You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Police getting slaughtered over this but I don’t see why if I’m honest, the freak show who killed this poor girl is clearly a grotesque one-off, has anything like this ever even happened before? Why would confidence in them be undermined over this? was confidence in the NHS undermined because of the likes of Shipman and Allitt? Of course not.

Couzens and also Willard pushing old ladies down his garden manhole. They’re all at it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Police getting slaughtered over this but I don’t see why if I’m honest, the freak show who killed this poor girl is clearly a grotesque one-off, has anything like this ever even happened before? Why would confidence in them be undermined over this? was confidence in the NHS undermined because of the likes of Shipman and Allitt? Of course not.

There were quite a few allegations against him that on the face of it don’t seem to have been investigated properly.  He was able to avoid scrutiny because he was a copper. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

The confidence is undermined because if you're a lone woman at night and you're approached by what appear to be a copper or coppers, do you go along with what they tell you to do, or resist arrest?

• Like 1

Just now, Mudface said:

The confidence is undermined because if you're a lone woman at night and you're approached by what appear to be a copper or coppers, do you go along with what they tell you to do, or resist arrest?

Why, because of a once in a lifetime freak show? What do you think of my Shipman and Allitt analogy?

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Why, because of a once in a lifetime freak show? What do you think of my Shipman and Allitt analogy?

There are a lot of people suspicious of medical staff and the health service in general, as we've seen during the recent vaccination drives or more generally in older people not wanting to go into hospital or a care home. Even so, a nurse or doctor doesn't have the authority to detain you on the streets and lead you away in handcuffs.

Police officers presumably are vetted so what form did that take with Couzens. Also the police ignored clear complaints that Couzens had exposed himself hours before before he carried out the murder. Had they acted on this intelligence then he wouldn't have been at liberty to do what he did. The problem for the Met is that this is just the last in  long line of mistakes over the last few years, many involving the Commissioner who seems never to take the blame.

Just now, Mudface said:

There are a lot of people suspicious of medical staff and the health service in general, as we've seen during the recent vaccination drives or more generally in older people not wanting to go into hospital or a care home. Even so, a nurse or doctor doesn't have the authority to detain you on the streets and lead you away in handcuffs.

No, but they have the ability to ingest or inject you with god knows what should they choose to do so and whilst I agree the tin foil brigade may shirk from them the NHS enjoys trust from the public that is unparalleled. Shipman and Allitt never made even a dent in that.

No, but they have the ability to ingest or inject you with god knows what should they choose to do so and whilst I agree the tin foil brigade may shirk from them the NHS enjoys trust from the public that is unparalleled. Shipman and Allitt never made even a dent in that.

Oh they did, there were massive reforms after Shipman in particular to restore public confidence.

8 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Those statements from her family are absolutely heartbreaking yet delivered with so much dignity and love.

Hopefully he lives a long time in prison with frequent beatings and abuse, not enough to give him the escape of an early death however just enough to have had teetering in the brink.

Yes he should remain in prison untill he dies but the beatings? Come on man that’s just adding to the problem on this mess of a planet we have

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

We were talking about shipman in a meeting at work today.  Of the 4 people in the room he was my local doctor, another bloke knew him and the sister of one of the lawyers arrested him.  

• Upvote 1

Lottery odds that mate

The lawyer said her sister sat with him in the cells all night as he was clearly a suicide risk.  The rest of the cells were full of the usual scrotes asking for methadone, needing to see a Dr etc.  she shouted out ‘I’ve got Dr Shipman in here, anyone want to see him?’ and they all shut up.  

• Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just read his colleagues nicknamed him The Rapist even well before the murder. Not the best nickname.

Come on mate let’s get real, that will be a nickname for just about somebody in every workplace and pub in the country, it’s used for all manner of reasons, nobody actually imagines it to be true. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

The lawyer said her sister sat with him in the cells all night as he was clearly a suicide risk.  The rest of the cells were full of the usual scrotes asking for methadone, needing to see a Dr etc.  she shouted out ‘I’ve got Dr Shipman in here, anyone want to see him?’ and they all shut up.  

Ha ha ha ha

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Were you seen by him?

37 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

Police officers presumably are vetted so what form did that take with Couzens. Also the police ignored clear complaints that Couzens had exposed himself hours before before he carried out the murder. Had they acted on this intelligence then he wouldn't have been at liberty to do what he did. The problem for the Met is that this is just the last in  long line of mistakes over the last few years, many involving the Commissioner who seems never to take the blame.

Police vetting is clearly a bit rubbish - i know a specific issue from personal experience that tells me that, without having a particular thought on his vetting in this instance.

I've seen lots of people make the shipman/nhs analogy today and the rebuttal I've seen is not that it's a bad analogy in itself, but that shipman led to significant governance and procedural reform. I dont know if thats true or to what extent, but it's clear there are structural issues within the police as an organisation that need changing. One of the problems with that though is that resources have been severely cut, that training is more limited, recruits are paid less, physical and emotional wellbeing is poorly supported so suicide is increasing, and the sheer numbers of officers on the ground is reduced. Reform isnt going to just be about words, but actions, and they cost money.

But with the Met in particular, its impossible to ignore their issues, when Cressida Dick was in charge of covering up the Menezes murder and get rewarded with promotion to the top gig, and then in this year is promised an extension when one of her officers has raped and murdered a young woman, using us status as a police officer as his accomplice - an officer seemingly openly nicknamed the Rapist by colleagues - and not to mention the screw ups with the vigil for her, and failing to adequately police the Euro's etc.