You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Iran have shouted loads about war and violence etc in the past without substance so maybe this attack on Soleimani has made them think "Fuck, we actually don't want a war" and they have had an agreement with the US to fire a shitload of missiles at a base. The US can make sure their troops are safe and Iran can report a load of deaths within Iran to appease the masses. 

Who knows. Lets hope thats it. 

Yeah that's how I see it. Just an appease the masses exercise.  Apparently the US are claiming the had no casualties but Iran are telling a different story. 

27 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Yeah that's how I see it. Just an appease the masses exercise.  Apparently the US are claiming the had no casualties but Iran are telling a different story. 

The US initially said only Iraqi casualties and Iraq said that was bullshit. Nuts 

He's giving a speech now in which he has called on the UK to abandon the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action agreement with Iran.

So obviously Johnson will agree.

And he's adding more sanctions, which is about all he can do for the moment.

Edit: He also wants Nato to be more involved in the middle east, so that'll be interesting.

Oh dear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51055219

Iran mistakenly shot down the Ukrainian plane that crashed on Wednesday near Tehran with 176 people on board, US media report.

US officials say they believe the Ukrainian International Airlines Boeing 737-800 was hit by a missile, CBS says.

Ukraine earlier said it was examining whether a missile strike brought down the aircraft - but Iran ruled this out.

The crash came just hours after Iran carried out missile strikes on two airbases housing US forces in Iraq.

CBS News quoting US intelligence said a satellite detected infrared "blips" of two missile launches, followed by another blip of an explosion.

Meanwhile, Newsweek quoted a Pentagon and a senior US intelligence officials, as well as an Iraqi intelligence official as saying they believed the Ukrainian plane was hit by a Russian-made Tor missile.

US President Donald Trump on Thursday said "I have my suspicions" over the plane. "Somebody could have made a mistake," he said.

CBS has

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/plane-crash-us-officials-confident-iran-shot-down-passenger-jet-bound-for-ukraine-today-2020-01-09-live-stream-updates/

U.S. officials are confident Iran shot down a Ukrainian jetliner in the hours after the Iranian missile attack on U.S. targets earlier this week, CBS News has learned. The Ukrainian International Airlines plane crashed Wednesday soon after takeoff from Tehran's airport, killing all 176 people on board.

U.S. intelligence picked up signals of a radar being turned on, sources told CBS News. U.S. satellites also detected two surface-to-air missile launches, which happened shortly before the plane exploded, CBS News was told.

Federal officials were briefed on the intelligence Thursday, CBS News transportation Kris Van Cleave reports. A source who was in the briefing said it appears missile components were found near the crash site.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It was pretty obvious that's what must have happened, the odds of it being a coincidence would be stratospheric. Maybe the pro-Iran lot will wind their necks in now.

Who are the pro Iran lot you absolute balloon? 

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It was pretty obvious that's what must have happened, the odds of it being a coincidence would be stratospheric. Maybe the pro-Iran lot will wind their necks in now.

Just like you have being pro-Israel and all that. 

16 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Iran shoots down a plane full of innocent children and I'm the one copping the flak. Point proven I think?

You haven't made a point. You never make a point. You lie, deflect and chat shit. But you crack on, its enjoyable these days. 

But yes. Cunt move by Iran. Mistake or not thats completely unacceptable. Still.... If Trump hadn't assassinated one of their generals. The same General who was spending time with US forces when fighting ISIS. It was an illegal attack and the consequences are also on Trumps hands. And also his puppet masters. Whoever they may be. 

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Should we be concerned about the coincidence of it being Ukranian?

As was pointed out earlier there seemed to be a full flow of passenger jets before and after this incident in the same space.

Thats why I instantly thought it wasn't Iran. Air-Traffic was normal all over the region that night/morning. A few people tweeted that the US could be involved as a person of interest may have been on-board. One shout was something to do with Hilary Clinton having an affair and a witness being on-board. Obviously its Twitter so is more bollocks than the bollocks I spout but it does make you think. I genuinely struggle to believe anything I hear or read these days. Especially when it comes to cunts like the US/Iranian/Russian/ Israeli/British governments. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

But yes. Cunt move by Iran. Mistake or not thats completely unacceptable. Still.... If Trump hadn't assassinated one of their generals. The same General who was spending time with US forces when fighting ISIS. It was an illegal attack and the consequences are also on Trumps hands. And also his puppet masters. Whoever they may be. 

Why do you need to qualify it with mitigation? "It was an illegal attack"... "The consequences are on Trump's hands" etc. And then the sly little digs about puppet masters. The normal insinuations and double standards.