You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

It was a joke because your post about the Type 42 destroyer could have been read as a bit jingoistic. I’m well aware you’re not a warmonger.

Type 45 and don’t you dare disrespect Her Majesty’s ships ever again. 

I guess it could yeah, but it’s just an accurate description of that piece of hardware. It’s probably the best anti-air/missile defence ship in the world. Problem is there’s only 6 of them. The US has 63 Arleigh Burke destroyers. Still, it’s very good. As are our new carriers, upcoming Type 26, City class, and our submarines. The quality is extremely high, the amount isn’t high enough to be too bullish around the world. That said, all this talk that the UK can’t handle itself is woefully ignorant. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Type 45 and don’t you dare disrespect Her Majesty’s ships ever again. 

I guess it could yeah, but it’s just an accurate description of that piece of hardware. It’s probably the best anti-air/missile defence ship in the world. Problem is there’s only 6 of them. The US has 63 Arleigh Burke destroyers. Still, it’s very good. As are our new carriers, upcoming Type 26, City class, and our submarines. The quality is extremely high, the amount isn’t high enough to be too bullish around the world. That said, all this talk that the UK can’t handle itself is woefully ignorant. 

Latest copy of Jane's Fighting Ships is pretty good then?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Amen. 

Two years from now 80% of the lads under 30 will be dead or have no arms and legs and me and you will be slow dancing in town with an ocean of poontang that have been ripening on the vine. I'll slap a few bottoms then head to the gym, which will be completely empty. 

don't tell 'em, Pike.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m hoping you entered my quote in there by mistake? I’m guessing you did as you reply to it after. Just for clarity though, I think war with Iran should be avoided at all costs. 

As long as thhis thread has it down as being 'imminent' we should be good for a while yet.

• Upvote 1

It's all relative, isn't it?  In terms of the history of everything then eleven years is nothing, so yes it could be interpreted as imminent if a war breaks out now.  Also the OP was merely asking the question, is it imminent?  There's nothing wrong with posing the question. 

We need to love each other more instead of picking on the starter of this thread. 

9 hours ago, TK421 said:

It's all relative, isn't it?  In terms of the history of everything then eleven years is nothing, so yes it could be interpreted as imminent if a war breaks out now.  Also the OP was merely asking the question, is it imminent?  There's nothing wrong with posing the question. 

We need to love each other more instead of picking on the starter of this thread. 

You'll be telling me it's going to start on a Tuesday next.

• Like 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Greenland/Denmark politely said 'Fuck Off.' I dare say Trump's interest has nothing to do with the ice sheets melting thus making it easier to get to the vast amounts of minerals. 

• 3 weeks later...

Iranian tanker row: Ambassador summoned over Syria claim

Oil on an Iranian tanker detained in Gibraltar has been transferred to Syria, in breach of EU sanctions, the foreign secretary has said.

The ship, seized in July with the help of UK Royal Marines, was released after Iran gave written assurances that it was not bound for Syria.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said it was clear the tanker had transferred its cargo in Syria.

Mr Raab has summoned the Iranian ambassador to the Foreign Office.

The Adrian Darya One - previously called Grace One - had originally listed its destination as Turkey, when it was released after being detained in Gibraltar for six weeks.

Satellite images appeared to show the vessel off the Syrian coast on Friday.

In a statement, the foreign office said Iran's actions represented an "unacceptable violation of international norms" and that the UK would raise the issue at the UN General Assembly later this month.

But an Iranian foreign ministry spokesman would only say the ship had delivered its cargo after docking "on the Mediterranean coast".

The US vowed on Sunday to impose sanctions on any buyer of the 2.1 million barrels of Iranian crude oil on board.

The foreign secretary also accused Iran of illegally supplying weapons to Houthi insurgents in Yemen, supporting what he called "Hezbollah terrorists" and hijacking commercial ships passing through the Gulf.

"We want Iran to come in from the cold but the only way to do that is to keep its word and comply with the rules-based international system," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49655711