You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

man of the match - Game 19 - West Bromich Albion - Home - PL

Morse

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/ Keane - great, confident display. That's the player Rafa thought we would be getting

2/ Arbeloa - he's been excellent the last half-dozen games. Really solid and always willing going forward.

3/ Carra - superb.

Same here.

Same as Teach, who is on a roll this morning.

I tell you what always surprises me is when people pick a centre half as one of their top three in a match where there wasn't a huge amount of defensive work to be done. They're not all mopes, either - Jules went for Carra at number three.

I thought Carra had a good game and came forward - as well as across to the right to cover for Albert - pretty well. However, I can't see beyond the players who were instrumental in the goals and main attacking threats after a largely one-sided affair like this was.

Edited by Paul

Guest PaddyBerger15
I tell you what always surprises me is when people pick a centre half as one of their top three in a match where there wasn't a huge amount of defensive work to be done. They're not all mopes, either - Jules went for Carra at number three.

I thought Carra had a good game and came forward - as well as across to the right to cover for Albert - pretty well. However, I can't see beyond the players who were instrumental in the goals and main attackin threats after a largely one-sided affair like this was.

Yep, I'm climbing right into bed with that.

I thought Carra had a good game and came forward - as well as across to the right to cover for Albert - pretty well. However, I can't see beyond the players who were instrumental in the goals and main attackin threats after a largely one-sided affair like this was.

Do you not think that one of the reasons It was a one sided affair was the performance Carra put in. Its not as if they came and played for a draw.

You say "instrumental in the goals" yet no room for Dirk in your top three. Apart from the usual graft he put in his link up play was excellent and he played a big part in two of the goals. Oppinions eh.

To be fair to Nick who else has nominated Agger?

He still looks shakey defensively at the moment although I'm convinced he'll put that right. It's hardly suprising how long he was out for.

I read somewhere that Agger had made a big mistake that gave West Brom a big scoring opportunity, I did not see that one as I probably was at the toilet in the pub that exact moment, but I think he had a good game overall.

I went with the goalscorers for the two next spots in my list, but overall I thought we were poor and no one really stood out for me.

Do you not think that one of the reasons It was a one sided affair was the performance Carra put in. Its not as if they came and played for a draw.

You say "instrumental in the goals" yet no room for Dirk in your top three. Apart from the usual graft he put in his link up play was excellent and he played a big part in two of the goals. Oppinions eh.

No, I said "instrumental in the goals and main attacking threat". On Carra and the way they played, I thought they showed almost nothing and Carra was able to play within himself; he certainly wasn't extended to any degree. And as for opinions, that was my whole point.

Agger made a daft mistake, it was in the first half if I remember correctly. He just did not concentrate and was a bit sloppy, he's still finding his way back after a very long time though.

It's going to be one hell of a tough call when all four centre backs are fit, we have the best four in the country by a mile.