You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Bit of a massive leap there - because you have no other legitimate discussion point perhaps?

If you want your words to have any meaning, you need to acknowledge your part in creating the situation.  Otherwise you just look like either stupid or untrustworthy. 

First off, I had nothing to do with something that happened 25 years before I was born. Small academic point there.

Secondly, everyone acknowledges the role Britain played in overthrowing Mossadegh in the 1950s, it's hardly a secret. This does not preclude the British from criticising what Iran is up to now any more than what Australia did to the Aborigines would prevent Australians from having an opinion on anything.

18 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

You clearly have no idea what is going on in Syria if you think that's an appropriate comparison. 

And I have never in my life backed Netanyahu. Stop making things up.

How isn't it? Just by using different methods of genocide? 

Erm.... You once told me if I ever found evidence of you lying you would leave the forum. I did and you didn't. 

13 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

First off, I had nothing to do with something that happened 25 years before I was born. Small academic point there.

Secondly, everyone acknowledges the role Britain played in overthrowing Mossadegh in the 1950s, it's hardly a secret. This does not preclude the British from criticising what Iran is up to now any more than what Australia did to the Aborigines would prevent Australians from having an opinion on anything.

Yes fair enough, an individual can comment and criticise of course.  I do agree Ardj drew a bit of a long bow there.

On the second point - firstly hardly anyone acknowledges the role Britain played in overthrowing Mossadegh - it is never mentioned by politicians when discussing Iran ever.  If you can find any mention in the popular press of Labour or Conservative government ministers mentioning this when discussing situations in the Middle East I would be interested to see them.  If you can find Trump or the US administration mentioning it when discussing Iran - again please share.  I think they would be extremely difficult to find. 

Second part two.  Australia's history of treatment of the the Aborigines should indeed be taken into account when dealing with the plight of Aboriginal people today.  As, in fact, it is often not by ignorant white-Australian types who say they should pull themselves together and get on with being part of society like everyone else.  Unless you can acknowledge the history of thousands of years of culture being torn assunder, land stolen, children stolen, etc. you are going to just look like an ignorant cunt.

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How isn't it? Just by using different methods of genocide? 

Erm.... You once told me if I ever found evidence of you lying you would leave the forum. I did and you didn't. 

Neither are genocide. However, 23,000 people were killed in Syria last year. 25,000 people have been killed in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, ever. I think the numbers illustrate the difference in scale better than anything else could.

Since you just lied about me supporting Netanyahu, I'd hold off calling other people liars if I were you.

17 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Neither are genocide. However, 23,000 people were killed in Syria last year. 25,000 people have been killed in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, ever. I think the numbers illustrate the difference in scale better than anything else could.

Since you just lied about me supporting Netanyahu, I'd hold off calling other people liars if I were you.

Is that a challenge to me showing you a post SD? 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is that a challenge to me showing you a post SD? 

I'd rather you didn't do it here, because this is the Iran topic, and it has nothing to do with that. If anyone is bothered enough to search for every post I've made with the word Netanyahu, they can see for themselves, without boring the entire forum.

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I'd rather you didn't do it here, because this is the Iran topic, and it has nothing to do with that. If anyone is bothered enough to search for every post I've made with the word Netanyahu, they can see for themselves, without boring the entire forum.

Iran can fuck off. 

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Yeah man.  It's beddy byes for me.  I like to listen to police interrogations as I drift off.

Night night. 

You are straight on X hamster listening to Shirley from Leeds get ploughed by her husbands best mate so don't lie in here. 

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Where did you find those numbers? 25,000 is, I would say, disputable. At the very least 

40 minutes ago, moof said:

Where did you find those numbers? 25,000 is, I would say, disputable. At the very least 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts

I don't know whether it's 100% accurate, but it's in that ballpark.

Certainly it doesn't come close to the more than half a million killed in Syria since 2011.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Not sure Israel should be applauded for not being quite as successful as they'd like.

So despite managing to rule the world, own the press, the banks and infiltrate most governments, the Israelis are rubbish at killing the people in the country next door? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

34 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh man, irony is going to fuck you right up. 

Well let’s see, you used an anti-Semitic trope about Jews controlling the world, and conflated the criticism of Israel with all Jews. Not sure how much further you could have gone here, but it’s ok because you were just joking.

Otherwise known as the Bernard Manning defence. Good to see.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

So despite managing to rule the world, own the press, the banks and infiltrate most governments, the Israelis are rubbish at killing the people in the country next door? 

Fucking hell rico.. that’s the most anti-semitic posts I’ve ever seen in this forum. Please remove. Not a good look for this forum.

• Upvote 1

Although I think Rico has, to put it kindly, some very disturbing view towards brown and black people, I think it's clear that he wasn't remotely being antisemitic there. He was clearly pointing out the inconsistency of the argument of those who are antisemitic. 

No idea why he said those things to Jairz, though; to my knowledge he's never said anything close to those antisemitic trope. Rico looks to have, once again, just been plain wrong and stupid, rather than antisemitic.