You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you buy the fanzine?

Paul

I buy the TLW fanzine...  

126 members have voted

1. 1. I buy the TLW fanzine...

• On subscription and buy every issue.
    • On freebie for contributing to it in some way and read every issue.
    • At the match and buy every issue.
    • At the match and buy most issues.
    • At the match occasionally.
    • On line most issues.
    • On line occasionally.
    • I've never bought it, but I've read it.
    • I've never read it.
    • Other (I can't think what this might be, but I just wanted a nice round number of options)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cycled to wh smiths in birkenhead from wallasey but it wasn't their early on in the week so I'm hopeful for getting it at the match today, I do get it yes from smiths or at the match.

Birkenhead Smiths fucked me off as they said there's not much shelf space and those that are on there now are paying for the space or something. For the 20 mags they sold every issue I wasn't really arsed, as it saves me the travel.

It's in Lime Street and Liverpool One Smiths, although the Liverpool One shop is tiny and sells less than Church Street did unfortunately.

Birkenhead Smiths fucked me off as they said there's not much shelf space and those that are on there now are paying for the space or something. For the 20 mags they sold every issue I wasn't really arsed, as it saves me the travel.

It's in Lime Street and Liverpool One Smiths, although the Liverpool One shop is tiny and sells less than Church Street did unfortunately.

It was fucking shite anyway, they used to put them in a shite position, on a shelf where you couldn't often see them, obscured by magazines next to them and the way the shelf above overhangs.

It was fucking shite anyway, they used to put them in a shite position, on a shelf where you couldn't often see them, obscured by magazines next to them and the way the shelf above overhangs.

That's the problem in the other shops too. Other mags pay them for prominent shelf space, so I get what's left. When I first started TLW, Lime Street used to have them on the counter every matchday, and they sold around two and a half times what they do now.

Problem is I can't tell them what to do, I just have to get on with it. The worst was the airport, they would only sell it on the groundfloor in arrivals, even though they could have sold shitloads if they'd put them in departures. They wouldn't do it though, so I fucked it off as it wasn't worth the travelling.

Whats with that new WH Smiths in Liverpool 1 aswell, its tiny. The old one was well better.

Yeah it's shite, they sell half what the Church Street shop did. They moved there because the rent is miles cheaper. There's a reason for that though, it's because it's half the size of the old shop and it's in a shit location.

Thanks to Pauls prompting and in particular my desire to read the article about the Acadmey, I've now resubscribed, my last one ran out about 18 months ago. Otherwise I contribute to teh site through donations etc.

My suggestion to Dave, is that he offers an online PDF version for the international forumites and beyond to the new emerging markets inthe far east etc, could even do the TLW in Indian or Chinese but I know he's not been able to find a cost effective way of doing it. Anyone work in this area who has any ideas ?