You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just read the article in the mag about the academy. Its hard to believe that could be happening at ANY proffesional football club let alone LFC. What a f***ing mess.

Rafas stubbon/ruthless streak is really starting to reflect in the first team, to great effect in recent games, but I bet he's a right tetchy moody bastard to work with every day. He's probably like it 24/7.

I can picture him plonking himself down next to Hyypia at lunchtime in the canteen, all smiles........until he notices sami's got more peas than him, then his face goes that funny red colour in the cheeks like it does when we lose a game and the rest of the meal is eaten in silence.

Next thing you know sami's left out of the champions league squad.

And he doesnt talk to the chef for a year.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the article in the mag about the academy. Its hard to believe that could be happening at ANY proffesional football club let alone LFC. What a f***ing mess.

Rafas stubbon/ruthless streak is really starting to reflect in the first team, to great effect in recent games, but I bet he's a right tetchy moody bastard to work with every day. He's probably like it 24/7.

I can picture him plonking himself down next to Hyypia at lunchtime in the canteen, all smiles........until he notices sami's got more peas than him, then his face goes that funny red colour in the cheeks like it does when we lose a game and the rest of the meal is eaten in silence.

Next thing you know sami's left out of the champions league squad.

And he doesnt talk to the chef for a year.

Genius!

To be honest I thought there wasn't much in it we haven't heard before on here, and it still doesn't explain why Rafa has been contacting young players urging them to join the academy.

I don't know why Rafa is getting all the blame, it seems to me that Parry is the problem.

To be honest I thought there wasn't much in it we haven't heard before on here, and it still doesn't explain why Rafa has been contacting young players urging them to join the academy.

I don't know why Rafa is getting all the blame, it seems to me that Parry is the problem.

Yeah. Parry does look like the kind of guy that would eat a lot of peas.

Rafa is refusing to play any academy players or give them any kind of chance.

Rafa is refusing to play any academy players or give them any kind of chance.

Which Academy players should be in our team? Darby was on the bench for Atletico away, Spearing has been on the bench too. Several academy players regularly train with the first team.

There's obviously some tension between Rafa and the Academy, but that seems to be down to Parry and his fuck ups more than anything else.

Which Academy players should be in our team? Darby was on the bench for Atletico away, Spearing has been on the bench too. Several academy players regularly train with the first team.

There's obviously some tension between Rafa and the Academy, but that seems to be down to Parry and his fuck ups more than anything else.

Who from the academy has played for the first team for more than about 2 minutes? No one as far as I know, if dross like Degen and Lucas can get a go, why not Spearing and Darby who have impressed a lot of people? I think you're wearing the blinkers here, this isn't just my opinion, its the opinion of a shit load of people at the Academy and for good reason.

Degen has been nothing short of a waste of time and money, who the hell will buy him?

You know this how? He's hardly been given any time on the pitch...

And on a different note, Lucas may not be setting the world alight, but Spearing has been pretty shit this season as well, and that's at a lower level...

Because we bought a crock, and he has been a crock. Waste.

Well, you don't like Degen for why exactly? For being shit? But then, he hasn't really had the time to prove his worth has he? He could still prove to a Riera-like signing, who wasn't the most welcome to say the least. Or is it as you say for being a crock, but then you might as well change your avatar.

I've said it before but the Academy situation needs to be resolved by the owners. The problem is essentially between the Manager and Chief Executive so the only solution must come from above them.

If Hicks and Gillett are so intent on sticking around for a long time then why aren't they working on a resolution? They have been at the club almost 2 years now and the Acedemy situation has become no better (from what I can see), they have had time to work on it and to fully resolve it even, but they haven't. Why not? Are they aware of the issues? I'd certainly hope they are. If they are, then why aren't they sorting it?

To me it's either an example of how bad they are as owners, or an indication that they are preparing to sell up as they blatantly don't give a fuck.

Who from the academy has played for the first team for more than about 2 minutes? No one as far as I know, if dross like Degen and Lucas can get a go, why not Spearing and Darby who have impressed a lot of people? I think you're wearing the blinkers here, this isn't just my opinion, its the opinion of a shit load of people at the Academy and for good reason.

Where do Pacheco and Nemeth (When not injured) train ?

While you may be right, I think Maldini is spot on, there is tension, always has been, but just because they aren't playing doesnt mean Rafa WONT play them. Do you not remember John Welsh and Dave Raven ? Coincidentally a RB and CM. It's only a few seasons since the exact same things were being said about them, where are they now ? They werent good enough, thats why they werent played.

Last season a thread on here asked why Plessis and Insua werent in the first team, as they were playing great for the ressies, again this was used as a criticism of Rafa and yet this year, now Plessis has played a few times, people have forgotten that and moved on.

Furthermore, people expect us to challange for a title and then expect us to do it with the likes of Plessis, Lucas, Ngog, Spearing or Darby on the bench. Now they are all young all kids and to me it matters not where they come from but how good they are but ultimatley the real issue isnt which one of them is on the bench or getting a chance, its that, in the league, were scrabbling about looking at which one of these players to have on the bench whilst United have Andersen and Hargreaves on their bench, 38m worth of 'talent' or at Chelsea, where they have the likes of Ballack and Essien ready to come back into the squad.

Furthermore, people expect us to challange for a title and then expect us to do it with the likes of Plessis, Lucas, Ngog, Spearing or Darby on the bench.

It's like that episode of the Simpsons, were Agnes Skinner is telling the bagboy to "put all my shopping in one bag, but I don't want that bag to be heavy."