You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Absolute rubbish of the highest order - typical. Reliant on Gerrard and Torres? Didn't we beat Man U without both, scored 4 vs Chelsea without Gerrard, 4 vs Arsenal without Torres? Gerrard and Torres played only 14 games together last season, and we hammered teams for fun and went on to get a record number of pts in the PL.

How you come to the conclusion that Rafa can't nuture skillful players is beyond me. What the hell is classed as a skillfil player anyway, people that beat 10 players and have poor end product a la Lennon? Are Gerrard, Torres, Garcia, Yossi, Johnson, Riera et al not skillful enough for you? Mentallity is the key, not skill. Queresma is probably as any skillful as any player in world football, he doesn't have it between the ears and is no use to anyone. Babel is exactly the same.

'We just play crap football' - or you just talk crap. Average goals per game is higher than any time in the last 17 years, and that's only as far as I've checked. 4 goals against Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Madrid plus 5 vs Villa in the last 8 months and we play crap football? What planet are you from mate?

Kuyt - yes he is in poor form and yes he benefits from having better players around him but yet again there is no basis to your arguement. Kuyt scored what 14/15 goals last year?(plus double figure assists). Name one other winger in world football bar Ronaldo/Mesi who have that return. He constantly scores important goals, proves excellent protection for Johnson/any RB and works like a champion in our closing down game which is the conerstone of our recent improvement.

Are you Rafa Benitez??

Last season we had Alonso and Keane, this season we are using Lucas and N’Gog – I’ll let you work it out. This season we have looked hopeless without these two playing, we have been unable to beat mediocre opposition. If you want to believe that Liverpool do not rely on Gerrard and Torres then you are beyond help. Against Arsenal Torres scored 2 goals so I don’t know where you got that from. Unfortunately, 3 games where the team plays out of its skin does not dictate a 38 game season.

Because any sort of player who has flair is unlikely to succeed under a manager who is obsessed with technicalities. Gerrard was a player rafa inherited, Torres is a great player but he would be great anywhere else. You have to question why players like Babel, Keane and Bellamy are unable to succeed under this manager. My feeling is he doesn’t let these players express themselves. The point I am making is Liverpool lack invention, this is something that a flair player brings none of the players you mentioned bar Torres and Gerrard can do this hence reliance!

Goals a game doesn’t suggest we play good football, we can thrash the hopeless crap at Anfield that doesn’t necessitate that we pass the ball well – too simplistic an understanding to measure it against something which is visual and not factual i.e. goals scored. You mention the United game, no one can argue against what was a great result but if you watch the game we scored via a pen, free kick and two long balls from the keeper – that doesn’t equal good football, a brilliant result nonetheless.

I have never rated Kuyt, he simply is not a good enough footballer to start for Liverpool fc, and when he is in poor form he is abysmal. As to the goals tally it was very impressive but people who are quick to suggest this always fail to mention the number of times he actually started up top last season. You mention Lennon, I think I would have Lennon over kuyt any day, his delivery is inconsistent (though on the evidence of the last match it is clearly improving), Kuyt fails to even get the ball under control yet alone worrying about finding a teammate.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha wtf

Ok here goes. For the mentally disabled:

1) Babel gave in-ter-view

2) In said in-ter-view he stated that Rafa only talked to him about defending, his positioning and when to track back and help out. He also stated that he should never let the full back past him.

Is that not understandable? Where in that does Rafa stifle skillful players? It clearly shows that he leaves a lot of the attacking game to the player's own instinct.

Nice of you to pick out one point after I shit all over the rest of your tripe. You knitpick little errors out of my posts and yet you can't see the shit you speak? Get a bit of fucking perspective or don't bother your ass mate. LFC does not need jumped up little know-it-alls that come out with one-liner put downs that have no research done to see if they are actually factually correct.

Are you Rafa Benitez??

Last season we had Alonso and Keane, this season we are using Lucas and N’Gog – I’ll let you work it out. This season we have looked hopeless without these two playing, we have been unable to beat mediocre opposition. If you want to believe that Liverpool do not rely on Gerrard and Torres then you are beyond help. Against Arsenal Torres scored 2 goals so I don’t know where you got that from. Unfortunately, 3 games where the team plays out of its skin does not dictate a 38 game season.

-----

Right. I made a mistake with Gerrard instead of Torres for the Arsenal game. Big fucking whopdeedoo. My point still remians but yet you ignore that and ramble on. Alonso wanted to leave, get over it. He was motivated by money, a fresh start and hurt by Rafa's previous summer of wanting rid for Barry. Rafa made a mistake there, but can't we wver get over it FFS! He wanted to sell an out of form Alonso, not the one of 08/09 season. And N'gog 4 goals 4 starts is a downgrade on Robbie 'it's all about me' airkick Keane. Keane was not good enough, end of. 3 games does not dictate a season, your right, so how did we end up with 86 pts with G+T playing only 14 together? We have looked just as hopeless with G+T this season as without. Check Chelsea and Fiorentina for proof. I am not going to start on Lucas because the shit he gets is unreal for the little he does wrong.

Because any sort of player who has flair is unlikely to succeed under a manager who is obsessed with technicalities. Gerrard was a player rafa inherited, Torres is a great player but he would be great anywhere else. You have to question why players like Babel, Keane and Bellamy are unable to succeed under this manager. My feeling is he doesn’t let these players express themselves. The point I am making is Liverpool lack invention, this is something that a flair player brings none of the players you mentioned bar Torres and Gerrard can do this hence reliance!

-----------------

More bollox. Rafa inherited a Gerrard that scored 6 goals a season excellent CM. He is now one of the best footballers in the world. Rafa moved him to RM. Everyone thought the knew better than Rafa. Gerrard scored 23 goals. 1 nil Rafa. Rafa moves Gerrard to SS and he gets criticised for only playing Torres up front. Gerrard beats his PB goals for the season again. 2 nil Rafa. And to think that there are still idiots out there that think Gerrard is a CM.

Keane, Bellamy and Babel are all quality players. Their mentality is their issue. They did go out and express themselves, that was their fucking problem, especially for Keane. He would drop to deep ruining the shape of the team. He would get in other people's way. He would miss (costly) sitters. He was always the centre of attention, whether on the field or on the bench. Just look at the form we produced when Keane was jettisoned. That was no coincidence, it was like a huge weight lifted from the club. Bellamy only has himself to blame.

Goals a game doesn’t suggest we play good football, we can thrash the hopeless crap at Anfield that doesn’t necessitate that we pass the ball well – too simplistic an understanding to measure it against something which is visual and not factual i.e. goals scored. You mention the United game, no one can argue against what was a great result but if you watch the game we scored via a pen, free kick and two long balls from the keeper – that doesn’t equal good football, a brilliant result nonetheless.

-----

I never said 'brilliant' football. Effective would be the right word. Arsenal play brilliant football and they win fuck all.

We don't pass the ball well? Despite having more possesion in every game we play apart from the United game? Despite have 2 CM who have over 90% pass succession rates? Despite having that scoring average whilst the injuries keep coming and coming. I think you are barking up the wrong tree mate. Our defense is the problem, not out attack. How many leads have we thrown away this season? I suppose that's Lucas' or N'Gog's fault is it? Get in tune, we have conceded more goals than boro' conceded all last season. Going forward is not an issue, especially considering we continue to create and score at a very healthy rate with the injuries we have had.

---------------

I have never rated Kuyt, he simply is not a good enough footballer to start for Liverpool fc, and when he is in poor form he is abysmal. As to the goals tally it was very impressive but people who are quick to suggest this always fail to mention the number of times he actually started up top last season. You mention Lennon, I think I would have Lennon over kuyt any day, his delivery is inconsistent (though on the evidence of the last match it is clearly improving), Kuyt fails to even get the ball under control yet alone worrying about finding a teammate.

You would rather have an inconsistent, less productive winger that rarely tracks back and is extremely one-demensional rather than one that produces the goals and assists, works hard, helps the full back and wins the ball back in countless dangerous positions? That my firend is the biggest pile of shit I have ever heard in my entire life. Yes Kuyt plays up front sometimes, so what. He was 6th top scorer in the PL last season. What fucking more do you want. Just becuase you 'never rated Kuyt' doesn't make you right, especially when the facts show the complete fucking opposite.

And no I'm not Rafa, I am a simple football fan that can gain a little perspective unlike yourself. Your claims have no substance and no back-up of fact. Your last paragraph is testament to that.

Do you think Eggnog is a better footballer than Robbie Keane?

If you had a choice between playing Keane and Eggnog tonight, who would you have picked?

Depends. If it was the Robbie Keane that played for Liverpool, then it would be N'gog every time. Robbie Keane that played for Spurs is a different matter, but then the pressure is not even comparable. Nor is it fair to compare a young, raw and clearly improving french under 21 with an experienced international.

Rafa never got the money to replace Keane, a player that wasn't even top of Rafa's summer of 2008 shopping list. But Parry thought he knew better and wasted a whole 19m on Keane. Astounding!

Depends. If it was the Robbie Keane that played for Liverpool, then it would be N'gog every time. Robbie Keane that played for Spurs is a different matter, but then the pressure is not even comparable. Nor is it fair to compare a young, raw and clearly improving french under 21 with an experienced international. Rafa never got the chance to replace Keane.

So Robbie kEane is less used to pressure than David Eggnog?

Depends. If it was the Robbie Keane that played for Liverpool, then it would be N'gog every time. Robbie Keane that played for Spurs is a different matter, but then the pressure is not even comparable. Nor is it fair to compare a young, raw and clearly improving french under 21 with an experienced international.

Rafa never got the money to replace Keane, a player that wasn't even top of Rafa's summer of 2008 shopping list. But Parry thought he knew better and wasted a whole 19m on Keane. Astounding!

This is total bollocks. Stop it.

Benitez wanted to sign Robbie Keane

Not at the expense of Barry. He wanted both or at the very least Barry. He did not want his whole summer budget blown on Robbie Keane. He is not worth that money and never was at any stage in his career. Rafa knew that, I knew that, you knew that and I'm sure Parry did as well, so it begs the question why Parry was so fucking eager to pay out our whole budget on him?

This is total bollocks. Stop it.

So, even know it has been common knowledge for a while, and Rafa confirmed it last week in his only ever interview with a paper since coming to England, you think you know better? Based on what exactly?

Did Rafa want Keane? Yes

Did he want him at the expense of Barry? No

Did he want him for the majoirty of his 2008 budget? No

Facts mate. Use them.

So Robbie kEane is less used to pressure than David Eggnog?

I didn't say that - quit with the misquoting. Robbie Keane couldn't deal with the pressure at Liverpool when he was an experienced international, while N'Gog is improving all the time and scoring goals. He was involved in out last 4 goals, despite being still a young and raw talent. Playing for Spurs and Liverpool is completely different. One is expected to win the League and CL every year, and the other is expected to do far less despite their squad costing more and there expenditure surpassing even Chelsea FFS!

I would take the Spurs Robbie Keane any day - well the 2006-07 one. That is not relaity though is it?

Not at the expense of Barry. He wanted both or at the very least Barry. He did not want his whole summer budget blown on Robbie Keane. He is not worth that money and never was at any stage in his career. Rafa knew that, I knew that, you knew that and I'm sure Parry did as well, so it begs the question why Parry was so fucking eager to pay out our whole budget on him?[/QUOTE]

Good Lord, this should be good

Was it because he thought Keane would be a good laugh around the place?

Disagreed with Rafa's plans to use Barry on the left?

Had an intrinisc distrust of people who have two first names?

I really want to see Ryan Babel leave at the first opportunity for as small a loss as possible. His signing was a colossal mistake.

I think your first prayer will be answered but no chance with your second ie a small loss.

Probably at least a 5m write off if were lucky

I am sure he will gone in Jan