You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

On 10/09/2021 at 14:40, Elite said:

Nice little speeding fine through the post today. My own fault but an expensive kick in the balls.

Be sure to see the photo to make sure it was definitely you driving. If you can’t tell from the photo, can you really be entirely sure it was you, and not your other half who drives the car fairly regularly?

they’ll want to be able to prove it was you, and not dish out justice to a potentially innocent party. 

just be sure you can tell.

9 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Be sure to see the photo to make sure it was definitely you driving. If you can’t tell from the photo, can you really be entirely sure it was you, and not your other half who drives the car fairly regularly?

they’ll want to be able to prove it was you, and not dish out justice to a potentially innocent party. 

just be sure you can tell.

Can you ask for the photo? Neither of us have had any points but I always say to my missus that she’ll be driving longer than I will and I’d take the points if she ever got any. 

• 2 weeks later...

The family impact statements in the Sarah Everard murder are unbelievably powerful and absolutely heartbreaking. Massive respect to anyone who can hold themselves together enough to deliver such an articulate, unflinching and vivid public summary of travelling through hell as they all have. What a fucking unspeakable tragedy. If he doesn’t get a whole life tariff there will surely be public unrest at the very least. The above, his premeditation, the abuse of his position and deception, the sheer horror of the details, not to mention the implications regarding future trust in policing and ensuring a deterrent. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

The family impact statements in the Sarah Everard murder are unbelievably powerful and absolutely heartbreaking. Massive respect to anyone who can hold themselves together enough to deliver such an articulate, unflinching and vivid public summary of travelling through hell as they all have. What a fucking unspeakable tragedy. If he doesn’t get a whole life tariff there will surely be public unrest at the very least. The above, his premeditation, the abuse of his position and deception, the sheer horror of the details, not to mention the implications regarding future trust in policing and ensuring a deterrent. 

I'm normally quite liberal on crime and punishment but its hard not to want that horrible cunt to suffer every day for the rest of his life.

Heart truly goes out to the family.

There was a woman on r4 last night saying a woman is murdered every 3 days in this country.

There is clearly a massive issue there.

As for him someone actually independent needs to look at why he was allowed to carry on working with the police.

I remember there was a case last year where a police officer strangled a woman to death and got manslaughter.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Must admit I teared up reading those statements.  

Apparently the whole life tariff isn’t a slam dunk 

Interesting point by one of the women involved in the Everard vigil police tried to ban at Clapham Common. It seems Couzens used covid laws as a ruse to falsely arrest and apprehend Sarah Everard. The vigil was four days after Couzens arrest, if police knew then about the tactics Couzens used its despicable of Cressida Dick and the Met to then use Covid as an excuse to halt a vigil in her honour when a few weeks later they conveniently turned a blind eye to Chelsea fans celebrating their Champions league victory at Stamford Bridge and ignoned large crowds outside Buckingham Palace after the death of Phil the Greek.

55 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Must admit I teared up reading those statements.  

Apparently the whole life tariff isn’t a slam dunk 

It will be a grave mistake if they don’t give him whole life, in my admittedly entirely unqualified laymen’s view. We all know there have been previous cases with members of the police committing crimes, being involved in domestic abuse, corruption, systemic racism, you name it. But the symbolism of a serving copper fraudulently arresting, putting cuffs on and kidnapping a lone female walking home before doing this to her…it’s unprecedented stuff.

When reading his initial court appearance reports, where the press are so tightly bound by contempt of court rules as to what they are allowed to reveal, I just had the impression from a couple of very spare details they gave - the fact he had been issued a warrant badge was mentioned without there being any obvious relevance to it, likewise that witnesses had seen two people standing next to a car with the lights on and both front doors open - this is how he’d got her in his vehicle. I remember saying to the lass I was seeing back when this first happened that if that came out to be the case, even among all the infamous heinous murders you get every few years or so, this will be like the Bulger case in feeling like it’s broken new ground for previously unimaginable savagery. One which will always be remembered for being shocking. 

For what it represents and the implications for women being stopped late at night by coppers in the future, surely they can’t allow this to pass without the strongest possible sentence available to them. Premeditation, abuse of authority/office, even taking his kids to play at the spot he burnt her body 2 days later.  Just seems to tick every box, and while I know it’s not the court of public opinion, it will be a huge misreading of the mood music in my opinion if they don’t give him a whole life tariff.

The families’ impact statements got me going too, on several levels. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Interesting point by one of the women involved in the Everard vigil police tried to ban at Clapham Common. It seems Couzens used covid laws as a ruse to falsely arrest and apprehend Sarah Everard. The vigil was four days after Couzens arrest, if police knew then about the tactics Couzens used its despicable of Cressida Dick and the Met to then use Covid as an excuse to halt a vigil in her honour when a few weeks later they conveniently turned a blind eye to Chelsea fans celebrating their Champions league victory at Stamford Bridge and ignoned large crowds outside Buckingham Palace after the death of Phil the Greek.

Fair question to ask. Do they know when he admitted those details though?

I read yesterday he admitted to a psychiatrist he had strangled her with his police belt, by the sounds of it some way into the process of questioning/being charged etc. So he’d not confessed that directly to the police. Perhaps he was drip-feeding information over weeks or months, given he started out trying to deflect and minimise the scale of his crimes with made up stories about Eastern European gangs etc.

Perhaps they will reveal more about the timeline of his confessions, such as they are, once whatever sentence he gets is announced later. You can only imagine certain details, and particularly reactions from many quarters including the police themselves, are being held back until sentencing has been passed, so he can’t be said to have been denied due process and a fair trial.

6 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Fair question to ask. Do they know when he admitted those details though?

I read yesterday he admitted to a psychiatrist he had strangled her with his police belt, by the sounds of it some way into the process of questioning/being charged etc.

Perhaps he was drip-feeding information over weeks or months, given he started out trying to deflect and minimise the scale of his crimes with made up stories about Eastern European gangs etc.

Perhaps they will reveal more about the timeline of his confessions, such as they are, once whatever sentence he gets is announced later.

You can only imagine certain details, and particularly reactions from many quarters including the police themselves, are being held back until sentencing has been passed, so he can’t he said to have been denied legal process and a fair trial.

Not sure on the details although I remember thinking the Met trying to ban the vigil as a bit odd, especially as the organisers had meetings ensuring they were going to put covid restrictions, barriers, signs etc in place. It seemed as though the police were more concerned with not being shown in a bad light because of the vigil.

Cant even read those family statements. 

Cant even imagine what they are going through and what they have to live with thanks to that evil cunt.

His solicitor is saying there is no defence for what he has done but has said he has had depression.

He is also saying he is remorseful yet he planned it and went back later to burn the body.

Hardly full of remorse then was he?

What makes someone go out and commit such a horrible unforgivable crime?

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Not sure on the details although I remember thinking the Met trying to ban the vigil as a bit odd, especially as the organisers had meetings ensuring they were going to put covid restrictions, barriers, signs etc in place. It seemed as though the police were more concerned with not being shown in a bad light because of the vigil.

I thought it reflected poorly on them too.

In terms of lacking humanity, as you say being selective given other such public gatherings. But also just the optics and not seeming to realise how bad a look it was for everyone to see women protesting against both this case in isolation and also in a straw-that-broke-the-camel’s-back sense - I know this wasn’t a ‘straw’, not meaning to be crass with that remark, just in terms of it being representative of a wider social issue - being manhandled by coppers, given the obvious characteristics of this incident.

Just seemed a reaction devoid of both heart and brain. In my humble, obviously.