You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Peter Beardsley

Dicko

Some of these pampered kids on 20k a week without ever playing in the league can't handle a bollocking. In Beardo's day getting a rollicking and the rough treatment while training was the norm, and he was way more talented than these kids he's currently in charge of.

If Ronnie Moran was still around and coaching the youth players of today, I'd dare say he would be accused of bullying too such was his demanding style of coaching. 

Some of these pampered kids on 20k a week without ever playing in the league can't handle a bollocking. In Beardo's day getting a rollicking and the rough treatment while training was the norm, and he was way more talented than these kids he's currently in charge of.

If Ronnie Moran was still around and coaching the youth players of today, I'd dare say he would be accused of bullying too such was his demanding style of coaching. 

Bollocking a young player and telling him he should be good at Go Ape because he is black are two entirely separate things. 

• Upvote 3

Bollocking a young player and telling him he should be good at Go Ape because he is black are two entirely separate things.

I would have agreed with Baltar until I heard of the racial allegations. It seems strange that a man who played alongside Barnes while he was getting bananas thrown at him and being caller a n***er would not be racially aware. I'd like to think the allegations were false but its more than one occasion,it alleges.

• 1 year later...

U

41 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Fuck the scrawny little helmet - hate bullies 

I'd like to know the truth first before accusing him of anything.

Its either 'over privileged young players not caring about playing for a club thousands would give their limbs for' or 'former footballer believes racism and bigotry are genuine 'motivational tools' to gee up young players.' I don't read much into the sacking as they could simply want to avoid adverse publicity?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

U

I'd like to know the truth first before accusing him of anything.

Its either 'over privileged young players not caring about playing for a club thousands would give their limbs for' or 'former footballer believes racism and bigotry are genuine 'motivational tools' to gee up young players.' I don't read much into the sacking as they could simply want to avoid adverse publicity?

Fuck him. You don’t get sacked for bullying people by not being a bully. I’ve been in teams with bullies and they are toxic and don’t get sacked for nothing. Even if the kids are ‘snowflakes’ then you have to adapt your leadership/management style tonhwt the best out of them. That’s the way the world is now. The sign of a good manager/leader. 

• 2 years later...
On 07/03/2019 at 05:44, Ginny said:

Fuck him. You don’t get sacked for bullying people by not being a bully. I’ve been in teams with bullies and they are toxic and don’t get sacked for nothing. Even if the kids are ‘snowflakes’ then you have to adapt your leadership/management style tonhwt the best out of them. That’s the way the world is now. The sign of a good manager/leader. 

These things within businesses can be political,although I am not saying that that is the case here. I'd still like to hear his side of the story though.