You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

19 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Never really understood the hate, to be honest.

Does a fair bit for charity, seems to have his heart in the right place on social and environmental issues, and treats his dog well.

He's arrogant, petulant and false. He's from Stevenage but talks like he's from Malibu. Oh and he's a cheat. 

Bloody good driver like. Just not my cup of tea as a human being. Plenty of grade a cunts do charity work and care about the environment. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He's arrogant, petulant and false. He's from Stevenage but talks like he's from Malibu. Oh and he's a cheat. 

Bloody good driver like. Just not my cup of tea as a human being. Plenty of grade a cunts do charity work and care about the environment. 

That's about where I'm at. I just remember Rosberg having to follow team orders for that gobshite constantly. As soon as Rosberg had the chance to win a race and dick features was told to follow team orders it was "I'm not doing that for Nico!".

It shows how much F1 is now all about "shaving 4/10ths of a second", "making the tyres last for 3 more laps", or "DRS" and other such statto bollocks, that people are losing their shit over an incident that involved two drivers, you know, racing. Yes it resulted in a massive shunt for Verstappen but it is hardly like the Schumacher/Hill or Prost/Senna stuff from years gone by, where one of the drivers deliberately went out of his way to stop the other gaining World Championship points whatever the cost.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Trumo said:

It shows how much F1 is now all about "shaving 4/10ths of a second", "making the tyres last for 3 more laps", or "DRS" and other such statto bollocks, that people are losing their shit over an incident that involved two drivers, you know, racing. Yes it resulted in a massive shunt for Verstappen but it is hardly like the Schumacher/Hill or Prost/Senna stuff from years gone by, where one of the drivers deliberately went out of his way to stop the other gaining World Championship points whatever the cost.

And you think Hamilton is above that? You're a kinder man than I am.

Hamilton knew there was a good chance there'd be contact, and any contact would lead to a crash. It's how certain drivers operate, they take the chance they could crash out, but it often forces opponents to give them space rather than squeezing them out. It's a 200mph game of chicken; Verstappen has done enough of it, Schumacher would do it too. All exciting wheel to wheel drivers get called reckless.

It'll be interesting to see how Max responds in the coming races.

8 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

And you think Hamilton is above that? You're a kinder man than I am.

I didn't say that. My point is about people making yesterday's incident far more than it really was. I'd be saying exactly the same thing if the roles were reversed.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

I didn't say that. My point is about people making yesterday's incident far more than it really was. I'd be saying exactly the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Fair enough.

One other thing on this - I've just seen that Hamilton has been racially abused over that incident. Now I'm happy to call him a cunt, but people need to knock this racism shit off!

I think he's a cunt because of his arrogant attitude, fuck all to do with his skin colour, he'd still be a cunt if he was white or even pink with blue spots!

43 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fair enough.

One other thing on this - I've just seen that Hamilton has been racially abused over that incident. Now I'm happy to call him a cunt, but people need to knock this racism shit off!

I think he's a cunt because of his arrogant attitude, fuck all to do with his skin colour, he'd still be a cunt if he was white or even pink with blue spots!

Yep. Racist twats 

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Hamilton knew there was a good chance there'd be contact, and any contact would lead to a crash. It's how certain drivers operate, they take the chance they could crash out, but it often forces opponents to give them space rather than squeezing them out. It's a 200mph game of chicken; Verstappen has done enough of it, Schumacher would do it too. All exciting wheel to wheel drivers get called reckless.

It'll be interesting to see how Max responds in the coming races.

Schumacher was less of a wheel to wheel driver in title fights, more of a straight up cheat. No room for a discussion where he was concerned. If you were taking it from him, he was taking you out. Imagine if he’d got away with it again against Villeneuve. He very nearly did. Absolute bastard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Schumacher was less of a wheel to wheel driver in title fights, more of a straight up cheat. No room for a discussion where he was concerned. If you were taking it from him, he was taking you out. Imagine if he’d got away with it again against Villeneuve. He very nearly did. Absolute bastard. 

His "stalling" at Monaco in qualifying was the peak of shithouse behaviour. You have to grudgingly admire such dedication.

I'm on pole, I think I'll park here.

I fucking hated Schumacher, he definitely had launch software running against FIA rules in his car. 

There was this that I fucking hated him for too. 

While it all seemed a straightforward victory for Michael Schumacher and his Ferrari, the stewards had other plans for him. The stewards felt that he overtook Alexander Wurz under the safety car on lap 43 and handled him a stop and go penalty. Now this is where Ferrari’s smartness came in. According to the rules, he had to enter the pit lane within three laps. He did come into the pit lane to serve his penalty but came in the last lap and while doing so, crossed the finish line! The finish line actually extended over the pit lane. Schumi inadvertently crossed the finish line while entering the pits. He was declared the 1998 British GP race winner, much to Hakkinen’s chagrin!

But, clearly he didn’t serve his penalty within the race distance, which meant he should have been disqualified. He held the top spot on the podium during the post race celebrations but was summoned to the FIA later. Ferrari defended their decision stating that the stewards failed to notify the Ferrari pit wall within the time limit for doing so. Ferrari was pretty quick in finding the loophole and in return got the penalty cancelled. It was a very smart move by Ferrari, a very smart victory indeed. Ferrari got the call right, the stewards got it wrong, and in return had their license revoked.

Schumacher fan or not, you’ve got to agree the victory didn’t belong to him. Although Hakkinen made a lot many mistakes to deserve the victory himself, Ferrari very cleverly used the loophole in the handbook to steer clear over the penalty and ultimately show their upper hand over FIA.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Hamilton wins his 100th grand prix.

Huge shame that Lando Norris got kiboshed by his own team having been brilliant all weekend. He really should have had a podium finish.

Yeah, was looking nailed on for the win until the rain came. Hamilton wouldn't have passed him in the dry i think. Biggest winner is max. Last to 2nd, after having a new engine fitted that Hamilton will have to use before the end of the season,thus starting himself at the back of the grid. Should've been a 10 point lead at least. Now its only 2

All sorts of things going on here that I've missed. 

Blaming Hamilton for the crash at Copse during the Silverstone round is really quite a call and about as far from reality as possible. I know that bend intimately. If I were being really harsh, I'd apportion 20% of the blame to Lewis, and 80% to Max - because there was a degree of "racing incident" involved. But I'm afraid I'm being unfair on Lewis here. Max was almost wholly to blame, no doubt. 

I read no mention of the Monza incident where, undoubtedly, Max was entirely to blame. 

Today at Sochi, Red Bull chose to take an engine penalty at the same time they had a grid penalty (for the Monza incident); effectively taking no penalty for causing the crash. I know this loophole is being reviewed. 

I don't particularly like Lewis. I don't dislike him either. He's a very good driver in what has been the best car up until about 12 months ago, where now the Red Bull is arguably as good or better. I don't particularly like or dislike Max. He's a very good driver in a very good - perhaps even now the best - car. He's certainly petulant, but that's no crime. Certainly there are other young drivers who are as good but also come across better. Throwing gloves, steering wheels, and kicking tyres are all fair enough but as a rule, more fitting to a junior kart meeting than all-too-frequently at an F1 race. 

Really sorry for Lando today. I'm not sure Lewis would have beaten him had it stayed dry. It's clear the Mercedes isn't at its best when closely following another car. Lando was clear in saying that he made the call to stay out when the team were suggesting he pit for Inters. Of course hindsight is 20/20 vision. One of those situations where in P2, Lewis had nothing to lose by pitting, whereas Lando in P1, had the race to lose. Lando's time will come. He's a downright lovely guy and a very good driver in an improving car. He's certainly making Daniel work. 

• 2 months later...

I’m not the biggest F1 fan these days, but I watched the race on Sunday and enjoyed it very much. 

What a situation now, going into the last weekend. Dead level on points but Hamilton has won one less race. Verstappen could do a Schumacher and wipe Hamilton out to win the championship. 

Verstappen is unfortunately more of a petulant little bellend than Hamilton, so I’m hoping our man beats him in dramatic fashion. 

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

I hope Verstappen wins and Hamilton stalls on the start line.

At the end I hope Verstappen curls one out on Hamiltons steering wheel!

Hamilton is a gobshite, a pox on him!

I'd prefer to see all of his wheels fall off clown car style around the last corner. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not the biggest F1 fan these days, but I watched the race on Sunday and enjoyed it very much. 

What a situation now, going into the last weekend. Dead level on points but Hamilton has won one less race. Verstappen could do a Schumacher and wipe Hamilton out to win the championship. 

Verstappen is unfortunately more of a petulant little bellend than Hamilton, so I’m hoping our man beats him in dramatic fashion. 

Same here, I watch the odd race, but the Saudi Grand Prix really delivered for drama. So many permutations, crashes and strategies, with a healthy bit of animosity and snide.

Hope Hamilton wins, never quite got the hate for him. A bit of a bellend, but nothing more.

• Upvote 2