You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

3 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

A fucking revolver? How the flying fuck was this missed?

Whoever searched the suspect should be charged with dereliction of duty.

It was already bad enough with the type of weapon revealed.

Forget throwing the book at them, I'd fucking throw the entire library at them.

You don’t think they won’t be tormented for the rest of their lives as it is?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

A fucking revolver? How the flying fuck was this missed?

Whoever searched the suspect should be charged with dereliction of duty.

It was already bad enough with the type of weapon revealed.

Forget throwing the book at them, I'd fucking throw the entire library at them.

I now! It's not like the fella had been collared for urinating in the street. The cunt had bullets on him!!!! If ever you had an excuse to do a full search ! 

1 hour ago, halewood pete said:

Spot on.the arresting officer will be fully aware he has fucked up and I cant begin to imagine how this will affect him.

Agree but police work cannot be the only job where incompetence leading to death goes unpunished. He needs to be investigated and prosecuted if appropriate 

29 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Following the law. I’m sure the lawyers on here will correct me if wrong, but I believe that it’s possible for negligence to be a factor in some criminal charges

I can’t see what charges would be brought. More of a disciplinary/employment matter for anyone who didn’t do what they should have done, and a civil case against the force.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I can’t see what charges would be brought. More of a disciplinary/employment matter for anyone who didn’t do what they should have done, and a civil case against the force.

Would the case not be heard under HASWA?

24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Maybe he means an investigation which will lead to a whole new way of doing things in future. Something went badly wrong and it cost a life,it has to be investigated to save lives in the future.

That will happen, it’s already started.  You don’t need to prosecute to investigate

2 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

A friend of my sister attended a gathering of 8 people for her 3 year old niece, and six bizzies turned up.

No wonder they haven't got enough officers to search armed criminals if they're all out busting kids' parties.

As much as I think it's silly, rules are rules. Why couldn't they just have had 6 like they should be? 

But yeah thats pathetic. They've been grassed on there. 

41 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Wouldn’t that be against the force? And if procedures were followed but the search wasn’t thorough enough I still think disciplinary is the  likely route.

Against the force and the individual I'd have thought. An individual can be culpable owing to their acts or omissions.

1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

Against the force and the individual I'd have thought. An individual can be culpable owing to their acts or omissions.

Aren’t you forgetting the bloke who actually did the shooting?  The poor copper who messed up can’t be held liable for the subsequent actions of the murderer.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Aren’t you forgetting the bloke who actually did the shooting?  The poor copper who messed up can’t be held liable for the subsequent actions of the murderer.  

Of course I'm not forgetting the shooter. I'm just interested in the technicalities of how statutory legislation can be applied and if the copper doing the search could be prosecuted under Safety Law (not that I'm saying he should be). My limited understanding is that he could be though.