You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Rafa has helped Keane's confidence at all, takes him off all the time, ye sure he might be having a bad game but how many times have we seen it with other strikers who then put one in the net with minutes to spare, he could have left him on against west brom and he may have got a hatrick but no, he gave kuyt 90 minutes after 90 minutes when he was playing shite but doesn't do the same for keane, its really frustrating.

Is that you Robbie :whistle:

I thought Keane should have gone off but for Babel, rather than N'gog but even then, I have massive doubts now about Babel's attitude. I'm not sure he has the stomach for a fight. I don't really have an opinion of N'gog, I was surprised by him being brought on, as one of my posts on here revealed. I wasn't surprised that it was Keane that went off, though.

I agree about Babel, he's really disappointed this season. The United game aside, he's very rarely looked interested when brought on. Against Fulham, he just couldn't be arsed.

If you dont want us to win the the league this year, you are a fucking cunt and a mong. Lucky this is an internet forum, cos if I'd heard you say that in the ground, I'd have flattened you.

What the fuck? I read it as him saying, 'I don't even expect us to win the league this year', so why the fuck are you acting the big man there?

Go to bed.

Guest Han_shoots_1st!

I beginning to worry now that with Chelsea faltering and all, this is just going to sit up for the mancs to take once they pull their socks up...and if that happens I'm going to take up extreme ironing and football can fuck off...:(

I agree about Babel, he's really disappointed this season. The United game aside, he's very rarely looked interested when brought on. Against Fulham, he just couldn't be arsed.

I'd also question the managers motivational qualities too. Again he seems to be isolating players.

I don't agree with people though who don't expect the title this season. As far as i'm concerned this year could be our best chance. Chelsea don't look as ruthless as before, Man Utd have a number of distractions, both have dropped points (& will continue to do so) where in the past 4 years one of the other wouldn't have done. We've rode our luck at times, finnaly broken the Utd & Stamford bridge hoodoo YET fail to really take advantge by throwing away 6 points against Stoke, Fulham & West Ham.

Next season & the following ones I don't expect our rival to be so generous.

Edited by George Costanza

Cardie mate, thanks for calling me a "cunt" and a "mong".

Me taking pleasure in seeing us fail than succeed? You're wrong mate. You know what? I don't even want us to win the title this year. I just want us challenging. And I'm just frustrated that we are letting good opportunities go.

On another note mate, this is an internet forum. No need to be so aggressive.

If you dont want us to win the the league this year, you are a fucking cunt and a mong. Lucky this is an internet forum, cos if I'd heard you say that in the ground, I'd have flattened you.

Haha! I meant to say "I didn't expect to win the title this year".

As for flattening me, dream on.

Cunt.

Mong.

What the fuck? I read it as him saying, 'I don't even expect us to win the league this year', so why the fuck are you acting the big man there?

Go to bed.

He never said 'I dont expect us to win the title this year'. He said 'I dont want us to win the title this year'. Fucking big difference. And as for flattening you, pm me and we can a have chat about it.

Rafa is fucked if plan A doesn't work because he doesn't have the backup on the bench. Having said that, plan A is working less than it isn't this season.

That's 3 games drawn that should have been bankers and a fair few games where we should have either drawn or lost but we managed to drag our arses through.

In a big game we have players who can fight and we can create a chance or two when the other team is prepared to attack but if a team wants to defend against us we just don't have the skill or cutting edge to break them down.

Keane, Kuyt, Beniyoun, Babel and now Riera who's game his fell to pieces aren't going to unlock any defense and if those three are playing it's left to gerrard to do it but right now he's hit a shit patch and isn't there to save us.

We're predictable and really easy to defend against. The passing in the middle of the park is slick but we create far too few chances and miss far too many of the ones we do create. The killer balls just arent there, the creativity is non-existent and the movement and runs of anyone up front when Torres doesn't play is amatuer at best.

In an attacking sense I think we actually only have three clever plays in the entire squad. It's just not good enough. Come May it won't be good enough.

I'm not really arsed about the opinions of the optimists on here because objectivity is an enigma to them.

Give us a big team to play and we can put up a fight. Give us a shit team to play and we can brush them aside. Give us an average team who don't want to play and we're fucked but unfortunately there's a shitload of games like that in a league season and you can't take the title without being able to deal with them.

Keane was absolutely shit again, but I didn't see any sign of dissent when he went off. Are you making that bit up?

I suppose he might have been rolling his eyes and shaking his head to signify any one of a number of things, for example his disgust at his own appalling performance, his disgust at the player he was being subbed for, his disgust for the manager's decision, or even his disgust for Harringey Social Services for all I know but there certainly seemed to be at least one aspect of the overall scenario that he wasn't overly enamoured with.

Absolutely fucking raging so I won't say much because I don't want to say things I will later regret.

I wrote my longest ever post, but when I was finished I had calmed down, so I decided not to post it, although there were some good points amongst the anger.

I was critizising Alonso and Kuyt amongst others, and had I posted it I would have ended up staying all night discussing probably with Brownie and Code72, and I dont have the time for that. ;)

To take the little positives there was we were better than against Fulham. At least there were more passion and urgency to our play, and ironically two players coming out of this game with credit were the two that most fans would have liked to see out of the the team.

Dossena, although not great produced a good performance, and it was a giant leap in the right direction. He actually looked like a footballer. And Yossi, in my opinion easily our best performer. He created chances, almost scored when Green produced the save of the match, and his tracking back was surperb as well. Also he is one of the few of our players able to run with the ball at feet. I hope he will play more in the coming weeks, as on this display he deserves it.

on a positive note we do tend to finish the season off strong under Rafa and if we go on the kind of run we did last year when the hiding mancs gave us at old trafford was our only defeat in about 15 games then we should be right up there.

That's true, but last season our bad run ended in February. If we keep playing like this until February we'll be fucked and totally out of it again.

He never said 'I dont expect us to win the title this year'. He said 'I dont want us to win the title this year'. Fucking big difference. And as for flattening you, pm me and we can a have chat about it.

Brownie was right. And I said the same thing in my post above. And I took your post in a good humorous way.

Stop acting like a cunt. Yes, a cunt.

I wrote my longest ever post, but when I was finished I had calmed down, so I decided not to post it, although there were some good points amongst the anger.

I was critizising Alonso and Kuyt amongst others, and had I posted it I would have ended up staying all night discussing probably with Brownie and Code72, and I dont have the time for that. ;)

To take the little positives there was we were better than against Fulham. At least there were more passion and urgency to our play, and ironically two players coming out of this game with credit were the two that most fans would have liked to see out of the the team.

Dossena, although not great produced a good performance, and it was a giant leap in the right direction. He actually looked like a footballer. And Yossi, in my opinion easily our best performer. He created chances, almost scored when Green produced the save of the match, and his tracking back was surperb as well. Also he is one of the few of our players able to run with the ball at feet. I hope he will play more in the coming weeks, as on this display he deserves it.

Correct.

Fucking shite.

For starters, we shouldn't have had Xabi and Gerrard in there, if they were both going to sit deep. Either Yossi or Keane should have been dropped so a holding midfielder could play alongside Xabi, allowing Gerrard to play in an advanced role where he is best.

Second, we really really really need another striker. If you offered me right now, Emile Heskey to sign for us, I'd take it. We desperately need someone who can fight for the ball upfront and keep hold of it. We let the best availible man who does this leave in the summer, and we are paying the price for not replacing him adequately.

We didn't play THAT badly, but it wasn't anywhere near good enough. Riera is proving to be what he is, inconsistent. Flashes of brilliance, mixed with infuriating play. Robbie Keane is not the player we need in our side. I said this back before we got him, and I will say it now; he will not work well with Torres upfront. The likes of Berbatov, Crouch, Heskey; a targetman, is what he needs alongside him.

Dossena showed some signs of why we signed him. Thought he did very well tonight, put in some superb balls in the box, but AGAIN there was nobody there to really challenge them. He still needs to put more performances like this in before he gains any leeway, and needs to improve defensively a lot. But it was very promising from him.

God, how ace is Sami. He makes defending look so elegant and effortless. He deserves to be in the side over Agger on merit as far as I am concerned. I have no time for sentiment anymore.

As far as the game goes, all I will say is that in my honest opinion, we don't deserve to be top if we cannot beat mediocre dross like West Ham and Fulham at home. Drawing to Stoke was a one off. Drawing to Fulham was unacceptable. Drawing to West Ham was damn right embarassing.

I realise I may sound like a bit of a cunt there but I'm not arsed. I pay good money to go and watch shite performances like that. How much more motivation do you need lads? You had the chance to go 3 points clear at the top of the table going into christmas, and you put half arsed pathetic shows like that in from the majority.

Nowhere near good enough, and we simply cannot afford anymore draws at home. Not one, if we are to win the league. Ok. Maybe one, but no more than that.

Brownie was right. And I said the same thing in my post above. And I took your post in a good humorous way.

Stop acting like a cunt. Yes, a cunt.

200px-Ctfo.jpg

No, and I didn't expect us to win the league this season anyway.

Neither did I , if I'm honest mate. I think sides coming from third or fourth who have not won the league in some time have to put in a really believable challenge first, to gain that extra little bit of confidence and belief to go the extra mile the next season.

However, I find myself angry and frustrated that we have such an opportunity to at least make that challenge this season, but all the signs are there that we are going to throw it away. I can see the Mancs and Chelsea overhauling us easily if we don't pull our finger out and start taking at least some of the home points against rubbish teams in a believable fashion, and then we will be scrapping for third or fourth again, and it's back to square one.

The players we fielded tonight should have it in them to beat the likes of West Ham and Fulham at home or at least look like they know how, and not look second best against the likes of Wigan, where we rode our luck.

All we have to do is play as a team with some desire. We don't seem to have a clue how to at the moment.

I dont buy Hyypia in for Agger as I remember Agger creeping forward and blasting it in against West Ham at home, that marginal threat of his is worth having in these potentially tight games (you'd never seen Sami or Carra doing it) so i'd play him for that reason alone

I dont buy Hyypia in for Agger as I remember Agger creeping forward and blasting it in against West Ham at home, that marginal threat of his is worth having in these potentially tight games (you'd never seen Sami or Carra doing it) so i'd play him for that reason alone

As opposed to the far more consistent and proven threat Hyppia offers from set pieces?

As opposed to the far more consistent and proven threat Hyppia offers from set pieces?

heh it's a tough one but we're usually shite at set piece delivery anyway, if it's 0-0 a manager can utilize Agger much better by telling him to go forward and use his ability in open play as an extra man