You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See thats what happens at normal clubs, at ours we sell £20m signings on deadline day 6 months after buying them without replacing them.:wallbutt:

I know mate, I'll never forget that. I hope we've learnt something this time round.

I'd like to see Babel start every game in the centre from now on, and while we're at it lets get Kuyt back in his natural role as well (obviously Torres wont be playing every game this season) if the Dutch national selectors can se fit to do it, why cant we? Benayoun can do some time at RM.

Benitez needs to do SOMETHING different, cos i'm fuckin' dyin' of boredom over here, although to be fair, my position isn't as tough as some you you - I didn't shell out on a season ticket as some of you guys did..in fact DAMN..I'd be due a refund about now wouldn't I, what with the boys failing to actually get to the knockout stage in europe for the 1st time in god knows when?

I wonder if we could do some sort of deal with Chelsea - we give them Rafa and..now let me see..what could they give us?

BAYERN DENY RYAN BABEL LINK

Bayern Munich have dismissed reports they are lining up a bid for Ryan Babel.

The Liverpool forward is far from happy with life at Anfield and has made his feelings known to boss Rafa Benitez. Babel's time on Merseyside looks to be coming to end and a number of clubs have been linked with a move for him in January.

Bayern were one of the clubs said to be keen on the Dutchman, but their director of sport Christian Nerlinger has denied any interest. "I do know anything about it," he told Liga Total. "If I do not know anything, you can easily assume there is no truth in this link."

Football365 | All The News | Football News | BAYERN DENY RYAN BABEL LINK

Can't believe I've only just found those comments from Babel on the 24th. To go mad at Rafa fair enough, but to lay into the players in the way he did too is really burning his bridges.

If he'd have just kept quiet and bided his time he could even be a regular player now. It's easily possible Rafa just got sick of his comments ages ago though, didn't play him as much to try and help him realise not to do it again, then he just carried on doing it. Hopefully Ajax will take him back or something, could get a fairly decent price for him if so?

Whenever I see Babel, I just can't help thinking that if he had have gone to Arsenal he'd be class.

I don't want to start the Rafa man-manager debate again, however, I think that for players of the right mind-set he's brilliant, whereas if you're perhaps not as mentally strong then your confidence will get sapped.

Babel does himself absolutely no favours by being a gob shite though.