You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

P Diddy, Puff Daddy, Sean Combs etc.

23_Carra_Gold

Whats your opinion on him?

I always thought he was a bit of a cheeseball but I was watching his "Making the Band" show tonight and the man is a fucking ruthless bastard when it comes to business. One of his girl bands is huge in America, had just sold a multi platinum record so he calls a meeting of all 5 of them. Says theres some problems they need to address, one of them keeps piping up and saying "Can I just say..." so what does Diddy do? Kicks her out of the group there and then and tells the other 4 they can follow if they wish. "If you aren't 100% committed then fuck you. I'll do it without you". Having watched earlier episodes its also amazing the ammount of respect and fear he conjours. His bands fucking shit themselves when he's around.

I used to think he was a total dick but after watching that I can't help but respect the man.

Any other people who you thought were dicks but after an seeing something your opinion totally changed?

He's a bellend.

What's that 'song' he did for the Godzilla film, where he does this daft little singing bit in the middle? It was ridiculous, bad boy my arse.

Read a thing once about him going to Radio 1, and they'd laid on a spread of food for him but he refused to eat it from paper plates, so some lackey had to go out and buy some dinnerwear. Very 'street'.

Cunt with a stupid name who never achieved mainstream popularity until he started singing about his dead mate.

He's about as hard core as the cast and crew of last of the summer wine.

I'm saying the way he handled himself was immaculate, like a real taking names and kicking ass attitude.

It excited me greatly.

All very well acting like that with little girls. If he met a proper music biz hard man - Peter Grant, Don Arden for example - he would shit himself. The Vinny Jones of the Music Biz, a cartoon gangsta.

A Grade 1, Unadulterated, Top Drawer, Cunt.

Hard core

After completing his private secondary education at Mount Saint Michael Academy in 1987, Combs attended Howard University in Washington, DC. At Howard he gained a reputation as a party promoter, showing an early penchant for marketing and promotions, and eventually became an intern at New York's Uptown Records.[5]

Whats your opinion on him?

I always thought he was a bit of a cheeseball but I was watching his "Making the Band" show tonight and the man is a fucking ruthless bastard when it comes to business. One of his girl bands is huge in America, had just sold a multi platinum record so he calls a meeting of all 5 of them. Says theres some problems they need to address, one of them keeps piping up and saying "Can I just say..." so what does Diddy do? Kicks her out of the group there and then and tells the other 4 they can follow if they wish. "If you aren't 100% committed then fuck you. I'll do it without you". Having watched earlier episodes its also amazing the ammount of respect and fear he conjours. His bands fucking shit themselves when he's around.

I used to think he was a total dick but after watching that I can't help but respect the man.

Any other people who you thought were dicks but after an seeing something your opinion totally changed?

Weird one. You see that and think it makes him ace. I read it and think it makes him a huge cock.

Many, many years ago I used to think he was a genius for his production duties on Be Happy by Mary J Blige, one of my all time favourite songs. However, when I eventually heard You're So Good To Me by Curtis Mayfield, I realised that all he'd done was take the longest ever fucking sample of someone else's work used in the history of sampling, looped it (about twice, judging by the length of what he took) and asked Mary to work her genius over the top. He subsequently dumbed his tactics down somewhat by stealing ever more popular tunes and sticking ever more appalling raps over the top of them, reaching a nadir with the execrable I'll Be Missing You. He's nothing more than a self-publicist. Admittedly he's exceptionally talented at it, but that's all he does.