You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well his car was a lot less reliable than the supposedly identical car of Rosberg.

I doubt that Mercedes have been favouring Rosberg, there are bound to be variances in the quality of components and Hamilton has been unlucky this season with that. 

Hamilton did get himself into a 19 point lead and if he hadn't had multiple poor starts which have cost him races this season he would have won the championship.

Hamilton just comes across as such a bitching prima donna. 

Hamilton is a whinging little cunt.

He did nothing wrong today though.

yeah his tactics where good , but i think he miss-timed it by about 5 laps, if he had got all 4 cars together (i.e slowed down earlier) for 5 more laps at the end things would have got very interesting .

Germans backing Germans. There's a surprise. Mercedes had already won the constructors championship ages ago so telling Hamilton to speed up because they needed to win was for Rosberg not Hamilton. Shitty components and dodgy motors for Hamilton. Faultless motor for Rosberg. They don't want you there Lewis but don't want to fire you. Leave before one dodgy motor too many puts you in wall like Senna.

Germans backing Germans. There's a surprise. Mercedes had already won the constructors championship ages ago so telling Hamilton to speed up because they needed to win was for Rosberg not Hamilton. Shitty components and dodgy motors for Hamilton. Faultless motor for Rosberg. They don't want you there Lewis but don't want to fire you. Leave before one dodgy motor too many puts you in wall like Senna.

Hasn't Hamilton had the best cars in past seasons himself?

Guest Pistonbroke

You obviously don't follow F1 closely, the rest of your post is just sour grapes. 

Criticism of Hamilton after he made the end of the season genuinely tense and exciting to watch is ridiculous. Maybe they should call off the whole competitive angle and just make it into a parade of pretty cars... he had every right to ask as many questions of rosberg as possible and Nico came through, this deserving to take the championship.

If anything he should have backed it up earlier, but I guess he was hoping rosberg would get into trouble on his own.

So if Rosberg wasnt the better driver why the fuck would they risk the title fucking over the othee driver.

The crying little cunt didnt win and was happy to blame the team and then would habe been happy had another team win the constructers championship because he didn't win. He is a fucking petulant child.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

They both are, we had the same shit last season with role reversal. They both deserve to be in the same team, it's just a pity they are in the team who have the upper hand. 

Anybody saying that a team deliberately put inferior parts on someones car clearly knows absolutely fuck all about how top level motorsport works, how parts for motorsport are manufactured and the way the cars are put together.

We manufacture some parts that go into F1 and WRC, there aren't tolerances to the extent you have in a road car, if something is even a fraction out of tolerance it's scrapped. Parts are even x-rayed in some cases to ensure the quality is consistent.

Besides the obvious safety issue of knowingly putting on a part you think might break the reality is every top level team wants to finish 1st and 2nd in every race or rally.

• Upvote 3

As somebody who hates motorsport,F1 appears to depend largely on the car and much less on the driver than it used to. I'm sure there are around a dozen or so capable drivers but only 2 or 3 who actually have a real chance of winning due to the cars they drive. I also imagine that image and advertising appeal play a big part in who hires who as well.

As somebody who hates motorsport,F1 appears to depend largely on the car and much less on the driver than it used to. I'm sure there are around a dozen or so capable drivers but only 2 or 3 who actually have a real chance of winning due to the cars they drive. I also imagine that image and advertising appeal play a big part in who hires who as well.

Car is hugely important in all forms, I never drove anything single seater because rallying was always of more interest to me but even in one make series the cars aren't as identical as you might think. 

But from rallying terms pretty much anyone can be shown how to drive a WRC spec car quickly. Driving it on it's limit is a very different thing though, I've sat in cars with enough people who have actual talent to know that while I can be competitive on my day they definitely have something that I don't. 

The general consensus (from engineer feedback) is basically that getting 90% out of a WRC is easy, the final 10% is what makes the likes of Loeb different. 

Re the advertising / image side of things, a large proportion of drives are effectively funded by the driver themselves even at the top level and it's all a bit convoluted. In basic terms most of it's part of a package, i.e. driver brings in x amount of sponsorship and that is factored into how much they get paid but essentially the driver is paying themselves, just it's done via a convoluted path of a team gets sponsorship which is brought by the drivers backers and then the driver salary is linked to that. 

That's about as well as I can explain it without giving specifics. Obviously there are exceptions to that but you have to be supremely talented to just be paid for it and there are very few actual paid drives. 

Good example is to say look at someone like Carlos Sainz (senior and rally driver not his F1 driving son) who was almost always in teams which carried Repsol livery etc. 

Specifically in rallying you'll also have satellite teams who are what we would class as "works blessed" so they get the car and parts either loaned or given and some technical support but the rest of it is funded by the satellite teams drivers/sponsors.

Or say in touring cars back in the 80s and 90s where you would have the Rouse Sport team which is close to being the official Ford UK team but effectively runs on it's own or the Sytner / Prodrive BMWs. 

• Upvote 1

Someone like Lewis Hamilton maybe?

You're just being picky there Adam, you know exactly what I meant.

In Hamilton's case he's just making excuses. Which is standard fare from the basic club level shit that I do right the way to the boys who can drive properly. 

The idea the team deliberately sabotaged him is fucking ludicrous.