You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

https://news.sky.com/story/westminster-attack-inquests-top-met-officer-stayed-in-car-as-carnage-unfolded-11521289

The man in charge of the Met Police when an unarmed officer was murdered during the Westminster terror attacks stayed in his car nearby as he had no protective equipment, inquests into the attack have heard.

Current deputy commissioner Sir Craig Mackey, who was then acting head of Scotland Yard, was being driven out of the parliament grounds when the attack by terrorist Khalid Masood unfolded.

Moments earlier, Masood, 52, had killed four people on Westminster Bridge - American tourist Kurt Cochran, 54; retired window cleaner Leslie Rhodes, 75; Aysha Frade, 44, and Romanian tourist Andreea Cristea, 31, before running through the main Westminster gates.

Sir Craig and his colleagues locked the car doors because they had "no protective equipment and no radio", the inquests at the Old Bailey heard.

Olive Oil Doyle.

• 10 months later...
48 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Politicians use recent public anxiety to forward their own agenda, sometimes it's fair and right ( I agree with the one in the link below)  whilst other times it may be knee-jerk pandering to public outrage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47760645

Hold on, you said legislation. There is no change in legislation here is there?  

All the blood is on May's hands going back to when she was Home Secretary and decided to slash police numbers and give the criminals the upper hand by relaxing stop and search. The woman is pure aids. 

Constant bullshit and denial came out of her mouth saying rise in crime is not linked to police cuts. 

For the record I’m absolutely against routinely arming police.  It creates a barrier between public and police, it requires a fucking whole lot of training, introduces tens of thousands of guns into society (some of which will be lost, stolen etc) and for the UK being a decent copper is more important than being a good shot.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

For the record I’m absolutely against routinely arming police.  It creates a barrier between public and police, it requires a fucking whole lot of training, introduces tens of thousands of guns into society (some of which will be lost, stolen etc) and for the UK being a decent copper is more important than being a good shot.  

They will need to be both soon. But you raise an important point in saying the more guns are brought in/manufactured/then the more likely they are to end up on the streets of almost anywhere in the world and particular large cities. I'm sure a similar case can be applied to knives. I would be interested to know what type of knives are being used and where they originate from. You can also tell its the poor kids because they won't be using steak knives.

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They will need to be both soon. But you raise an important point in saying the more guns are brought in/manufactured/then the more likely they are to end up on the streets of almost anywhere in the world and particular large cities. I'm sure a similar case can be applied to knives. I would be interested to know what type of knives are being used and where they originate from. You can also tell its the poor kids because they won't be using steak knives.

My main point is that in the UK coppers need to be good communicators - we don’t have many incidents that need a gun (by that I mean the threat or application of lethal force). Stopping a good communicator being a copper because they don’t want a gun or can’t shoot is a backwards step.  

At this point it’s worth anyone who’s actually fired a handgun telling everyone else who thinks it’s easy how hard it is to hit a target, never mind when you are scared, under attack, full of adrenaline. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

My main point is that in the UK coppers need to be good communicators - we don’t have many incidents that need a gun (by that I mean the threat or application of lethal force). Stopping a good communicator being a copper because they don’t want a gun or can’t shoot is a backwards step.  

At this point it’s worth anyone who’s actually fired a handgun telling everyone else who thinks it’s easy how hard it is to hit a target, never mind when you are scared, under attack, full of adrenaline. 

I think the days of being a good communicator are coming to an end as its pretty pointless trying to argue with somebody off their head on recreational drugs and behaving violently. They need to be restrained and dried out before any communication can take place. I am all for not arming coppers for the same reasons you are but tazers and pepper spray should be frontline ways of dealing with certain situations.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think the days of being a good communicator are coming to an end as its pretty pointless trying to argue with somebody off their head on recreational drugs and behaving violently. They need to be restrained and dried out before any communication can take place. I am all for not arming coppers for the same reasons you are but tazers and pepper spray should be frontline ways of dealing with certain situations.

Fucking Tory!

(Or am I a commie?)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Fucking Tory!

(Or am I a commie?)

A bit of both,although we could argue that the real reasons for the escalation in these situations is down to the lack of hope in large parts of the population ergo more drugs and crime while the government keeps cutting the numbers of coppers to finance their constant tax cuts to the wealthy. Then we are back to commie/tory lines in the sand.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Politicians use recent public anxiety to forward their own agenda, sometimes it's fair and right ( I agree with the one in the link below)  whilst other times it may be knee-jerk pandering to public outrage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47760645

Stop and search without reasonable suspicion is likely to be worse than useless. 

Policing is most effective when it's done with the consent of the population being policed.  As it says in that link, stop and search powers are too often used disproportionately against black people.  That leads (rightly or wrongly) to a widespread belief that the  police are institutionally racist.  That breakdown in trust between black communities and the police can lead to young black lads (and lasses) concluding that the police won't protect them, so they have to protect themselves; maybe by carrying a knife or joining a gang.

I think that Commie hippy is onto something: communication is the key.

• 5 months later...

I've received a NIP for going through a red light, 5mph under the speed limit. I did. It was lashing down with rain, 7am so dark and I didn't think I was going to be able to stop at the line safely when the light turned amber so after checking there were no cars waiting at the junction either side of me, kept going. For local context it was the junction just past Maghull Town Hall, on the A59. 

Is it worth appealing to their better judgement in court with that honest, genuine reason or should I just take the L and pay up?

30 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I've received a NIP for going through a red light, 5mph under the speed limit. I did. It was lashing down with rain, 7am so dark and I didn't think I was going to be able to stop at the line safely when the light turned amber so after checking there were no cars waiting at the junction either side of me, kept going. For local context it was the junction just past Maghull Town Hall, on the A59. 

Is it worth appealing to their better judgement in court with that honest, genuine reason or should I just take the L and pay up?

Pay up.red means stop and that is what the court will decide the case on (in my opinion)

They charged my cousin with firearms possession. Her ex had been storing them in her house without her knowledge. He admitted it and that she had no idea, and they still charged her! Obviously she was cleared but she went through months of shit and lost her job, when she did nothing wrong. So yes, Cheshire Police, you are CUNTS!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

They charged my cousin with firearms possession. Her ex had been storing them in her house without her knowledge. He admitted it and that she had no idea, and they still charged her! Obviously she was cleared but she went through months of shit and lost her job, when she did nothing wrong. So yes, Cheshire Police, you are CUNTS!

How did she not know?Did he still have a key?

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

How did she not know?Did he still have a key?

Skip to 1:15:20.