You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Don't torture yourselves by watching MOTD and all the missed chances. Don't go over Carra's own goal in your head again and again. Don't go to sleep thinking "If only Stevie's shot went in off the bar". Most of all, don't kid yourselves into thinking we went there tonight, buckled under the pressure of being top, played shit and lost our title challange.

We went there, twated them all over the shop, didn't score the killer goal and they got lucky. We didn't get what our performance deserved and neither did they. Such is football, such is life. We've had enough good luck this season and for once we've been bitten on the arse. There's no point crying about it or over analysing it, shit happens in football (it's not an exact science) and tonight was just "one of those games" where a team that get played off the park somehow scrape a result. That's why everyone loves football and that's why moments like these are so hard to stomach.

Anyway, Nando's fit again, we'll qualify from the CL group with 2 games to spare on Wednesday and then we have the following 6 Premier League matches:

West Brom H

Bolton A

Fulham H

West Ham H

Blackburn A

Hull City H

Let's make sure we go on another boss run and get back to the top of the table. Nothings lost at all. The club can't afford to let 1 ridiculously unjust result get rid of the positivity around the place or let it erase the fact that we are better than we have been for years and have a genuine shot this time around. So to Rafa, the coaching staff, the players and all of us i say get up and get on with it. That's what champons do.

Believe.

Hmmm. If we're saying spurs just got lucky that sounds like our 'luck' ran out. And if our luck ran out tonight that suggests our challenge isnt based on firm foundations.

I still have reservations about some of the players being up to it but, as I've said before, the challenge this season is to mount a challenge not necessarily win the title (although that would be most welcome!)

Now we have lost, the next big test is how we respond to this setback. Just about everyone is snotting west brom, even hull put 3 past them. How many will we get or more importantly, how 'easily' will we put them to the sword?

hopefully this helps the players gather some perspective as well. i'm not saying they have gotten big heads or anything but there was bound to be a let down at some point. we played some very good stuff today, but we were behind it a bit in the 2nd half and we had a bit of luck go against us. but at the end of the day, maybe this was the kickstart we needed to realize that we've gotten our fair share of luck over the course of the season and no game should be taken for granted.

I'm devastated but it was bound to happen. The frustrating thing is that I don't think we've really taken the foot off the pedal in any of our wins, we just haven't been able to get the vital second goal. We become a bit more clinical in front of goal and we'll be right.

Don't torture yourselves by watching MOTD and all the missed chances. Don't go over Carra's own goal in your head again and again. Don't go to sleep thinking "If only Stevie's shot went in off the bar". Most of all, don't kid yourselves into thinking we went there tonight, buckled under the pressure of being top, played shit and lost our title challange.

We went there, twated them all over the shop, didn't score the killer goal and they got lucky. We didn't get what our performance deserved and neither did they. Such is football, such is life. We've had enough good luck this season and for once we've been bitten on the arse. There's no point crying about it or over analysing it, shit happens in football (it's not an exact science) and tonight was just "one of those games" where a team that get played off the park somehow scrape a result. That's why everyone loves football and that's why moments like these are so hard to stomach.

Anyway, Nando's fit again, we'll qualify from the CL group with 2 games to spare on Wednesday and then we have the following 6 Premier League matches:

West Brom H

Bolton A

Fulham H

West Ham H

Blackburn A

Hull City H

Let's make sure we go on another boss run and get back to the top of the table. Nothings lost at all. The club can't afford to let 1 ridiculously unjust result get rid of the positivity around the place or let it erase the fact that we are better than we have been for years and have a genuine shot this time around. So to Rafa, the coaching staff, the players and all of us i say get up and get on with it. That's what champons do.

Believe.

I have calmed down and totally agree.

I was VERY critical earlier in the season when we played shit football and still won games because I knew it had to come to an end if such performances continued.

Likewise, I don`t see any reason to be too down right now. The amount of unluck that we had today will happen once in maybe 5-6 years. What matters to me is that the performance was good and if we keep up that level of performance the points wil be coming in steadily.

There seem to be something solid about what is happening with the team these days. We stick (mostly) to the same tactics and the same line-up, I believe Rafa`s staff contribute very strongly to a positive development and we have Torres coming back soon.

However, the coming month will form our season. We have 6 games coming up that we should all win. If we manage that there I am 100% sure that we will be up there when May comes.

Stay positive!

By the way, you are repped.

ye lost-get over it! ye scousers have had yer fair share of luck so far this season ( players sent off for the opposition when they were winning and then end up losing to ye lot!) fact is ye are not good enough and are are still miles behind chelsea and united. want to see a title winning team? get your scouse arse up to the theatre of dreamm so!

we won it 3 times....

We've had enough good luck this season and for once we've been bitten on the arse.

I totally agree with the opening post.

For 70 minutes it was one of our best away performances under Benitez. Spurs couldn't keep the ball, except passing between King and Woddgate because our workrate and organisation as a team was brilliant. Whenever Spurs passed the ball to their full backs or midfield Riera, Gerrard, Kuyt, Alonson and Mascherano would give them no time and space on the ball and they would lose it. This meant King and Woddgate had to launch long balls up to Bent, which played into Carragher's and Agger's hands.

Not only that we created lots of chances and it was just a shame that most of them fell to Gerrard, who for once, didn't have his shooting boots on yesterday. The difference was probably not having the world class, clinical Torres, but he's always going to be a miss and thankfully we are still joint top of the league and he's due back.

I don't necessarily agree with the quote I have posted. I would argue we have also not had luck at times, such as the disallowed goal at Stoke and Torres' disallowed goal at Everton, injuries to Skrtel and Torres x 2.

But I think what is important is how we react to this result. We have to just put it to one side and go on a good run, as we have some really kind fixtures on paper all the way up to the end of January. We've played worse this season and won, that's football as you say.