You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kuyt got a few cracking crosses in too, but he was too slow to get on the end of them.

There are a lot of peeps on here that will back Dirk ( to the hilt*) whatever he does ...but nobody can defend him on this one. The handsome fecker is deffo too slow to get on the end of his own crosses.

*did you see what I did there? ... a dirk is a type of straight bladed knife and I'm pretty sure the bit of a knife, just before the handle is called the hilt....

Rep whore I am not ... but someone should pull me out of the red for that bit of comic genius.

Surely?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should start the Blackburn match thread now so we can start thinking about that. I think we're all really pissed off with last nights result and the Fulham game but IF we can bounce back with a good away performance at a struggling Blackburn then maybe we can have a bit of positivity back again going into the Hull game and if we managed to get 6 points from those games we'd still be top going into the Arsenal game. As somebody else said we're top of the league in December for the first time in 7 years so it's not a massive season ending disaster, we do need to move up a gear or two in our performances though and hopefully we can get some of the luck back which has deserted us in the last month (not that we've been unlucky either). The mid table clubs seem to be tougher this season.

Also if we can perform like we did from February to the end of the season like we did last season we will still have a great chance, things can change quickly, we have been performing poorly most of the season, that won't last forever, we know the team is capable of better and we know when Torres comes back we'll be a bigger threat, just hoping we get through the next few weeks without too much damage, really is crucial. The Blackburn game can't come quickly enough for me, I think we're all very negative at the moment which is understandable. We bounced back after the Stoke draw at home, hopefully the lads will kick on again. Hope Ince won't set Blackburn up too defensively aswell.

14xknkx.jpg

That looks quite nice to me. Think we would have settled for that at the start of the season, could be better, could be worse though aswell. Enjoy being top while it lasts.

Great post, I might just use that as the match report. Only thing I disagree with is that we don't brush aside shit teams, we usually drop to their level but just do enough to win.

You're right actually, and I kinda alluded to it on another thread but there's no point saying on here that we're unconvincing in the majority of games because I'd have ended up fending off 50 "we're top of the league" replies.

Yeah we're top of the league and to be honest, I'm not hating this season because when a team wants to play against us we're putting in some solid performances which is defo encouraging. But for Christ's sake don't let that mask our massive deficiencies.

We've got too many players who are excellent when a battle is called for and they have to dig deep but who are just completely lacking when it's time to show them what we can do. We need players who can create and do it well. We don't have them. Until then we'll either keep on dropping points in games like these, rely on Nando & Gerrard to save us, or fluke them. So far this season we've been lucky enough to either fluke them or be saved by someone more often than we've dropped the points but it can't be sustained.

The whole 11 + Rafa have to get this right and something's got to change. I'm happy we're challenging for the title but seriously, the line between us being 7 points clear right now and us being 8 points behind Chelsea is just too fucking precarious. It's a massive amount of good fortune that has allowed us to be where we are right now. It just isn't going to last.

Rafa is fucked if plan A doesn't work because he doesn't have the backup on the bench. Having said that, plan A is working less than it isn't this season.

That's 3 games drawn that should have been bankers and a fair few games where we should have either drawn or lost but we managed to drag our arses through.

In a big game we have players who can fight and we can create a chance or two when the other team is prepared to attack but if a team wants to defend against us we just don't have the skill or cutting edge to break them down.

Keane, Kuyt, Beniyoun, Babel and now Riera who's game his fell to pieces aren't going to unlock any defense and if those three are playing it's left to gerrard to do it but right now he's hit a shit patch and isn't there to save us.

We're predictable and really easy to defend against. The passing in the middle of the park is slick but we create far too few chances and miss far too many of the ones we do create. The killer balls just arent there, the creativity is non-existent and the movement and runs of anyone up front when Torres doesn't play is amatuer at best.

In an attacking sense I think we actually only have three clever plays in the entire squad. It's just not good enough. Come May it won't be good enough.

I'm not really arsed about the opinions of the optimists on here because objectivity is an enigma to them.

Give us a big team to play and we can put up a fight. Give us a shit team to play and we can brush them aside. Give us an average team who don't want to play and we're fucked but unfortunately there's a shitload of games like that in a league season and you can't take the title without being able to deal with them.

Shit post that, just like the result. :whistle: