Quantcast
Man of the match - game 18 - Atletico Madrid - Home - CL - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Morse

Man of the match - game 18 - Atletico Madrid - Home - CL

Liverpool

25 Reina

17 Arbeloa

23 Carragher

05 Agger

12 Aurelio

20 Mascherano (77 Lucas )

14 Alonso

18 Kuyt

08 Gerrard

11 Riera (61 Babel )

07 Keane (71 Ngog )

Thanks.

1. Alonso , by some distance.

2. Agger, unlucky not to score.

3. Carra, had a decent game and no one else deserved it.

I must admit Im probably too critical and expect far too much of Xabi...as it seems everyone has him as top performer. You cant all be wrong can you?

Off course you can. :whistle:

I thought Arbeloa did well. There were times in the second where he had acres of space, but we tried to push through the middle. Carra was his usual self, and Agger did well, when he did`nt waste chances galore. Especially that volley from 5 yards should be a goal. And he needs to be more agressive defending. The way he just backed off when Madrid scored was not good. Pepe did`nt do anything wrong, but then again he was more or less unemployed out there.

Seeing all the other votes I realise Xabi was motm, but since he doesnt need my vote to win this poll i`ll go for my initial feeling.

Arbeloa

Carragher

Agger

1. Alonso - Was the only one who stayed calm throughout. Great vision.

2. Arbeloa - Non-stop. Pretty creative and linked up with Gerrard well.

3. Carragher - Solid as always. I actually think Agger let him down a bit today with some of his positional play, which goes for the Chief as well, strangely. Love watching Agger on the attack though - very welcome back in the first team, so he gets an honourable mention.

1. Alonso. Back to his creative best. Having a great season so far.

2. Arbeloa. Looked really, really good tonight. Almost a tie with Alonso for me.

3. Carragher. Goal apart, looked solid AND cool and put in one or two goalsaving tackles/interceptions. Terrific turn and shot too!

Gerrard NEARLY played killer through balls so many times and was thus NEARLY brilliant, but did get us the point, so he has to get the Hon. Mention.

I see Agger getting loads of votes, but I thought he was dire defensively. Had four good chances to score, and a couple of them were criminal.

I don't agree with the Agger votes myself, 5 chances he squandered, be he a centre half or not.

Gerrard

Alonso

Arbeloa