You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you are doing the Google thing, check out Damien Spleeters - he has a shedload of stuff about how arms are funneled in the Middle East.

In depth stuff about how they are now manufacturing their own weapons as well as tracking country of origin for tons (literally) of stuff.

Ha, very close to my name that. Its not me though. I don't have alter-egos unlike some on here.... 

11 hours ago, SasaS said:

I think there were at one point something like 3.000 groups and militias fighting against Assad. It's certainly possible that some of them received guns and funding and later became part of ISIS. But saying that the UK and US funded ISIS would be like saying that the Islamist element of anti-Assad rebellion was created by Assad, because he let them all out of jail to go fight in Iraq and kept the routes for fighters to go fight the Americans open for years.

Well, yeah, both I would agree with.  Same as how Israel funded and promoted Hamas.

Just because they are now in opposition to those dodgy terrorist types doesn't erase their historical impact in having helped create them in the first place.

6 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Well, yeah, both I would agree with.  Same as how Israel funded and promoted Hamas.

Just because they are now in opposition to those dodgy terrorist types doesn't erase their historical impact in having helped create them in the first place.

Exactly. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Iran is preparing for this imminent war. So much so they built a mock up of a US carrier and attacked it.  They’ve released footage of helicopter launching anti ship missiles from helicopters about a mile from the target and scuba divers in 15 ft of water planting mines on it.  Obviously in real life the helicopter wouldn’t get within 30 miles and the divers would have burst eardrums from the anti personnel mines detonated near the ship. 

Anyhow, the ‘attack’ was so successful the mock up sank.  And now lies in the shipping lane a danger to all Iranian vessels using that port.   Idiots. 

26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Iran is preparing for this imminent war. So much so they built a mock up of a US carrier and attacked it.  They’ve released footage of helicopter launching anti ship missiles from helicopters about a mile from the target and scuba divers in 15 ft of water planting mines on it.  Obviously in real life the helicopter wouldn’t get within 30 miles and the divers would have burst eardrums from the anti personnel mines detonated near the ship. 

Anyhow, the ‘attack’ was so successful the mock up sank.  And now lies in the shipping lane a danger to all Iranian vessels using that port.   Idiots. 

Oh well it could have been worse.

They could have mistakenly shot down a passenger plane killing nearly 300 civilians, for example.

Edit - not being facetious, just can't bring myself to give any leeway to the US when it comes to the Middle East.

It's an emotive subject I should probably avoid.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

Oh well it could have been worse.

They could have mistakenly shot down a passenger plane killing nearly 300 civilians, for example.

Edit - not being facetious, just can't bring myself to give any leeway to the US when it comes to the Middle East.

It's an emotive subject I should probably avoid.

There weren’t that many people on the Ukrainian plane shot down by Iran were there? 

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolutely. All the governments in that region are 

I can't be doing with the stupid and dishonest argument that if you oppose bombing the living shit out of a country, then you must support that country's government, in some way.  I've heard that bullshit ever since 2003, at least.

I hate the UK Government, but I would oppose plans to bomb my house.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I can't be doing with the stupid and dishonest argument that if you oppose bombing the living shit out of a country, then you must support that country's government, in some way.  I've heard that bullshit ever since 2003, at least.

I hate the UK Government, but I would oppose plans to bomb my house.

It comes from a desire to have baddies and goodies.

"Oh you must love Iran's government then". No, they're total cunts. Just like Saudi Arabia's and Israel's.

• Upvote 1