You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

4 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Of course I'm not forgetting the shooter. I'm just interested in the technicalities of how statutory legislation can be applied and if the copper doing the search could be prosecuted under Safety Law (not that I'm saying he should be). My limited understanding is that he could be though.

My limited understanding is that he absolutely couldn’t. He absolutely made a mistake but that didn’t lead to the death, the bloke pulling the trigger led to the death.  The implications of your view are pretty far reaching, say a copper missed evidence and didn’t arrest someone and they murdered someone. Copper guilty?  Massive overreach.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

My limited understanding is that he absolutely couldn’t. He absolutely made a mistake but that didn’t lead to the death, the bloke pulling the trigger led to the death.  The implications of your view are pretty far reaching, say a copper missed evidence and didn’t arrest someone and they murdered someone. Copper guilty?  Massive overreach.

Fair enough.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Of course the arresting officers aren't guilty mate , not at all but its a bad bad bad and fatal mis-calculation and dereliction of duty to not find a gun on someone they have arrested for possession of ammunition. Mate its not like he's got two loaves of bread under his jacket.

They shouldn't be prosecuted no way but come on mate, a fuck up in our lines of work costs a company money, in their role its cost someone their life. I hope they don't get named, shamed etc absolutely not but come on that is complacency in a position where complacency simply cant happen. 

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Of course the arresting officers aren't guilty mate , not at all but its a bad bad bad and fatal mis-calculation and dereliction of duty to not find a gun on someone they have arrested for possession of ammunition. Mate its not like he's got two loaves of bread under his jacket.

They shouldn't be prosecuted no way but come on mate, a fuck up in our lines of work costs a company money, in their role its cost someone their life. I hope they don't get named, shamed etc absolutely not but come on that is complacency in a position where complacency simply cant happen. 

I’m not saying he’s not fucked up, he obviously has and should be fired.  But calling for a prosecution is mental. 

I fucked up at work the other week and it cost £90k. 

12 hours ago, Stouffer said:

Against the force and the individual I'd have thought. An individual can be culpable owing to their acts or omissions.

I just can’t see it. If they’ve brought him in in cuffs, searched him, and placed him in a holding cell in cuffs then they’ve followed procedure. You’re then into the realms of judging what should and shouldn’t be found on a search and I don’t think you can drill down to that with a HSW prosecution.

• Upvote 1

Holy motherforking shirtballs!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54274605?utm_content=bufferfa5b2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Undercover informants working for the police and MI5 are going to be explicitly permitted for the first time under British law to commit crimes.

The unprecedented legislation to authorise and oversee crimes comes after years of unclear rules over when these agents can break the law.

The law will not specify exactly which crimes can be committed.

And critics are urging MPs to amend the proposed law to rule out murder and serious violence.

The highly unusual decision to create a law that sanctions crime comes after a legal battle to force MI5 and the government to reveal secret rules governing when an informant can break the law.

Informants - also known as agents - are recruited to gather intelligence on targets, including terrorist organisations, major drugs gangs and child abuse networks.

These agents are often already involved in the networks being targeted and need to maintain a cover in order to gather critical evidence for investigators.

Court challenge

However, a major court ruling last year found that while MI5 had an "implied" power to authorise crimes - it did not mean anyone involved was immune from prosecution.

That judgement, only narrowly in the government's favour, prompted the decision to create the new law.

Under the legislation going before Parliament on Thursday, MI5, the police, the National Crime Agency and other agencies that use informants or undercover agents will be able to explicitly authorise them to commit a specific crime as part of an operation.

The law will require MI5 officers and others to show the crime is "necessary and proportionate".

Security officials will not say which crimes they will consider authorising because that could lead to terrorists and other serious criminals working out who is working undercover.

But the legislation stresses agencies must not breach the Human Rights Act, which requires the government to protect life.

While the security service's watchdog, a senior judge, will report on how the power is used, there will be no role for the Crown Prosecution Service in reviewing the crimes.

27 plots foiled

Ken McCallum, the new Director General of MI5, said agents working deep undercover had played a critical role in stopping many of the 27 terror plots that have been uncovered in the last three years.

"Without the contribution of human agents, be in no doubt, many of these attacks would not have been prevented," he said.

And Security Minister James Brokenshire said the new law had in-built guarantees.

"This is a critical capability and is subject to robust, independent oversight. It is important that those with a responsibility to protect the public can continue this work, knowing that they are on a sound legal footing."

But Maya Foa, director of Reprieve, a legal and human rights campaign group that challenged the secrecy around the rules, said: "We are seriously concerned that the bill fails to expressly prohibit MI5 and other agencies from authorising crimes like torture, murder and sexual violence.

"Our intelligence agencies do a vital job in keeping this country safe, but there must be common sense limits on their agents' activities, and we hope MPs will ensure these limits are written into the legislation".

Which agencies will be able to authorise secret crimes?

• MI5 and other intelligence bodies
  • Police forces and the National Crime agency
  • Immigration and Border Officers
  • HM Revenue and Customs, Serious Fraud Office
  • UK military forces
  • Ministry of Justice (investigations in prisons)
  • Competition and Markets Authority, Environment Agency, Financial Conduct Authority, Food Standards Agency, Gambling Commission and Medicines and Healthcare Regulation Authority

• 2 weeks later...

Me me me me me....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8839067/amp/Car-police-officer-strangled-lover-death-brought-murder-trial.html

'What is my mum going to say?' Married policeman accused of strangling lover to death in a car 'sobbed hysterically at crime scene after paramedics arrived'

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/10/2020 at 18:45, Anubis said:

Convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 10.5 years. He might find life a tad dangerous inside.

The husband of a nurse killed by her policeman lover has said he is disappointed with the verdict, after the killer was sentenced to 10 and a half years in jail for manslaughter having previously been cleared of her murder.

Timothy Brehmer, 41, killed Claire Parry, also 41, a married nurse and a mother of two, after she sent a text message from his phone to his wife saying: “I am cheating on you.”

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just rang the plod. Some ket wigs zooming up and down a main road near mine on a scrambler. Still loads of kids about as it's a summers eve. They're going to kill someone or themselves (here's hoping the latter) loads of people were about tutting and shaking their heads so I made the call when I got home. 

Fuck the ketwigs. Fuck the "don't snitch" parade and fuck scrambler bikes. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just rang the plod. Some ket wigs zooming up and down a main road near mine on a scrambler. Still loads of kids about as it's a summers eve. They're going to kill someone or themselves (here's hoping the latter) loads of people were about tutting and shaking their heads so I made the call when I got home. 

Fuck the ketwigs. Fuck the "don't snitch" parade and fuck scrambler bikes. 

And fuck the "they're only having a bit of fun, don't be miserable" cunts. 

By all means, have fun. If you're only risking your own life, crack on. If you're risking other peoples lives, knock it the fuck off.

• Upvote 4

Just now, General Dryness said:

And fuck the "they're only having a bit of fun, don't be miserable" cunts. 

By all means, have fun. If you're only risking your own life, crack on. If you're risking other peoples lives, knock it the fuck off.

Exactly.  I'm crossing the road with my daughter whilst you're acting the cunt. 

The police won't do fuck all because they had no helmets. They won't chase them but at least they might do a drive by and make them go back to their rats nest. 

• Upvote 1

There is a Don’t Snitch Parade? What month of the year does it take place?

I can understand what you’re saying though. Zooming up and down doing ‘challenge’ wheelies and wearing half skull masks across their lower faces. If I ever get a terminal illness and and feel my time coming to an end, I’m entertaining the thought of hiring a humvee and taking them up on their challenge.

The police were on the Rainford bypass today sat on their arses in the back of a van with a speed camera.

It's a dual carriageway which used to have a 70 mph speed limit but now 60.

Houses being burgled, drugs gangs, people being mugged, gobshites risking other people's lives and limbs on uninsured and unroadworthy scrambler bikes and so on, yet they can still find the time for this vital public service, I don't know how they do it.

Stealing a fucking wage.

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

The police were on the Rainford bypass today sat on their arses in the back of a van with a speed camera.

It's a dual carriageway which used to have a 70 mph speed limit but now 60.

Houses being burgled, drugs gangs, people being mugged, gobshites risking other people's lives and limbs on uninsured and unroadworthy scrambler bikes and so on, yet they can still find the time for this vital public service, I don't know how they do it.

Stealing a fucking wage.

Speeding is fucking deadly and kills many, many innocent  people every year. I’ve no problem with them clamping down on this cancer. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Speeding is fucking deadly and kills many, many innocent  people every year. I’ve no problem with them clamping down on this cancer. 25 people a day killed by speeding drivers last year. Give your fucking head a wobble.

In built up areas or accident blackspots  I agree with you 100%, but where they were I don't.

I wasn't speeding, the road wasn't busy and the weather was fine and bright.

It just seems like there are more pressing circumstances where their attention is needed, dealing with these scrambler bike dickheads for starters, or at least position the speed trap where it would have a more positive effect, ie built up areas.

It seems to me that cameras are usually set up in areas of concern and if that's the case, perhaps whoever ordered this speed trap should give his 'fucking head a wobble' and see that a Gatso is installed freeing up the coppers in the van to do some proper police work.

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

In built up areas or accident blackspots  I agree with you 100%, but where they were I don't.

I wasn't speeding, the road wasn't busy and the weather was fine and bright.

It just seems like there are more pressing circumstances where their attention is needed, dealing with these scrambler bike dickheads for starters, or at least position the speed trap where it would have a more positive effect, ie built up areas.

It seems to me that cameras are usually set up in areas of concern and if that's the case, perhaps whoever ordered this speed trap should give his 'fucking head a wobble' and see that a Gatso is installed freeing up the coppers in the van to do some proper police work.

Fair enough, I disagree with you entirely but each to their own, speeding is fucking deadly, I support them wherever they tackle it.

• Like 1