You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I worked in Liverpool in the 1990s auditing the Council. Not great money but interesting work (relative to auditing elsewhere). One of my equally badly paid colleagues was married to a junior detective in the drugs squad who’d retired at 45 and they lived in a big fuck off house on the Wirral. Never occurred to me to ask how could they afford it but with hindsight I’ve got my suspicions. 

He thinks you took backhanders from your work in the city and avoided paying any tax. 

21 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes, the money is rubbish. Shift work fucks you up and takes years off your life (there’s a thread on it here somewhere), working with the dregs of society is shit, they aren’t trained to deal with lots of the mental health jobs they have to deal with. Etc etc. 

They are though, they're just as trained as many other sectors, many officers just choose not to put that training into practice. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Not all police are cunts. Some are, without a doubt and they get far more attention than the majority who aren't. Training needs improving, particularly in diffusion not the physical side. 

I think it's also a culture where covering each other's back is more important than rooting out the cunts. That makes for fertile ground for shitty behaviour.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, melons said:

They are though, they're just as trained as many other sectors, many officers just choose not to put that training into practice. 

That’s not true from what my other half tells me. Especially as - at least in her area - the crisis and mental health teams are severely under resourced and (as a result) practically absent.

many faults with the police, one of which is their lack of training in many areas.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

That’s not true from what my other half tells me. Especially as - at least in her area - the crisis and mental health teams are severely under resourced and (as a result) practically absent.

many faults with the police, one of which is their lack of training in many areas.

Mental health funding has been absolutely obliterated.

Mentioned it in another thread.

The police have to pick this up which isnt really their job.

I think a lot of people with mental health issues end up in cells as their is no space for them anywhere else.

Thank you mr cameron.

52 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Mental health funding has been absolutely obliterated.

Mentioned it in another thread.

The police have to pick this up which isnt really their job.

I think a lot of people with mental health issues end up in cells as their is no space for them anywhere else.

Thank you mr cameron.

It started a long time before Cameron. This all goes back to the Thatcher administration,yet again. Day centres,mental health units,a lot were the first things sacrificed to pay for tax cunts for the rich while the country was on its knees except for the City of London.

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It started a long time before Cameron. This all goes back to the Thatcher administration,yet again. Day centres,mental health units,a lot were the first things sacrificed to pay for tax cunts for the rich while the country was on its knees except for the City of London.

*tax cuts* But probably not far off.

• Upvote 1

On 07/10/2021 at 20:04, Rico1304 said:

Ok, so is the training they receive adequate?  

I work in the third sector, i deal with MH crisis on a regular basis, their training options are actually a whole level above mine. I sit on LITs regularly and hear of what opportunities are out there in terms of training support. 

On 07/10/2021 at 20:34, Bob Spunkmouse said:

All MH services are underfunded. My LHB has literally cushioned every area to have an ICAN centre which if it's close to an acute facility has just become a dumping ground for those that don't meet admissions to inpatient treatment. 

The training ops are there, it's that they're not mandatory and they're often expected to complete things in their own time. I've just taken on a level 4 to brush up on some of my skills, it's below my degree level and not directly beneficial to my role because i've already got a level 6 in an area more suited to those i engage with more at board level - as a result i won't get the paid time to do this, but it will absolutely benefit everyone i engage with on the days i'm working front line.   

I doubt many officers even hold a MH first aid, which is pretty much funded in all areas.  

2 hours ago, melons said:

I work in the third sector, i deal with MH crisis on a regular basis, their training options are actually a whole level above mine. I sit on LITs regularly and hear of what opportunities are out there in terms of training support. 

All MH services are underfunded. My LHB has literally cushioned every area to have an ICAN centre which if it's close to an acute facility has just become a dumping ground for those that don't meet admissions to inpatient treatment. 

The training ops are there, it's that they're not mandatory and they're often expected to complete things in their own time. I've just taken on a level 4 to brush up on some of my skills, it's below my degree level and not directly beneficial to my role because i've already got a level 6 in an area more suited to those i engage with more at board level - as a result i won't get the paid time to do this, but it will absolutely benefit everyone i engage with on the days i'm working front line.   

I doubt many officers even hold a MH first aid, which is pretty much funded in all areas.  

You didn’t answer the question.