You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Mate, The Royal Navy has some of the best and most advanced warships and equipment in the world. But they are maintained with spit and blu-tac. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I saw living on a warship ........2q41mq.jpg )

Proper piss-take considering the money ploughed into defence. 

They've just announced that Service Personal will get a pay rise, the highest that they've had in donkeys years. Coincidence? 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Think again, due to cut backs they have fitted it out with these. 

Image result for Water planes

I've done customs checks on one of them, fucking loads of places they could hide stash. The pilot went through them all for me. Lovely aircraft. 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They've just announced that Service Personal will get a pay rise, the highest that they've had in donkeys years. Coincidence? 

Nope. Never a coincidence. Oh and they know a General Election is on the horizon. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Nope. Never a coincidence. Oh and they know a General Election is on the horizon. 

Yep, Police and Fire service all up for a pay rise as well. I obviously still have a few mates/sons of mates in the services and they were suddenly stood down from possible policing of streets due to problems arriving from Brexit. Bet that will change again come October. 

The Revolutionary Guards said they had seized the Stena Impero, citing international maritime law for their actions. Iran Front Page quoted an unnamed military source as saying the tanker had been “crossing a route other than the shipping lane in the strait of Hormuz, had switched off its transponders and did not pay any attention to Iran’s warnings when it was seized by the [Revolutionary Guard] forces”.

Iran had been complaining bitterly about the detention by UK forces of an Iranian tanker two weeks ago off Gibraltar.

The seizure of the tankers came just hours after authorities in Gibraltar announced their were extending their custody of the Iranian tanker, the Grace 1, suspected of shipping oil to Syria.

Shouldn't be too difficult to see satellite images of what that route was and where they were when the transponder went off. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Donald is front and centre in this story on the ITV news. 

What's that fuck ferret had to say, John? I'm listening to vibes at the moment. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

“We’ll work with the UK, they’ve been a great ally and they’re getting a new prime minister soon which is a good thing”

Hahahaha. I noticed earlier that trump was lauding, BJ. Coincidence?  Partners in crime. I reckon Theresa agreed to hold hands, but refused to suck his cock.  

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Presuming heh? Awfully good of you.  But no, there’s zero evidence. 

There's no evidence of piracy, either.

Try re-reading my post and see if you understand what this one says second time around, too. 

Like you, I've got no idea of the legality or otherwise of Iran's actions: neither of us know enough either about international maritime law or the events in this instance to make that call.  I just think that when our media post snippets of quotes from the Iranians claiming that the ship was breaking the rules, that the implication is "... in which case our actions were legally justified".

9 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yep, Police and Fire service all up for a pay rise as well. I obviously still have a few mates/sons of mates in the services and they were suddenly stood down from possible policing of streets due to problems arriving from Brexit. Bet that will change again come October. 

It's all from existing budgets. So they'll all get a pay rise and then realise there's no money for big rolls and handwash. The resolve to police post-Brexit Britain let alone have a fisticuffs with Iran won't last beyond the first toilet break.

5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There's no evidence of piracy, either.

Try re-reading my post and see if you understand what this one says second time around, too. 

Like you, I've got no idea of the legality or otherwise of Iran's actions: neither of us know enough either about international maritime law or the events in this instance to make that call.  I just think that when our media post snippets of quotes from the Iranians claiming that the ship was breaking the rules, that the implication is "... in which case our actions were legally justified".

It was in international waters. They have no right to take it.  It was tracked all the way.  

Apparently a shipping expert was on BBC news at 8:10 this morning explaining it.  I’ve not seen it but should be on iplayer today. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It was in international waters. They have no right to take it.  It was tracked all the way.  

Apparently a shipping expert was on BBC news at 8:10 this morning explaining it.  I’ve not seen it but should be on iplayer today. 

I'm not questioning whether or not the ship had broken any laws, (I'm not even sure which laws Iran claimed it broke)  I'm questioning your assertion that the Iranians would have no right to seize a ship in the event that it had broken laws.  If the seizure of the Grace 1 off Gibraltar a few days ago wasn’t piracy, then it seems that those sort of actions are, in some circumstances, legal.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm not questioning whether or not the ship had broken any laws, (I'm not even sure which laws Iran claimed it broke)  I'm questioning your assertion that the Iranians would have no right to seize a ship in the event that it had broken laws.  If the seizure of the Grace 1 off Gibraltar a few days ago wasn’t piracy, then it seems that those sort of actions are, in some circumstances, legal.

The Grace was in EU waters and suspected of breaking EU sanctions. 

But you knew that. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

The Grace was in EU waters and suspected of breaking EU sanctions. 

But you knew that. 

You basically said that seizing a ship you believe is breaking the law is an act of piracy. The case of the Grace 1 suggests that you're wrong.

Do you know which laws Iran has accused the ship of breaking? BBC Breakfast mentioned something about failing to stop and provide assistance after an alleged collision with an Iranian fishing vessel. In those circumstances, is it relevant whether or not it's in international waters?

I have no idea about the rights and wrongs about either situation , not being a maritime legal expert , but the immediate acceptance that we are completely in the right ( not pushed into it by the US , honest guv) whereas they are dirty foreign pirates may give a snapshot of where the Brexit vote came from.

• Upvote 2