You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vettel is a stuck up arrogant tosser mate, so is Hamilton though. I can't stand either of them. 

This is pretty much the correct answer.

They all seem to be up their own arses from what I've seen. From the little motor sport I've seen as I don't watch it as a rule,both the saloon car stuff and even the motorbikes seem far more exciting and the competitors are much more down to earth. F1 is like the PL,overhyped,overpaid competitors and very rarely exciting.

Vettel bang out of order there. 

As for Hamilton, I don't mind him. When he hangs up his boots he will have one of the best records ever. There's a British tendency to slap people down when they are successful. I understand where it's coming from, but in the case of Hamilton for me it's too much. He's a British boy and doing his stuff here and now. I hope he wins more races and more titles. Of course he's a bit too full of himself,  but that sort of goes with the territory of being young, successful, fawned over and highly paid.  

Vettel bang out of order there. 

As for Hamilton, I don't mind him. When he hangs up his boots he will have one of the best records ever. There's a British tendency to slap people down when they are successful. I understand where it's coming from, but in the case of Hamilton for me it's too much. He's a British boy and doing his stuff here and now. I hope he wins more races and more titles. Of course he's a bit too full of himself,  but that sort of goes with the territory of being young, successful, fawned over and highly paid.  

Jenson was world champion and doesnt throw his toys out the pram like Hamilton the little shithead. " er hi team,, can you tell bottas to slow down to help me"........ Team " Er no fuck off"

He definetly was taking the piss with that ultra slow exit speed from that corner the safety car was a bloody mile up the road. saying that Vettel was also out of order for side swiping him.

Anyway balls to them two.  Lance stroll was the driver of the day, fantastic stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not exactly F1 related, but I just saw a story about Sophia Floersch, a 17 year old Formula 3 driver who talks about the massive accident she had at the Macau Grand Prix last month. She talks about how it was a miracle she survived, and about how her ambition is to become Formula 1 world champion one day. I just searched Youtube for footage of the crash and it's fair to say that she is indeed fortunate to have lived to tell the tale. It's also fortunate that no-one else was injured in that incident. It's like her car was fired out of a cannon!

14 hours ago, Trumo said:

Not exactly F1 related, but I just saw a story about Sophia Floersch, a 17 year old Formula 3 driver who talks about the massive accident she had at the Macau Grand Prix last month. She talks about how it was a miracle she survived, and about how her ambition is to become Formula 1 world champion one day. I just searched Youtube for footage of the crash and it's fair to say that she is indeed fortunate to have lived to tell the tale. It's also fortunate that no-one else was injured in that incident. It's like her car was fired out of a cannon!

And nobody is going to mention 'bloody women drivers?' What is the GF coming to!

I read a bit of her account of the accident and she said that she let go of the steering wheel and braced herself for impact. What on Earth problem with the car would have resulted in the best possible solution being to let go of the steering wheel? Failed brakes? Locked steering? I can only imagine she hoped she would hit the barrier but by hitting the car first and taking off it made the accident look far worse. 

Lucky girl. 

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This can't be the only F1 thread, as I'm sure I would have posted before what a wank sport it now.

There has never been another sport that has destroyed itself so completely. I used to get up at 4:00am to watch races. Never missed a race in 20 years. Went to the Canadian grand Prix twice and Spa once.

Always wanted to be a designer like John Barnard or Adrian Newey. Even insisted on having the title 'Technical Director' for my former Spitfire design company.

Now you couldn't pay me to watch it. No energy, no real personalities. Terrible rule changes, shitty locations all for $$$. 

It's garbage.

1999. Nurburgring. Rain. Frentzen on pole. He, Irvine, Coulthard & Häkkinen could all still win the Championship. Michael Schumacher two broken legs (from memory) was out after Silverstone. After an incredible race, Stewart come home 1st & 2nd. Hakkinen sneaks 2 pointS which was maybe the difference in getting him the championship.

after the 99 season, I gave up on Formula 1. The best was in the past.

• 1 month later...
On 21/12/2018 at 11:31, Fluter in Dakota said:

What on Earth problem with the car would have resulted in the best possible solution being to let go of the steering wheel? 

Inevitable impact. If you keep hold, at best you're in for a bent steering wheel. More likely broken wrists. Get your hands away from the one piece of kit that will become your sworn enemy within a very short space of time.