You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwh, poor ickle Ryan.. Awwwwh.

No one likes him, and he thinks he still has to prove himself.. Well guess what Ryan? You fucking well do. There is a reason that you havent started more than 3 games in a row, and it isnt because Rafa is a cunt (or whatever he's getting called by anyone on any given day). Its because, young Ryan, you're a lazy cunt. If you actually applied yourself and did on the pitch, what you're good at, then you might get picked more often. Its been said before, that if Dirk had your ability or if you had his desire and work ethic, then we'd have some player.

I had to laugh at the comment about Dirk getting the Spanish players jokes.. They're probably all about Babel.

I'll tell you this much too. Given the choice between a lazy talented player and a hard working limited one, I'd take the latter over the former every time.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
It doesn't, no. But on this forum the word gets banded about a bit too softly, so in that context, he is. He annoys me, and I don't like him for it. That makes him something that I cannot express, so let's just call that a cunt?

And maybe if this 'cunt' had shown some of his magic in previous games instead of once a year we'd have qualified already?

Possibly, he certainly has it within him, and I understand how he can frustrate the life out of people.

But a Cunt?

I just hate that word, and I know that it's a totally different world to the one that 99.99% of the population live in, but if someone who you had never met was anonymously calling you a cunt on the internet, you wouldn't be happy.

He's an idiot for giving an interview like this, especially in a world cup year when any chances he get are crucial. The state our team is in, there's no way he'll be allowed to leave in January, so what he's effectively done here is talk his way out of a place in the Holland Squad in the summer.

idiot.

As for what he said, I think the truth lies half way inbetween. In his first year i think he should have had far more chances, as he was an eager and keen runner back then. I think teh frustration of that season has boiled over in to what we see now - a dissinterested lazy player who doesn't really want to play for the manager or the club.

He also makes a decent point about some players being shite for long strings of matches and never being dropped.

But he needs to look at himself as well.

football365 are suggesting he gave this interview to that paper

the link on the page before is the mail, anyone know if this is the case?

No he didn't, they lifted it, as per usual

So he's lazy, or that would appear to be his style

That makes him a cunt?

It bollocks Cris, and it's not on, and has been pointed out, it's down to this "cunt" that we've still actually got a chance to qualify, albeit a slim one.

That may be the case, but there's no hiding the fact that he has an over inflated view of himself and just has absolutely no heart at all. I'm sorry, but there are many of us who feel that he is not deserving of a place at Liverpool. We can't all be that wrong?!

Why would you want to defend him? He's done nothing to deserve it. I couldn't care less if he played shite all the time once he showed some heart. He doesn't. Ever. So he can fuck off.

No he didn't, they lifted it, as per usual

fair play, they've actually got it on the home page saying

"This won't go down well. Along with his monthly suggestion that he'll leave Liverpool if he doesn't play more, Ryan Babel has hinted at some pretty worrying divisions within the squad. Babel claims the other forwards at Liverpool are 'selfish', and that Rafa Benitez offers him little useful help. If that wasn't enough, he appears to have given this interview to The S*n"

very cheeky if they're wrong

Why would you want to defend him? He's done nothing to deserve it. I couldn't care less if he played shite all the time once he showed some heart. He doesn't. Ever. So he can fuck off.

Because the abuse is absolutely unnecessary

I don't care if people badmouth him. He clearly doesn't want to be here. He puts in half-arsed (or less so) performances. He's a coward. He's about the most inconsistent player that I've ever watched. He's looks like he doesn't care a single jot about the club and how it's doing.

He's a Liverpool player on paper, but he really isn't, is he?

I don't care if people badmouth him. He clearly doesn't want to be here. He puts in half-arsed (or less so) performances. He's a coward. He's about the most inconsistent player that I've ever watched. He's looks like he doesn't care a single jot about the club and how it's doing.

He's a Liverpool player on paper, but he really isn't, is he?

I must have imagined this then

Lyon+v+Liverpool+UEFA+Champions+League+-DX-XogxWJQl.jpg

No, you saw his 'add me to the dutch squad' plea clearly. I would imagine that he'll just shoot from everywhere now, which isn't a bad idea because he clearly can't dribble and cross.

I was talking about his attitude. He definitely isn't showing that he wants to be a Liverpool player, which is shocking.

People can say what they want about Lucas, myself included, but he clearly is trying and wanting to be here. Babel isn't.

I really hope he's fucked off in January. I hoped he would have been last summer.

So your basing everything around one goal? Come on, seriously. You need to look at the bigger picture. He does not deserve our praise or any praise in fact.

You may not like the abuse posted here about him, but that's how angry people are with him and they have a right to voice that. Abuse or not.

as good as that goal was UEM, for me his freekick shortly after did more to sum up his time at the club

Absolutely no denying that at all

But again, does it really warrant the personal abuse?

Of course it doesn't

its not about his ability its about his attitude, thats why i think so many are pissed at him. I think he's done some immature things in his time... can you put it down to youth? there are much younger players with a better head for things on and off the pitch.

His head is somewhere else thats clear.

time to go...

We're talking about someone who has scored against the likes of Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and destroyed Real. He's clearly talented and there is some merit in what he says.

“In 2½ years with Liverpool I have never started three matches in a row.”

This is fairly damning - whether of Rafa or Babel himself is another story.

No, you saw his 'add me to the dutch squad' plea clearly. I would imagine that he'll just shoot from everywhere now, which isn't a bad idea because he clearly can't dribble and cross.

I was talking about his attitude. He definitely isn't showing that he wants to be a Liverpool player, which is shocking.

People can say what they want about Lucas, myself included, but he clearly is trying and wanting to be here. Babel isn't.

I really hope he's fucked off in January. I hoped he would have been last summer.

Obviously

Z5-YfIQLFeI

One of my favourite Babel moments

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTjRQXJDBuA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTjRQXJDBuA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]