You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So should Carra have just let Bent run through, outpace our defence and score?

Jesus wept.

Bang on.

Carra will do anything to win and I for one am glad. Our team was too nice, I think Carra has rubbed off on alot of the players. Even Xabi's a cunt now that he grew that beard.

Comparing that to John Terry is ridiculous though, Carra simply tripped him. Terry would have tripped him, kneed him in the head and stood on his ankle. Then when he was confronted about it he'd have shit himself and got Fwank after him. Then he'd think about how upset he is over his Ma shagging Carra's relations.

Guest Dog Chaser
Bang on.

Carra will do anything to win and I for one am glad. Our team was too nice, I think Carra has rubbed off on alot of the players. Even Xabi's a cunt now that he grew that beard.

QUOTE]

Definately been more aggressive this year and is much sharper around players when getting to the ball first. It's debateable if its the masculine beard or not although Mascherano is usually rocking some stubble and on a cunt scale he's near the top. I bet Skrtel can grow a Mellberg style viking beard

Guest Deadbeat

joe strummer, what in the world are you thinking?

He stopped his mates , who sound like thugs, beating Lucas Neill up in public, when he was with one of Carras mates. How does he come out of that looking bad? He was the bigger man, you utter twat.

Jesus wept.

For me not enough of our players do this. Off the top of my head I can think of two instances last season when we should have took the player out.

The Arsenal League game at home Arbeloa (I think ) let Fabregas just run off him to link up and score when he could have tripped him taken the yellow card and regrouped.

Also the 2nd leg of the Champions League against Arsenal when Walcott made that run for the goal Auriellio could have taken him out at the start of the run it would have been a booking and Arsenal wouldnt have scored and Masch could have taken him out though I suspect if he hadnt been floating on a ban for 3 yellows he propbably would have.

It may be cynical but sometimes you have to do what it takes to win games.

Why is everyone giving Carra dogs abuse for tripping Bent? Bent laid the ball off then made his run, Carra anticipated this and tripped Bent, because Bent has pace and we were so high up he would have been through on goal. People on here are looking for ammunition to give Carra abuse on here and it's sad.

It's not exactly everyone, just two of us thought it was daft/annoying. I didn't actually think Bent was anywhere near causing a problem though, that's why I didn't like it, thought they were just past the halfway line....my memory is probably fucked though. (has anyone got coverage of that to check? Where exactly were they? I thought he was near the touchline about 45 yards away from goal at least.) As for looking for ammunition to give him abuse, well you can be certain I'm not doing that, he's one of my fave players, and easily my fave defender so far this season.

I was just a bit gobsmacked when I saw it, as I've not seen anyone do that in ages and with him being one of my fave players it just bugged me. I don't watch much football though apart from Liverpool, the odd Hull City match, and sometimes Barca. It probably happens every week.

The chipping away at Carra that's reappeared on here over the last twelve months is truly fucking bizarre.

You aswell? Two of us said something about one off the ball thing! It's hardly giving him loads of shit, and like I said, he's one of my fave players! I might seem a bit excited, but cutting down smoking plays it's part, and also that I like him so much. To think I have anything against him that makes me look for ways to dig him would be to totally get me wrong.

Edit : shit, you said 12 months, not just this thread. I'm really gonna have to spark up a fucking smoke shortly.

Jesus wept.

Yes! He should've let him score.

Nah I just thought he was way back from our goal, and didn't get why he actually did it.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Why is everyone giving Carra dogs abuse for tripping Bent? Bent laid the ball off then made his run, Carra anticipated this and tripped Bent, because Bent has pace and we were so high up he would have been through on goal. People on here are looking for ammunition to give Carra abuse on here and it's sad.

Not so long ago people were giving Alonso bollocks because he never hacked down Walcott in the Champiosn League game

People comparing Carra to Maldini etc. are fucking mental. I hate all this 'Oh he's better then him' bollocks that goes on over players that don't concern us. Maldini could be better then Carra and he could not be better then Carra. I wouldn't have taken him over Carra though. He's a perfect fit for our team and has been one of the most outstanding players to play for us in the last 20 years.

So fuck Maldini, fuck Baressi, fuck them all because we have Carra and I'm more then thankful to the footballing Gods for that.

For me not enough of our players do this. Off the top of my head I can think of two instances last season when we should have took the player out.

The Arsenal League game at home Arbeloa (I think ) let Fabregas just run off him to link up and score when he could have tripped him taken the yellow card and regrouped.

Also the 2nd leg of the Champions League against Arsenal when Walcott made that run for the goal Auriellio could have taken him out at the start of the run it would have been a booking and Arsenal wouldnt have scored and Masch could have taken him out though I suspect if he hadnt been floating on a ban for 3 yellows he propbably would have.

It may be cynical but sometimes you have to do what it takes to win games.

WHS and dont anyone think filth, arse and chavs have won titles without doing this.

The strange thing is though, just look at the stick Gerrard got last week from some posters on this site ie chrisbonnie, philburkhill et al in 'getting' a penalty during the Atletico game.

The Bent incident was off the ball firstly and I thought Carra was better than that. In relation to the Lucas Neil thing it seems he would have sanctioned the beating had David Thompson NOT been there which again is extremely twattish.

I don't dislike him by any means. Just don't love him as much as I use to.

I've been lurking in these forums for a long time and probably only posted once my entire time here since registering but i have to say something this time around bout our carra

In an era where people are being a bit touchy about `homegrown` players and lack of loyalty, honesty, class or even someone the fans can relate to and all that we should be lucky to have one of our own in Jamie Carragher. We're talking about a someone here who would run through brick walls and bleed RED for the cause of Liverpool FC!

Our Jamie's come through leaps and bounds since the Spiceboys era and no matter what's been thrown at him he'll always come back better than ever. People tend to take him for granted and i'd bet the same Reds will be praying for his return should he be unavailable for the team for a lengthy period of time. Did i mention he's also a decent player? World class even? At least to me anyway.

These comparisons of him with Maldini might be slightly off in terms of ability but i'd like to think that to LiverpoolFC, Carragher is a legend in his own right. So what if he's not rampaging up the field on a mazy dribble or surging down the wing a la Daniel Alves. As long as Carra goes on a bout his own business doing what he does best for us every week like he's done all his career we should all be supporting and giving him our very best in return. Maldini he may not be but for all those performances these last few years culminating in our recent successes like winning the treble and Istanbul, i think he's deserved it.

We all sing that we dream for a team of Carraghers! I'd like to think the football world would benefit more from having characters like our Jamie playing the game.

Jamie Carragher is a worldclass player who plays for the Mighty Reds. And as MLB pointed out correctly, he's also a Leg! Here's to Carra.

I've been lurking in these forums for a long time and probably only posted once my entire time here since registering but i have to say something this time around bout our carra

In an era where people are being a bit touchy about `homegrown` players and lack of loyalty, honesty, class or even someone the fans can relate to and all that we should be lucky to have one of our own in Jamie Carragher. We're talking about a someone here who would run through brick walls and bleed RED for the cause of Liverpool FC!

Our Jamie's come through leaps and bounds since the Spiceboys era and no matter what's been thrown at him he'll always come back better than ever. People tend to take him for granted and i'd bet the same Reds will be praying for his return should he be unavailable for the team for a lengthy period of time. Did i mention he's also a decent player? World class even? At least to me anyway.

These comparisons of him with Maldini might be slightly off in terms of ability but i'd like to think that to LiverpoolFC, Carragher is a legend in his own right. So what if he's not rampaging up the field on a mazy dribble or surging down the wing a la Daniel Alves. As long as Carra goes on a bout his own business doing what he does best for us every week like he's done all his career we should all be supporting and giving him our very best in return. Maldini he may not be but for all those performances these last few years culminating in our recent successes like winning the treble and Istanbul, i think he's deserved it.

We all sing that we dream for a team of Carraghers! I'd like to think the football world would benefit more from having characters like our Jamie playing the game.

Jamie Carragher is a worldclass player who plays for the Mighty Reds. And as MLB pointed out correctly, he's also a Leg! Here's to Carra.

repped for sense

Are you the forum Matt Le Tissier? Stroll around for most of the time not contributing much but then produce a moment of brilliance when it matters. Good post that.

I think Carragher is underated on the ball. If he had white boots and did a prancy little pose as he passed the ball people would think he was a good ball playing defender probably.

One of Carra's main strenghts is that he knows his weaknesses. One of these weaknesses (imho) is his abilities on the ball. That's why he from time to time puts the ball out for a throw or corner under pressure when others would have tried to keep the ball in play.

I don't think white boots would have changed that.

(Having said that, let me add; I wouldn't swap him for anyone, because his defesive ablities are absolutely tremendous.)