? How many women have to be beaten to a pulp to be considered a massive issue? How many have to be sexually assaulted for it to be a massive issue? I'm going with 1 is a massive issue, especially when it is done by someone she should have been safe with, someone with a position of power and responsibility. I'm saying that to anyone woman being raped - it is a massive issue. I'm saying her years of nightmares are a massive issue, i'm saying the whole fucking shit storm of male entitlement is a massive issue, and to make it relative to the thread I'm saying police entitlement and their almost untouchable status is a massive issue. Perfect example is how is Dick still in a job? 

I know a fair few decent coppers, probably because i live in a rural area and know their mam, their sister, brother, kids in the same school as mine etc so i know its not representative of all coppers. I wouldn't dream to think all coppers are like this though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This is what you said... 

On 30/09/2021 at 09:46, Arniepie said:

There was a woman on r4 last night saying a woman is murdered every 3 days in this country.

There is clearly a massive issue there.

And this is what you meant... 

6 hours ago, Arniepie said:

The massive issue is violence against women and factors such as the low number of rapes which get to court.

Again,I would have thought that was self explanatory.?

Forgive me, but I think the second quote at last gets to the point you didn't make originally. It wasn't, therefore, self-explanatory. I don't think I need a lecture from you or anybody else about violent men, or one or more bad apple coppers.

@melons Why you think you need to tell me what you wrote in your last post? I don't believe I've asked for figures, despite you saying I have. I don't believe I've defended violent men, or indeed coppers. And I whilst I'd love to live in a world of cotton wool and bunny rabbits, if our starting point is "male entitlement", we're not going to get very far at all. It doesn't begin to help. There are some men who murder. There are some that rape. Some are violent. The vast, overwhelming majority do none of these things. Forgive my unsophisticated parallel here, but it's rather like saying Liverpool supporters destroy away team coaches. 

56 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

In other news, Lucy Letbie appeared in Liverpoool court today accused of 8 murders and 5 attempted murders. Half the GF still would though. 

image.jpeg

Psychopathy in women is equal to men, only women seem to get away with it much more frequently because society is geared up to see them as the victims of crimes, not the perpetrators. The only reason this woman got caught, tragically, is because she killed too many babies, too quickly, and thus her actions aroused suspicion. 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Boss wears a Spider-Man  costume and climbs phone masts. 

I wear a Schott Perfecto leather jacket and climb your misses, ass-hole!

But on a serious note, there is gender disparity in criminal convictions between men and women.

This study finds dramatic unexplained gender gaps in federal criminal cases. Conditional on arrest offense, criminal history, and other pre-charge observables, men receive 63% longer sentences on average than women do. Women are also significantly likelier to avoid charges and convictions, and twice as likely to avoid incarceration if convicted. There are large unexplained gaps across the sentence distribution, and across a wide variety of specifications, subsamples, and estimation strategies. The data cannot disentangle all possible causes of these gaps, but they do suggest that certain factors (such as childcare and offense roles) are partial but not complete explanations, even combined.

22 minutes ago, Boss said:

But on a serious note, there is gender disparity in criminal convictions between men and women.

I think it is fair to assume that, looking the reaction to the case so far, this case wont get a lot of public outrage even though she may have killed 8 children and may have tried to kill another 5. There probably won't be a public vigil, politicians demanding changes, rushed policies etc. There's a whole PHD to be written on why some murders cause a greater public reaction than others. In this case, I suspect the evidence is going to be mainly circumstantial and statistical so it won't be a binary case by any means and harder to get outraged by probabilities. She may well walk free. 

43 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think it is fair to assume that, looking the reaction to the case so far, this case wont get a lot of public outrage even though she may have killed 8 children and may have tried to kill another 5. There probably won't be a public vigil, politicians demanding changes, rushed policies etc. There's a whole PHD to be written on why some murders cause a greater public reaction than others. In this case, I suspect the evidence is going to be mainly circumstantial and statistical so it won't be a binary case by any means and harder to get outraged by probabilities. She may well walk free. 

Yeah, very true. As you say, It's an even more abhorrent case that has seemingly gone under the radar. Both crimes are a tremendous abuse of power against victims that are powerless to stop it.

I guess the police officer case creates more buzz because it plays on societal fears of a killer loose on the streets. But it subverts the standard trope with the idea that the killer in question is the same person tasked with protecting you. Both cases are the same in that respect, but one has a male committing the crimes, which allows people - with their own agendas - to piggyback off this tragedy to espouse their views on the patriarchy and what needs to change.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

So you've completely made it up. Cheers. 

You shouldn't celebrate your ignorance so grandly.

Loving how you didn't challenge Boss when he made his (false) claim, but as soon as I correct him, here comes Channel 9 Factcheck.

Your New Year's resolution for 2022 should be to learn how to use Google.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

You shouldn't celebrate your ignorance so grandly.

Loving how you didn't challenge Boss when he made his (false) claim, but as soon as I correct him, here comes Channel 9 Factcheck.

Your New Year's resolution for 2022 should be to learn how to use Google.

I don't disagree that it would appear there are more male psychcopaths than women however stating a stat as fact when you can't possibly know is ridiculous. Chances are it's a much higher ratio. 

3 hours ago, rb14 said:

This is what you said... 

And this is what you meant... 

Forgive me, but I think the second quote at last gets to the point you didn't make originally. It wasn't, therefore, self-explanatory. I don't think I need a lecture from you or anybody else about violent men, or one or more bad apple coppers.

@melons Why you think you need to tell me what you wrote in your last post? I don't believe I've asked for figures, despite you saying I have. I don't believe I've defended violent men, or indeed coppers. And I whilst I'd love to live in a world of cotton wool and bunny rabbits, if our starting point is "male entitlement", we're not going to get very far at all. It doesn't begin to help. There are some men who murder. There are some that rape. Some are violent. The vast, overwhelming majority do none of these things. Forgive my unsophisticated parallel here, but it's rather like saying Liverpool supporters destroy away team coaches. 

I really can't be arsed. It's not rocket science as i've said before. There is an expectation, we're conditioned to it, maybe you didn't get those lessons in school, but i certainly did along with all my female class mates. That behaviour modification continues through to adulthood. Maybe you didn't get it because your male. But i can promise you every woman you know has been at the receiving end of some kind of inappropriate/unwanted male behaviour that she hasn't been able to challenge.  

2 hours ago, Boss said:

Look at what those convictions are likely to be from, my data is well out of date, but from memory the majority of women were convicted for acts such as theft, benefit fraud, low level (if there is such a thing) petty crime.  Then look at the mitigating reasons as to why women get lesser sentences. Yes they might be playing the system, i'm not saying they're not - but there is usually a lot of factors behind it. The same way there are many factors why some men are cretins. 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Where have you plucked that from? 

It's 1% of the population for male - 0.3-0.7% for female. 

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

In other news, Lucy Letbie appeared in Liverpoool court today accused of 8 murders and 5 attempted murders. Half the GF still would though. 

image.jpeg

I'm sure there was an agenda with this, but i may have missed it. 

Just now, melons said:

I really can't be arsed. It's not rocket science as i've said before. There is an expectation, we're conditioned to it, maybe you didn't get those lessons in school, but i certainly did along with all my female class mates. That behaviour modification continues through to adulthood. Maybe you didn't get it because your male. But i can promise you every woman you know has had some kind of inappropriate/unwanted male behaviour.  

Look at what those convictions are likely to be from, my data is well out of date, but from memory the majority of women were convicted for acts such as theft, benefit fraud, low level (if there is such a thing) petty crime.  Then look at the mitigating reasons as to why women get lesser sentences. Yes they might be playing the system, i'm not saying they're not - but there is usually a lot of factors behind it. The same way there are many factors why some men are cretins. 

It's 1% of the population for male - 0.3-0.7% for female. 

I'm sure there was an agenda with this, but i may have missed it. 

No agenda, violence against women is obviously much higher and unacceptable but when we encounter what the CPS think is a female mass murderer of children, the public outrage seems surprisingly muted. My point was that public outage to murders is inconsistent and unpredictable. Without googling, I couldn’t name one of those kids. 

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Loads under the 'Moral Panic ' umbrella.