You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't understand why he's so highly rated as an England player. He has done fuck all for them for about ten years now.

The problem is, neither has anyone else.  So the press go back to the last glimmer of hope they saw for Ingerrlund, which was Rooney.  They will continue to harp on about the bulbous one until someone else rips it up for a couple of games in the white shirt.

I hope to fuck Sterling doesn't inherit that role. 

Phil McNulty spouting shite .

How can anything be "merited " for their efforts in Brasil unless its a good kicking

Wayne Rooney's appointment as England captainis the right choice by manager Roy Hodgson - not least because of a glaring lack of obvious alternatives for a post that still retains great significance and prestige.

England's World Cup captain Steven Gerrard and deputy Frank Lampard have vacated the international stage, while the claims of goalkeeper Joe Hart and defender Gary Cahill could not come close to someone of Rooney's status and importance.

Rooney's ascent to the captaincy is not simply a case of last man standing, it is well merited on the basis of his efforts on and off the pitch in that abysmal Brazilian summer.

Rooney's lank, lifeless strands look as if they have been woven on a loom by a double amputee, from medium grade ass and navel hair. People starve and this douche has a pubic toupe that costs more than an entry-level luxury vehicle. It's some world Jim, but by god I wouldn't want to live in it.

There's no limit to the creative, insightful, incisive custodianship of this England Manager.

He is prescient, ahead of his time.

If only England had him at the helm when Hungary visited Wembley in 1953.

They wouldn't have got 3.

Named England captain. The biggest footballing fraud in living memory. Astonishing.

That's a tight call between rooney and hodgson to be fair. 

I don't see the big problem. It's not like the England captain is a role model for kids. And it's not like Rooney has a history of sh*gging prostitutes, cheating on his wife, demanding bigger wages, swearing down the telly cameras, or getting sent off.

No, not tight.

Hodgson wins quite quite comfortably.

Well, on that bombshell, I'll let the man defend himself...

"Unbelievable. What do you mean by that? In 35 years, how many clubs have I had? What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting. To suggest that because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work is very hard to believe.”

He rests his case.

• Upvote 3

The unfortunate thing about this appointment is that it precludes the possibility of trying something different with one or two of the younger players. Rooney occupies the sort of space that the likes of Sterling and possibly Barkley could thrive in. 

We've seen what Rooney can do. He was excellent as a 16 year old. Played well and got his move to Man Utd. And then he didn't really kick on. He's never been a bad player, far from it, but you couldn't exactly say that he has fulfilled his potential. It's all a bit meh. 

As for Hodgson, he's an over promoted PE teacher. Nice enough fella, but clearly more suited to an administrative role. 

• Upvote 2

The unfortunate thing about this appointment is that it precludes the possibility of trying something different with one or two of the younger players. Rooney occupies the sort of space that the likes of Sterling and possibly Barkley could thrive in. 

We've seen what Rooney can do. He was excellent as a 16 year old. Played well and got his move to Man Utd. And then he didn't really kick on. He's never been a bad player, far from it, but you couldn't exactly say that he has fulfilled his potential. It's all a bit meh. 

As for Hodgson, he's an over promoted PE teacher. Nice enough fella, but clearly more suited to an administrative role. 

Sorry Rev but that is just wrong. He is a cunt.

• Upvote 6

That's what I thought too until fucking Purslow decided he was Liverpool manager material.

Hodgson is a fucking cunt, there are non two ways about it.

EDIT: Beaten to it. That bastard riles me to the point I'm unable to finish the thread before wading in!

• Upvote 3

Interesting to see him taking a shot at Shaw's fitness, two months after the fact, and only after Van Gaal raised the same concerns.

He really is an incompetent prick.

Yeh I saw that.

What the fuck is wrong with Shaw ? I know he has some injury issue at the moment but Christ the lad is 19 and just made the big time. He should be pulling up trees at his age.