You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Worth a read

Tweet 6 :

6. I'm told that there will be expanded protests Sunday night in Iran (these things are always subject to change, particularly with intimidation from the government). So the question is what kind of support are the Iranian people going to get from the external world?

Yeah I've seen that often before. A lot of it from Venezuelan right wingers. The CIA will have probably been "helping" for months now, and might've even started the recent aggro off to. We know the US gov are obsessed with Iran so before anyone starts with "conspiracy theory", it'd probably be more of one to suggest they weren't doing something. Pompeo is an ex-CIA boss and he's been a hawk regarding Iran I think, it's no surprise at all if his mates are out there trying to stir up shit.

"The west called, they want their oil again."

Venezuela MK II.

The oil thing is less important than it was as the US is far less dependent on imported oil than it was 10 years ago.  these days it's more about the US industrial complex exploiting Iran in other ways, the US military industrial complex needing to sell more missiles, and the US government maintaining control of its dumb and sedated people.  

11 minutes ago, stringvest said:

The oil thing is less important than it was as the US is far less dependent on imported oil than it was 10 years ago.  these days it's more about the US industrial complex exploiting Iran in other ways, the US military industrial complex needing to sell more missiles, and the US government maintaining control of its dumb and sedated people.  

I think it has a lot to do with Israel not wanting anyone else near them to have nuclear weapons. In-fact I suspect that is the main driver here. Oh and the oil. That Israel wants. (feels its entitled too because you know, to deny them it is anti-semitic) 

1 minute ago, polymerpunkah said:

Iran's role in funding/supporting groups throughout the region that oppose US allies must play a part as well.

Houthis, Hezbollah, Hamas etc.

I know. Plus Iran don't like ISIS who the Uk and US funded so conflict is understandable. 

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It is a well known fact that ISIS were using british and american weapons and means to fight Assad before they turned on the rest of the world you pair of fucking clowns. 

No it isn't. ISIS was not funded by the UK or US.

14 minutes ago, SasaS said:

No it isn't. ISIS was not funded by the UK or US.

You keep them blinkers on. I'm starting to think you want the US to twat Iran. I also suspect why and I quite frankly hate you for it. 

I actually like you but when it comes to politics you are a bad bell whiff. Like me. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

You keep them blinkers on. I'm starting to think you want the US to twat Iran. I also suspect why and I quite frankly hate you for it. 

I actually like you but when it comes to politics you are a bad bell whiff. Like me. 

You have a suspicious mind.

We can't go on together and you can forget about building our dreams.

46 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It depends where you draw the line in degrees of separation.

ISIS in Syria was funded by the US and allies though, surely?  When they were trying to help the good rebels in ousting Assad they spread around money and weapons pretty willy nilly to all sorts of groups who pretty much turned into ISIS.  Thought that was reasonably widely recognised non-fake news?

I mean, they didn't say "how can we fund and arm a crazy Islamist organisation - ah these'll do".  But they did fund and arm a crazy Islamist organisation. 

Probably 1.1 degrees of separation?