You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

picking out the one or two instances where he has actually resembled a footballer only reminds people that 99% of the time he's useless

yup.

The fact that you can remember almost every single instance he's done any of merit tells it's own story: they're very few and very far between.

On the other hand, I sympathise with him a little. I do wonder how he'd have faired under another manager.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Isn't it unbelievable that in my first season I was Talent Of The Year"

He's got a point there, to be fair...

Not sure whether you are being sarcastic or not! (difficult to tell with you nowdays)

But had I used that excuse for Lucas I would have been righly laughed off the stage!

He has produced, next to nothing in two and a half years!

Not sure whether you are being sarcastic or not! (difficult to tell with you nowdays)

But had I used that excuse for Lucas I would have been righly laughed off the stage!

He has produced, next to nothing in two and a half years!

Exactly the same as Lucas.

Obviously

If you look at that again, he nearly flicked it the wrong way with his 2nd touch. A better defender would have stopped him there. You're clutching at straws there.

Anyhow he doesn't deserve to be here at all based on his attitude, and that's the whole point of everyone's argument against him.

if its true that he's never played more than 3 consecutive games from the start? i think thats fucking awful and you cant blame ANY player at any level of football that stops trying eventually.its must be even more depressing seeing average players playing week in week out no matter how crap they are.

i hope the lad moves on and finds someone wholl give him a fairer chance to try and let him prove his potential.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
yup.

The fact that you can remember almost every single instance he's done any of merit tells it's own story: they're very few and very far between.

On the other hand, I sympathise with him a little. I do wonder how he'd have faired under another manager.

Agree with that, I think it's clear that he's a confidence player, and given a run of games could potentially flourish into a really good player.

Not that you'd stick him in right now, given the form we are in, as he doesn't appear to be the type of player to grab a game by the scruff of the neck

Whether he could have been given that run in previous seasons is another question altogether

if its true that he's never played more than 3 consecutive games from the start? i think thats fucking awful and you cant blame ANY player at any level of football that stops trying eventually.its must be even more depressing seeing average players playing week in week out no matter how crap they are.

i hope the lad moves on and finds someone wholl give him a fairer chance to try and let him prove his potential.

You are tedious little cretin!

Bought your Debrecen top for tonight yet?

Showing the one time, out of hundreds, where it goes right... obviously proves you right.

Funny how youtube isn't chock full of examples of him failing, maybe its because no one wants to watch it go wrong, which may be why people badmouth Ryan.

Lance, I'm not the one making sweeping statements saying he can't do this, and can't do that, when he clearly can.

I'm not even saying he's not a frustrating player, he clearly is, but to claim he has hardly any ability (Can't cross, can't dribble) and has done nothing for the club (Isn't really a Liverpool player?) is nonsense.

And in regards to sticking up fail clips, I'm sure you could put a pretty damning one together, but then again, if you were so inclined, you could make any player look shite with the right amount of dedication.

Agree with that, I think it's clear that he's a confidence player, and given a run of games could potentially flourish into a really good player.

Not that you'd stick him in right now, given the form we are in, as he doesn't appear to be the type of player to grab a game by the scruff of the neck

Whether he could have been given that run in previous seasons is another question altogether

Exactly. As I said in my earlier post, he was a keen and willing runner in his first season, and desperate to prove himself with a run.

But he just didn't get it. He'd come in, do well, and then get dropped. That's rafa's way. He isn't going to put his arm round you and tell you you're brilliant and gvie you games to build you up.

Some players can hack it and some can't.

Then, rightly or wrongly I think the frustrations of that season have just grown and boiled over and made him what he is now - a lasy sulk who doesn't want to be here anymore.

I really wouldn't be surprised at all to see him move on to another club - perhaps a smaller club where expextationare lower and he'll be a big player for them - and do really, really well.

I disagree. The fact that he's good at football rubs salt in the wound.

He's got the talent, the first 12 months showed that, but the past 16 have showed that he won't apply work to that talent to make himself become good.

I am not sure. I tended to believe all this "raw" stuff, but its been a while now and for the most part he still looks as inept as on day 1.

I think rawness has been mistaken for crapmostofthetimeness.

The personal abuse really doesn't rest easy with me

If he's not good enough, for whatever reason, fine, but does he really deserve the vitriol in this thread that should really be saved for Sunday

Makes a change from Lucas, I s'pose

Maybe a bit harsh calling him a cunt a few times I agree, but I have had the worst nights sleep, me boiler has packed in, I woke up on the couch and as I wiped my weary eyes I seen this blert had opened his mouth again, not the best thing for me to see in that frame of mind.

I really dislike him and the goal he scored the other week just highlighted why I really dislike him.

He should be fined, hit over the head with his blue boots, sacked and then frog marched out of Anfield with his CD implanted in his head.

Lance, I'm not the one making sweeping statements saying he can't do this, and can't do that, when he clearly can.

I'm not even saying he's not a frustrating player, he clearly is, but to claim he has hardly any ability (Can't cross, can't dribble) and has done nothing for the club (Isn't really a Liverpool player?) is nonsense.

It's really not nonsense at all. I once rode a double black diamond trail on a mountain bike and didn't fall. That doesn't mean that I ride at that skill level.

That Birmingham player smashed an incredible goal against us, but that doesn't mean that he'll do it every match.

Because he has done something before, doesn't mean he has the skill to continuously produce it.

Saying he can't do something, doesn't mean that he'll never do it, it means that he can't get it done with any sort of consistency.

Exactly. As I said in my earlier post, he was a keen and willing runner in his first season, and desperate to prove himself with a run.

he'd come in, do well, and then get dropped. That's rafa's way. He isn't going to put his arm round you and tell you you're brilliant and gvie you games to build you up.

Some players can hack it and some can't.

Then, rightly or wrongly I think the frustrations of that season have just grown and boiled over and made him what he is now - a lasy sulk who doesn't want to be here anymore.

I really wouldn't be surprised at all to see him move on to another club - perhaps a smaller club where expextationare lower and he'll be a big player for them - and do really, really well.

Agree 100%

I think that's maybe why they might be loathe to let him leave full time, but then again, you'd then have to convince him that going on loan would be an option.

Even then, by sending him on loan, you are only decimating an already limited squad

My head hurts

I remember the game against Crewe in the League Cup last season (and not just because Woo was pissed off that my gorgeous female friend was not able to attend that match... poor Woo), in which Babel was given a chance up front - one that he supposedly would do anything for. Now I wasnt expecting miracles like a hat trick etc, but a little bit of desire (even in an "I'll show you Rafa" way) wouldnt have gone amiss. He was partnered by Ngog making his first start. Ngog was rubbish, but at least tried his best. Babel was totally disinterested and stunk the place out.

I'm told the same thing happened in the Portsmouth away match last season as well.

Maybe calling him a cunt is a little uncalled for, but like H*skey before him, it is so much more frustrating when you see him not apply himself because you have seen glimpses of what he can do. A skillful player who isnt suited to this league, but who tries his best (i.e Smicer) or as I have already mentioned, a limited player who tries (i.e. Dirk) will always get my support before mallingerers like Babel and H*skey.

It's really not nonsense at all. I once rode a double black diamond trail on a mountain bike and didn't fall. That doesn't mean that I ride at that skill level.

That Birmingham player smashed an incredible goal against us, but that doesn't mean that he'll do it every match.

Because he has done something before, doesn't mean he has the skill to continuously produce it.

Saying he can't do something, doesn't mean that he'll never do it, it means that he can't get it done with any sort of consistency.

He's done it plenty of times,against good opposition, and comparing him to Cameron Jerome just makes your argument look even more ridiculous