You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will refer to my post during saturday game:

I fucking hope that his last game the useless good for nothing, no heart, ugly cunt. "Liverpool is the place for me". Fuck of Ryan! He has no qualities to be a liverpool player. Lets be having you Yossi.

I stand by it, even though I did get negged for it and called a cunt. Cant understand it taking so long for people to see him for what he is worth. Nothing.

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - News - Outspoken Ryan Babel opens up Liverpool FC exit after interview

Outspoken Babel opens up Reds exit

Nov 24 2009 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

RYAN BABEL is edging closer to the Anfield exit after launching an astonishing attack on manager Rafa Benitez and his team-mates.

The Dutchman, who misses tonight’s Champions League clash with Debrecen due to injury, insists Benitez is partly to blame for his failure to make the grade in the Premier League.

And the 22-year-old claims his progress has been hampered by the “selfish” attitude of some Reds stars.

Babel’s comments look set to be the final nail in his Liverpool career with Benitez likely to offload the under-achieving winger during the January transfer window.

“I have tried to talk to the manager but it isn't of any use,” Babel said.

“I couldn't really do anything with the feedback Benitez gave me.

“His philosophy is simple – try your hardest in training and then your chance will come. But sometimes I wonder how long I can sustain it.

“Many players can play lots of bad matches and still keep their credits – I can't.

“Benitez is not a man who will give you his trust straightaway. Benitez is a manager who in certain situations can do exactly the opposite of what you expect several times.

“Every time me or my agent (Willie Haatrecht) have a chat with him he stresses I can't leave and he believes in me.

“We have to trust he is telling the truth. Saying it is different to showing it. We have agreed to look at my situation during the winter break. If there's no improvement then, I have to be honest, I want to play somewhere else.

“I still want to stay at Liverpool. I just have the feeling, for many people, I still have to prove myself.

“I think that is unjustified and a pity. I have shown I can do it plenty of times. I know I could be further in my career but if nobody helps you, if they don't make it easier for you then it is difficult.

“In 2½ years with Liverpool I have never started three matches in a row.”

Babel, who has come off the bench 58 times out of his 105 Liverpool appearances, was also critical of his Anfield team-mates.

“All the forwards, they always live for their own success. It is hard for someone who isn't selfish by nature to act selfish,” he said.

“I don't know if my team-mates were shocked by my new character but I do notice once in a while they get confused.

“Normally I would pass the ball – now I take the shot myself more often. I see how they look at me with a face that says; 'Hey I am free!'

“But I'm not going to explain it any further because they don't give me any explanation when I ask for the ball.

“We have a lot of different cultures and on the pitch we are a tight group. But outside the pitch everyone goes their own way.

“The Spanish-speaking guys are very close. The youths hang out together. And I get along with Benayoun and Lucas.

“Dirk Kuyt? I don't really hang out with him. Dirk got accepted in the group of the Spanish-speaking players. He is very friendly with them and it looks as if he understands their jokes.”

Babel signed for £11.5million from Ajax in the summer of 2007 but after a promising first season, when he was voted Liverpool's Young Player of the Year, he has regularly failed to impress.

Guest Ronin47

imho , it looks like he is making sure he gets out January, I for one wil not be sad to see the back of him , i have given up defending him in the pub . I think Arsene Wenger said he didn't have the mental strength for the premiership ? . He may have flourished under the arsenal kids system , but sure he can still rap out a living in the Dutch league come January.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I'd love to thump this little shithouse, I'd honestly pay just to smack his toothy, chinless, rap loving head. I still can't quite believe this little shit cost us more than Alonso did.

He's clearly a fuckwit.

FUCK OFF BABEL YOU SHITTY RAPPING MEGA-TWAT! TRY BREAKING A FUCKING SWEAT AND YOU MIGHT GET INTO THE TEAM

Horrible little shit.

Fuck off Babel, you twittering little shit.

Fucking cunt.

IS THIS CNUT FOR REAL?????

Cunt of the highest order.

Babel is an insignificant little rapping piss ant who can go fuck himself with a wire brush.

you fucking crying cunt.

useless good for nothing, no heart, ugly cunt.

Our own player

Marvellous

Anyone would think we were talking about Gary Neville

Through the wind and rain, eh boys?

But he is clearly a fuckwit.

The fact he's a bit rubbish at football too, is just salt in the wound.

The personal abuse really doesn't rest easy with me

If he's not good enough, for whatever reason, fine, but does he really deserve the vitriol in this thread that should really be saved for Sunday

Makes a change from Lucas, I s'pose

If he doesn't put the shift in, we're entitled to it. If he was shit but working hard, then they'd have no right to say all that.

So he's lazy, or that would appear to be his style

That makes him a cunt?

It bollocks Cris, and it's not on, and has been pointed out, it's down to this "cunt" that we've still actually got a chance to qualify, albeit a slim one.

The fact he's a bit rubbish at football too, is just salt in the wound.

I disagree. The fact that he's good at football rubs salt in the wound.

I still quite like Babel.

He's got talent, and anyone who watched him score 10 goals in his first season can see that

He's got the talent, the first 12 months showed that, but the past 16 have showed that he won't apply work to that talent to make himself become good.

Surely this is one of them interviews which will be denied and explained as a dodgy translation? I know he isn't the cleverest of kids but I'd be astonished if he has actually said some of this stuff. Surely not

It's an interview that was given to the Dutch press, although I have no idea if it's available online or whether the untranslated version is as damning

It bollocks Cris, and it's not on, and has been pointed out, it's down to this "cunt" that we've still actually got a chance to qualify, albeit a slim one.

It doesn't, no. But on this forum the word gets banded about a bit too softly, so in that context, he is. He annoys me, and I don't like him for it. That makes him something that I cannot express, so let's just call that a cunt?

And maybe if this 'cunt' had shown some of his magic in previous games instead of once a year we'd have qualified already?