You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

There’s something incredibly moving and emotional about the way that family held themselves and articulated what they did in court, to see justice served for someone they loved (from a purely legal perspective). Literally the only thing left they could do for her, and they did it with aplomb and enormous dignity. In cases like this you obviously see the worst of what humans can be, but often see some of the most impressive elements too, contrasting sharply against it. Theirs deserves to be the last word on this really. Your heart can only go out to them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 10

What a haunting, grim case. The CCTV picture of him 'arresting' her is particularly heartbreaking. The damage that fucking animal has done to her family and to policing more widely is immense, and reading the judge's summation, it's quite appropriate that he got a whole life tariff.

• Upvote 2

Another case that pushes my own personal objections to the death penalty right to the very limit. 

The facts of the case released during the sentencing hearing were absolutely chilling. And, whilst I've only read the victim impact statement of her mother, that was heartbreaking enough for me. 

Just a really horrible case, all round. 

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Cressida Dick should go, she should have resigned after the Clapham Common fiasco, she and the Met used Covid as a convenient excuse and its possible they knew that monster did the same,

Agreed. Harriet Harman has called for that today.

I've just watched Dick's statement and while she probably meant them, they're just words.

Anybody in her position with any sense of decency would resign and if not, she should be sacked.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

There have been 77 women murdered since Sarah where the only or main suspect is a man. 

And is that a good thing or a bad thing? On 2018/19 data, that time period would equate to 140 women murdered. 

It's rhetorical. I'm not suggesting it's good or bad. Any murder of a man or a woman is awful. My post was directed at the "clearly massive issue" mentioned by @Arniepie as I'm uncertain what the massive issue is. Murders? Murder of women? Murder of men? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rb14 said:

And is that a good thing or a bad thing? On 2018/19 data, that time period would equate to 140 women murdered. 

It's rhetorical. I'm not suggesting it's good or bad. Any murder of a man or a woman is awful. My post was directed at the "clearly massive issue" mentioned by @Arniepie as I'm uncertain what the massive issue is. Murders? Murder of women? Murder of men? 

Violent men, they are the issue.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rb14 said:

It's Rico's current version of when he was constantly on about "the lovely gays" in reference to anyone saying anything about Muslims. Now he's a protector of women so he can slag off trans people or call us hypocrites who hate women. 

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, rb14 said:

The horrifying no of men on women murders

Would have thought that was obvious?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

It's Rico's current version of when he was constantly on about "the lovely gays" in reference to anyone saying anything about Muslims. Now he's a protector of women so he can slag off trans people or call us hypocrites who hate women. 

Still not toeing that line am I! Free Palestine! 

4 hours ago, Mudface said:

What a haunting, grim case. The CCTV picture of him 'arresting' her is particularly heartbreaking. The damage that fucking animal has done to her family and to policing more widely is immense, and reading the judge's summation, it's quite appropriate that he got a whole life tariff.

There's a video going around of the all the compiled CCTV footage. It's absolutely chilling stuff.

The day after he abducted her, he went and got a coffee like it was any other day. 'Evil' is an overused and often hyperbolic word but that bastard is evil distilled.

5 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

As an ex copper and sex offender, that's a whole life in solitary for his own protection. Fully deserved of course but a fucking grim prospect, 40 years of sitting on your own in a little cell waiting to die. 

Is that a confession? Didn’t even know you’d been a copper.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Police getting slaughtered over this but I don’t see why if I’m honest, the freak show who killed this poor girl is clearly a grotesque one-off, has anything like this ever even happened before? Why would confidence in them be undermined over this? was confidence in the NHS undermined because of the likes of Shipman and Allitt? Of course not.