You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Annoying Americanisms

Section_31

On 22/05/2020 at 10:41, Aw Geez said:

I think you can/need to do both. You can't tell people to "not be sad" but most funerals I've been too, has been a group of people drinking and talking about all the good times they had with Deady McDeaderson.

Passedy McPassederson surely

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I've noticed something that's getting right on my tits. They pronounce the second vowel in nearly every two syllable word as an "i". It doesnt matter which vowel it is, it's always pronounced as an "i" and I just can't unhear it now. 

For example:

Marcus - Markis

Children - Childrin

Focus - Fokis 

Taken - Takin

Second - Sekind

Doesn't - Duzint

Listen - Lissin

Kitchen - Kitchin

Happened - Happind

Hasn't (hazint) taken off in the uk yet but give it time. Just fuck off. 

On 20/09/2020 at 13:39, Mook said:

People prefacing words with 'super'.

'I was super tired'

'He's super helpful'

Starting to get right on my tits.

On my travels in Cambodia, this American woman was having a loud conversation on her mobile (cellphone!) that the whole boat could hear. She repeatedly used the phrase that she was 'gonna super dominate that shit'. 

After assaulting everyone's ears she decided to light up a very potent smelling spliff the whole boat could smell

8 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I've noticed something that's getting right on my tits. They pronounce the second vowel in nearly every two syllable word as an "i". It doesnt matter which vowel it is, it's always pronounced as an "i" and I just can't unhear it now. 

For example:

Marcus - Markis

Children - Childrin

Focus - Fokis 

Taken - Takin

Second - Sekind

Doesn't - Duzint

Listen - Lissin

Kitchen - Kitchin

Happened - Happind

Hasn't (hazint) taken off in the uk yet but give it time. Just fuck off.

You hiring a lot of Aussie bar staff?

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm not actually that arsed about Americanisms in America.  It's when twats in the UK start using them.

And you pull them up on it and they shrug their shoulders and say 'meh' or something as equally horrendous. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

On my travels in Cambodia, this American woman was having a loud conversation on her mobile (cellphone!) that the whole boat could hear. She repeatedly used the phrase that she was 'gonna super dominate that shit'. 

After assaulting everyone's ears she decided to light up a very potent smelling spliff the whole boat could smell

Hope you threw her overboard. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...