Quantcast
Man of the match - game 18 - Atletico Madrid - Home - CL - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Morse

Man of the match - game 18 - Atletico Madrid - Home - CL

1. Alonso - alawyas available, looking for the pass
  2. Arbeloa - very good game from Bob
  3. Carra - In impressive form. Wrong footed for the goal, but otherwise excellent

Arbeloa

Carra

Kuyt

I really don't see what Alonso offered yesterday: possession is fine but you need to do something with it, and for me he was back to his frustrating and uncreative best. There's a fine line between being unhurried and being slow, and he slowed us down too much - not enough urgency, either defensively or going forward. Maybe I expect too much from him, but i thought his second-half performance was inadequate given we were chasing the game. Still, I'm clearly in a minority here (although I do think some on here vote for him regardless - maybe because he can make the game seem so easy, maybe out of loyalty for the summer?)

Alonso

Agger

Arbeloa - Although if we'd have switched the play when he was in acres of space more often he'd probably of taken the number 2 slot.

Result: Atletico Madrid - Home - CL

1. Alonso.....................................415 votes........................5 points

2. Agger......................................176 votes........................3 points

3. Arbeloa....................................114 votes........................1 point.

All sites had Alonso as MOM.

YNWA had Agger then Gerrard.

ST and 6CM had Agger then Arbeloa.

Est1892 had Agger then Carra.

TLW had Carra then Arbeloa.

Current standings:

1. Alonso.................4 first...2 second...4 third..............30 points

2. Gerrard................2 first...3 second...2 third..............21 points

3. Reina..................2 first...2 second.............................16 points

4. Carragher.............2 first...2 second...........................16 points

5. Kuyt....................2 first...1 second...2 third................15 points

6. Torres.................2 first...1 second.............................13 points

7. Mascherano..........2 first............................................. 10 points

8. Arbeloa................1 first...1 second...1 third..................9 points

9. Riera.....................2 second...2 third............................8 points

10.Agger....................1 first...1 second..............................8 points

11.Skrtel..................2 second...1 third..............................7 points

12.Hyypia..................1 second...1 third..............................4 points

13.El Zhar.................1 third............................................. ..1 point

14.Dossena...............1 third............................................. 1 point

15.Babel...................1 third............................................. ..1 point

16.Pennant................1 third............................................. 1 point

17.Keane...................1 third............................................. .1 point.

Thanks for voting

Great work as usual Morse.

Also a special thanks because you added the number of times each player gets into the top 3 and the standings each player actually gets during the season, not only the points.