You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Britain's Tightest Man...

Kopite

I was reading that yesterday. There's a fine line between frugality and personality disorder. The part that struck me the most was how he makes his wife walk to the supermarket while he drives and then makes her walk home again afterwards because he reckons it saves him 10p in petrol. Even more startling was that she goes along with it.

I'd divorce the sick bastard in a heartbeat. There's not a judge in the country that wouldn't call that unreasonable behaviour. He sounds like a mean, evil tyrant.

I was reading that yesterday. There's a fine line between frugality and personality disorder. The part that struck me the most was how he makes his wife walk to the supermarket while he drives and then makes her walk home again afterwards because he reckons it saves him 10p in petrol. Even more startling was that she goes along with it.

I'd divorce the sick bastard in a heartbeat. There's not a judge in the country that wouldn't call that unreasonable behaviour. He sounds like a mean, evil tyrant.

WifePoster.jpg

If we’re having a Sunday roast, I always get Susan to wake up at three o’clock in the morning to put it in the oven when the price of electricity is lower. She’ll be doing the same on Christmas morning with the turkey.

I'm implementing that one.

good tip :yes:

I can't understand why spouses marry people like this? I mean, you must have noticed what they were like before you said "I do," so why go through with it and make your life a drudge?

Because some men act like lovely, decent, functioning members of society till they've got a ring on your finger and/or knocked you up.

I watched a programme on this kind of thing when I was still in school, it was that good I still remember it.

Two of the people featured:

(1) A man whose washing machine broke, so he bought a mangle and sold it to his wife for £75.

(2) (not really a case of being tight this one, but good) a pub landlord dug a hole in the front, filled it with water and put a sign out front saying 'ye olde wishing well'. And over the next year collected over £100,000 in change from pissheads throwing all their coins in at the end of the night.

I watched a programme on this kind of thing when I was still in school, it was that good I still remember it.

Two of the people featured:

(1) A man whose washing machine broke, so he bought a mangle and sold it to his wife for £75.

(2) (not really a case of being tight this one, but good) a pub landlord dug a hole in the front, filled it with water and put a sign out front saying 'ye olde wishing well'. And over the next year collected over £100,000 in change from pissheads throwing all their coins in at the end of the night.

:wallbutt: What's the pont of going to uni? I'll be getting a crappy salary and working my arse off for years to come... All I needed was a hole and some water...

That's fantastic. I'd have fed his knackers through it. My Mum's got a mate and when we were kids she was a housewife. Her husband used to 'lend' her money to buy clothes and stuff for the kids. He used to make her pay him back out of her next week's shopping money. So he always had meat for his tea while her and the kids had to have beans on toast.

A mate of mine who used to work in a petrol garage used to have a customer who drove a shagged out old transit, would come in twice a day for about 2 quids worth of fuel. He did this more or less every day for about 6 months, eventually may mate asked him why he bought such little fuel. The explaination he gave was that he wasn't sure when he was going to sell the van.

I dont know why this fella is like this, I could understand if people are saving for something good but most of these type of people are habitually tight and would prefer to have it sitting in the bank doing nothing.

I worked in a place in South Road, Waterloo as a waiter, the boss would always offer to phone the customers a taxi and take change out of our tipbox to phone Delta taxis. At the end of the night you'd see him emptying the payphone and putting all the money in his pocket.

I dont know why this fella is like this, I could understand if people are saving for something good but most of these type of people are habitually tight and would prefer to have it sitting in the bank doing nothing.

Depends on your background I suppose. I've never given a shit about money and as a result have never really had any, I'd buy rounds of drinks and stuff and spend what I had on shit, but then I went through a phase - just after leaving college two years ago - where I didn't have a pot to piss in, I had to start watching my spending, and even when I got a job that 'being careful' still hung over me, I actually felt guilty about buying stuff because I was afraid I'd be in shit with the bank again - even though that wasn't a realistic fear.

I'm back to my best now though and recently bought a collection of old Time Magazines, all of which I have no intention of reading.

Depends on your background I suppose. I've never given a shit about money and as a result have never really had any, I'd buy rounds of drinks and stuff and spend what I had on shit, but then I went through a phase - just after leaving college two years ago - where I didn't have a pot to piss in, I had to start watching my spending, and even when I got a job that 'being careful' still hung over me, I actually felt guilty about buying stuff because I was afraid I'd be in shit with the bank again - even though that wasn't a realistic fear.

I'm back to my best now though and recently bought a collection of old Time Magazines, all of which I have no intention of reading.

I rang up Npower on the day they changed their electricity/gas prices back in August to give them a reading. Imagine my surprise when (again) they adjusted my usage so that some of it was at the higher rate. They did this last year and wouldn't change it because I gave them the meter reading a couple of days after they put their prices up.

This time I wasn't fobbed off. Yes it saved me a couple of pound, some might call that tight, but I was so angry with the haste they put their prices up because of "the rising cost of oil" but don't when it comes down (like it has in the last 2 months).

I think it depends on what money you have initially and you learn to live within your means, something i've always tried to do, never really bought anything outlandish or wasted tons of cash on shite. My mate spends like a drunken sailor on payday and then he's skint for the rest of the month but he never learns, he's done it every year for 6 years.

This guy in the mirror is a tool, why get into an argument over 50p at the bar? - surely it's just not worth the hassle.

I rang up Npower on the day they changed their electricity/gas prices back in August to give them a reading. Imagine my surprise when (again) they adjusted my usage so that some of it was at the higher rate. They did this last year and wouldn't change it because I gave them the meter reading a couple of days after they put their prices up.

This time I wasn't fobbed off. Yes it saved me a couple of pound, some might call that tight, but I was so angry with the haste they put their prices up because of "the rising cost of oil" but don't when it comes down (like it has in the last 2 months).

Thats not being tight thats just sticking to your guns. Some tit i spoke to when i was renewing my car insurance sent me a quote by post for 550 quid, he tried to blag me on the phone when i rang up to confirm i was taking it that the premiums constantly change and it was now 650 even though it was confirmed in writing. I told him to fuck off as i'd had a better quote elsewhere, he then put me on hold for ten minutes to "talk to his broker" and gave me it for the original price on the letter they sent out. Twats.

I think it depends on what money you have initially and you learn to live within your means, something i've always tried to do, never really bought anything outlandish or wasted tons of cash on shite. My mate spends like a drunken sailor on payday and then he's skint for the rest of the month but he never learns, he's done it every year for 6 years.

This guy in the mirror is a tool, why get into an argument over 50p at the bar? - surely it's just not worth the hassle.

Dont look in the mirror then. Apart from that it might crack!

Don’t waste money on crackers and paper hats this Christmas. We make our own crackers, which are just as good as the real thing – even though we have to do the bang noises ourselves when we pull them. And last year we made our Christmas hats from the Daily Mirror TV listings, which I thought were even better than the real things.

Amazing.