You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yeah. But I'd much prefer if our novice striker on the bench was a real talent, like Nemeth. And I know he is just returning from injury, I still believe he'd be more of a threat than Ngog.

Hopefully Nemeth can make the breakthrough as he could be a real impact player for us.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Nemeth can make the breakthrough as he could be a real impact player for us.

I really think he can. He was made in a lab with the sole purpose of converting chances and finishing off poor opposition at home.

No way should Nemeth be on the bench after only playing 20 minutes for the reserves all season so far. N'Gog ain't THAT bad.

I beg to differ. Apart from the glimpses shown in preseason, Ngog really is THAT bad.

Because he hasn't been playing very well?

Well I for one would have far sooner seen the back 4 as Arbeloa, Sami, Agger and Carra in some form or other and left Dossena who is an absolute liability out.

JC left back?

Agger left back?

Arb left back with JC right back?

Don't care - any of those options would have been better than Dossena playing.

It also goes without saying that Insua at LB would have been preferable obviously too.

Don't like the look of this team to be honest. There's just no pace whatsoever in our attacking line-up. I've been saying that a few times, but if I'm the manager of the opposition team, I just play a high defense line, and I've got almost nothing to fear about. Gerrard is the only with any form of pace in there, but I just can't see Rafa letting him break forward freely from a centre-midfield position, especially with Alonso and not Masch alongside him. Luckily for us, some of the managers in the premiership can be good man motivators but completely clueless tactically. Bruce was the only one who did what I said above and they totally outplayed us in the first half, but unfortunately for them everytime they went into the lead, they just backed off unconsciously, when there wasn't any real danger. Just got to hope West Ham do exactly that today.

Don't like the look of this team to be honest. There's just no pace whatsoever in our attacking line-up. I've been saying that a few times, but if I'm the manager of the opposition team, I just play a high defense line, and I've got almost nothing to fear about. Gerrard is the only with any form of pace in there, but I just can't see Rafa letting him break forward freely from a centre-midfield position, especially with Alonso and not Masch alongside him. Luckily for us, some of the managers in the premiership can be good man motivators but completely clueless tactically. Bruce was the only one who did what I said above and they totally outplayed us in the first half, but unfortunately for them everytime they went into the lead, they just backed off unconsciously, when there wasn't any real danger. Just got to hope West Ham do exactly that today.

Prozac run out lad?