You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Red Shift said:

What.A.Joke.

I quit watching F1 back in about 2002 after Mika retired. It was clear to me that the sensational racing of the seasons thru to 99 were never going to return.

F1 is clearly a joke sport now.

I've watched it for the past 27 years and yesterday was thr last straw for me. 

I've seen some dark times and questionable decisions through the years but that yesterday was enough to make my mind up to fuck it off. 

It's no longer about winning on the track and more about TV ratings and making a sensation. 

People off track are making on thr fly decisions and its ruined it. I mean if a car so much as touches another one now they get a 5 or 10 second drive through penalty. 

The racing has been diluted so much now that it's shit. Might see what IndyCar has to offer. 

For countless reasons, and from a very early stage this season, decisions have been made that absolutely reigned-in Mercedes and Lewis. That's made for a very close season of racing, albeit more than a little contrived. 

The farcical situation at Yas was a whole new level. 

The narrative has largely been a David and Goliath scenario. It's false. This David was armed with surface-to-air missiles. 

Nobody enjoys seeing a race end under the Safety Car, although many previous races have. A red flag, followed by a one-lap sprint might have been a viable alternative. The option chosen was the worst of all worlds. What we saw on that last lap was two similar racing yachts on the same stretch of water, in the same wind conditions, setting off on a four-mile sprint. One yacht had half its sails taken away; by the organisers.

The TV audience won, and for many - especially Verstappen supporters - that appears to be a "good thing". Unfortunately F1, and by association, motorsport generally, were the losers.

Many of you know I've been involved in motorsport as a driver and a coach for many years now (despite being only 23). I've officiated at race meetings. I have not heard a single one of my motorsport friends and colleagues say anything other than the race result was a disgrace to the sport. It should never have happened.

What a shame. 

• Upvote 12

13 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I'm surprised we didn't see some Schumacher shit housery from Lewis on the final lap with him knowing the FIA had screwed him.   

But he had everything to lose and nothing to gain. If he had driven into Verstappen and took them both out then Verstappen still would have won the title. It was an impossible situation for Hamilton and Michael Masi and that uber-turd Horner both knew it.  

15 hours ago, Mike D said:

Indy car is decent, I watched all last season and thought it was really good.

Yeah will definitely be taking a look thanks. With regards to your previous post the events that took place on Sunday were a total disgrace to f1 and the FIA. 

I'm not Hamilton fan and infact I don't have a favourite driver and haven't since Schumacher / Hakkinen days and I just love watching the races unfold and thr excitement unfolding 

Such a shame the sport has come to this and has put me right off it now the fact one person can basically do what they want and make the rules up as they go. 

There is no consistency or fair sport In it.

F1 died on Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

They're stopping Wolff and Horner from speaking straight to the race director from next season. Brawn says it puts them under undue pressure. Wonder if Masi will survive this after all.

They should just stop Horner from speaking, period. Everyone's a winner then.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lario said:

Is there anything being said about Hamilton gaining about 10 car lengths on the first corner while off the track?

Or are all the officials against him*?

* - except for then.

He gave back the advantage almost immediately. That's why nothing more was made of it.

5 minutes ago, Lario said:

Is there anything being said about Hamilton gaining about 10 car lengths on the first corner while off the track?

Or are all the officials against him*?

* - except for then.

It was deemed he was forced off the track and he gave the advantage straight back. I believe Verstappen had also slowed down though to let Perez  get close so Hamilton would be under pressure from Perez if he had to let him passed.

Like others am no great Hamilton fan and if the rules under safety car had been followed it would have been unfortunate but thems the rules and everyone knew them before hand and its tough titty it happened so late in the race. The problem is having a set of rules and then allowing 1 man to have the power to overule and just applies his own rules.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

He did my head in on drive to survive, such a snivelling whining twat.

I didn't mind him before that but now he boils my piss everytime I hear his voice

I hated his irritatingly smug face from day one, and as time passed i realised he also had an equally nauseating personality to go with it. 

I did laugh at the caption that Sky threw up when they interviewed his wife (why?) at the end of the race on Sunday. "Geri Horner - Singer & Songwriter"  

• Upvote 1

Suspected it might go this way. They were never getting the moment back, and they've cast enough shade on the legitimacy of this title. Probably figure it'll keep a fire lit in Hamilton too, as he chases that record. I doubt he'd want it handed to him months later in a court battle. Think of the Calciopoli scandal, despite it all, no one really thinks of Inter as 05/06 title winners, they just remember seasons that were besmirched by scandal. 

• 2 months later...