You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Found a wallet on the bus...

airbags

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive lost a wallet a couple of times when pissed and never got it back.

I cant believe everyone on this thread would give it back ,seems a too high a percentage.

Ive found them before and kept them, found one in tesco carpark with my mate had fuckall in it apart from 3-4 cards including a buisness card with a a 4 digit number on the back of it ,went and got £250 straight out the cash point, went back to the cash point at midnight but it had been cancelled.

I have also given one back when i saw an old lady drop her purse without noticing up the highstreet as im not a complete cunt.

Enjoy your cash, now get in the red.

Fucker never showed up to take the wallet back. His inability to show up is doing no good for my ego which was doing swimmingly today what with all the rep I've got here. So, now the question is, if he doesn't come in by Monday, should I take it then or go leave it in his college which I wouldn't really have time to go to anyway whilst im working. Anyone want to buy a visa for residency in Ireland?

My missus found a wallet in Chester. stuffed with cash and cards. She had a look and it had the owners business card in it, a solicitor.

She took it, on her own time, to his office. The fucker didnt even come out to her, he sent his secretary to get it, not a thanks not a bunch of flowers absolutely fuck all.

What a complete thundercunt.

I once got suspended from school for throwing a bag of chips into a solicitors office.

i'm shocking for losing things.

one time i left my phone (i use a nokia 8800) in a taxi after a night out. as soon as i got home i realised and phoned it but got no answer. i had another bevi and phoned it again. no answer. i pretty much gave up hope as it was a £600 handset at the time so went to bed and began shagging. the next thing is the doorbell rings at about 4am and its the taxi driver. he said someone in his cab said this phones ringing here mate, someone must of left it in so he braught it back as he got a little closer. i gave him a tenner and he was made up.

i'v also lost £1750 cash in an envolope. i got it out the bank and as i was walking home i lost it. it had my holiday confirmation in the envelope aswell (lukily as it turns out). half way home i realised it was gone and started to shit myself. i was wondering how i could go home and tell my bird that i'd lost the holiday letter and all our spends, especially after she had just put me on a betting ban it ould have looked dodgy. anyway as i walked up our path there was a fella and a little girl there. i thought it was someone about work or something but he said are you mr. *. ********* and i said yeah mate why. he handed me the envelope and i was seconds from offering him a wank. i asked what i could do or give him but he said don't worry, he'd just hope if it happenned to him he would do the same. i saw him working in the fruit and veg shop and told him i'd do his bathroom cheap if he ever needed it doing and decided that if i ever found anything i would return it.

i'v found two things, once i got into a taxi and sat on a phone. brand new samsung and i was going to keep it. when i got out and could see it properly it was pink so i decided it was no use to me. i looked through the contacts but there was nothing, it was brand new. i looked on the messages and there where texts about how she was getting used to her new phone so i phoned her mates number off the text and she gave me the girls home number. she came and picked it up and gave me 6 stellas. good news!

the other thing i'v found is a purse. i didn't even look in the money side, just the side with the cards and what not in and she had business cards in. i phoned the mobile number and the urse started ringing! i had to email her and she told me to post it to the adress on the business cards. i did and heard nothing else so either the post man robbed it or shes an ungreatful dyke.

i'm shocking for losing things.

one time i left my phone (i use a nokia 8800) in a taxi after a night out. as soon as i got home i realised and phoned it but got no answer. i had another bevi and phoned it again. no answer. i pretty much gave up hope as it was a £600 handset at the time so went to bed and began shagging. the next thing is the doorbell rings at about 4am and its the taxi driver. he said someone in his cab said this phones ringing here mate, someone must of left it in so he braught it back as he got a little closer. i gave him a tenner and he was made up.

i'v also lost £1750 cash in an envolope. i got it out the bank and as i was walking home i lost it. it had my holiday confirmation in the envelope aswell (lukily as it turns out). half way home i realised it was gone and started to shit myself. i was wondering how i could go home and tell my bird that i'd lost the holiday letter and all our spends, especially after she had just put me on a betting ban it ould have looked dodgy. anyway as i walked up our path there was a fella and a little girl there. i thought it was someone about work or something but he said are you mr. *. ********* and i said yeah mate why. he handed me the envelope and i was seconds from offering him a wank. i asked what i could do or give him but he said don't worry, he'd just hope if it happenned to him he would do the same. i saw him working in the fruit and veg shop and told him i'd do his bathroom cheap if he ever needed it doing and decided that if i ever found anything i would return it.

i'v found two things, once i got into a taxi and sat on a phone. brand new samsung and i was going to keep it. when i got out and could see it properly it was pink so i decided it was no use to me. i looked through the contacts but there was nothing, it was brand new. i looked on the messages and there where texts about how she was getting used to her new phone so i phoned her mates number off the text and she gave me the girls home number. she came and picked it up and gave me 6 stellas. good news!

the other thing i'v found is a purse. i didn't even look in the money side, just the side with the cards and what not in and she had business cards in. i phoned the mobile number and the urse started ringing! i had to email her and she told me to post it to the adress on the business cards. i did and heard nothing else so either the post man robbed it or shes an ungreatful dyke.

Time to lose your virginity, methinks!

I was in Universal Studios in Orlando this past March. My folks were over on vacation so I took them down to Florida with me and the girlfriend. While in Universal I found a camera bag containing a camera and wallet left on a bench outside one of the attractions.

There was $400 and all this girls info. in the wallet. She was from Indiana, and it looked like she was on a high school trip. There was a bus transfer ticket from one of the local hotels in Florida. So I gave them a bell but they did not have her listed there.

I finally had the brain stroming Idea to call info. and get a phone number for her home address in Indiana. It was pretty cool. I called her home and her brother answered, said she was in a terrible state over losing her stuff. He gave me her number, I gave her a bell and she met me at the Jaws attraction. She was crying, gave me a mad hug and such.

Felt really good to do something nice for someone.

Probably would have made a move on her if the girlfriend was not with me. Always the way.

The kids found a Canon SLR digital camera left on a bench in Aberaeron this summer. We did the decent thing and took it to the police station where, as we walked in, there was an elderly couple almost in tears about losing their expensive camera.

Result! Smiles aplenty, a £20 reward for the kids, and double-cones of honey and caramel ice cream all round.

Last xmas came home to find an unmarked box outside me front door, opened it up and found 12 bottles of decent champagne, a few hundred quids worth. There was no address etc on the outside but found the order form, sellotaped to the bottom on the inside, incomplete address and the delivery company had missed it by about 3 streets and just left the box.

Went round to the house, knocked on the door, little kid opens it. Put the box in his hallway, told him to go get his mum and tell her there could be a parcel for her, we think it's champagne. Kid runs off, patiently waited outside their front door, then 2 mins later kid comes running back again, says 'thanks' and shuts the door. Fucking wankers!!

Last xmas came home to find an unmarked box outside me front door, opened it up and found 12 bottles of decent champagne, a few hundred quids worth. There was no address etc on the outside but found the order form, sellotaped to the bottom on the inside, incomplete address and the delivery company had missed it by about 3 streets and just left the box.

Went round to the house, knocked on the door, little kid opens it. Put the box in his hallway, told him to go get his mum and tell her there could be a parcel for her, we think it's champagne. Kid runs off, patiently waited outside their front door, then 2 mins later kid comes running back again, says 'thanks' and shuts the door. Fucking wankers!!

You should have said that it was delivered to the wrong house.

However, Champagne? I'm sorry but that falls into the 'keep' category.

Found a wallet on the bus yesterday, was debating what to do but have decided to give it back intact. He seems to be some poor Brazalian sap, visa and credit cards and all in her so the poor bastard has probably near already lost his life to stress.

Lost a wallet myself when I was stocious drunk in Long Island, NY a few years ago and some old woman went out of her way to give it back to me with not one of the couple of hundreds of dollars touched so promised myself I would do the same if a similar situation arised.

I have to admit though, there was only about thirty euros in it, if if there had been a lot of money in it, I would have found it that much harder to give it back.

What would you do?

Yes I would. Good on you.

There was once a bloke who ran across a busy junction in front of me, and about 300 quid fell out of his pocket. I must admit, part of me was thinking 'Please, cars, be too busy for me to catch him' , but they weren't, so I scooped it up and chased him. He gave me and my missus 20 notes to have a drink, so that was very nice of him.

The good feeling you get from doing something like that long outlasts any pleasure you might get from spending someone else's hard-earned.

There's nothing generous about giving somebody their property back, anyone who keeps it is an arsehole in my view.

You're sort of right. It is a cunt's trick to keep someone's shit when you know who they are, but it does show a certain degree of nobility (or, as some might put it, generosity) to give it back.

Being a decent person is actually a favour to yourself more than anything. People foolishly underestimate the value of stuff like that.

You're sort of right. It is a cunt's trick to keep someone's shit when you know who they are, but it does show a certain degree of nobility (or, as some might put it, generosity) to give it back.

Being a decent person is actually a favour to yourself more than anything. People foolishly underestimate the value of stuff like that.

Agree, but I think generority isn't the word I'd use.

If someone made the effort to contact me or return my stuff, the act of making contact and going out of their way to get my stuff back to me would impress me, but not the act of giving it back - if that makes any sense.

Saying 'I've come here in my own time, or taken time out of my day to phone you' is different from saying 'I could have kept this and spent all your money, but didn't, aren't I ace?' are two different things.

Found a wallet on the bus yesterday, was debating what to do but have decided to give it back intact. He seems to be some poor Brazalian sap, visa and credit cards and all in her so the poor bastard has probably near already lost his life to stress.

Lost a wallet myself when I was stocious drunk in Long Island, NY a few years ago and some old woman went out of her way to give it back to me with not one of the couple of hundreds of dollars touched so promised myself I would do the same if a similar situation arised.

I have to admit though, there was only about thirty euros in it, if if there had been a lot of money in it, I would have found it that much harder to give it back.

What would you do?

ive handed in bags, purses etc...it seems seems poor stressed out people lose these things :yes:

You should have said that it was delivered to the wrong house.

However, Champagne? I'm sorry but that falls into the 'keep' category.

It was a weird delivery; no indication of the company it came from or was delivered by, nothing on the outside at all and only a small scrap of paper inside with a half-completed address. So lugged this huge box 500m to this house, was wondering whether to suggest the 'can you tell them you didn't get it, then we'll have two, if they don't, oh well you've still got what you paid for' kind of thing. Was kind of expecting her to come back and say thanks, instead she sends her 6 year old to say "thanks bye".

Next time, I'm keeping whatever gets sent. (6)